Team Russia

After some reflection another scenario emerges.

Of course we first learnt about Alexandra Trusova's leaving Team Tutberidze.

But isn't it more likely that the first who decided to leave was Sergei Rozanov, and that he helped luring the girls' parents about continuing somehow the same (boasting to be able to provide all what the team did), somehow better with a bit of Plushenko (and evoking his medals) with better rink etc?

If so, what decided him? Maybe he didn't like the working atmosphere and when approached by Plushenko, thought he would be better there? But maybe, there was also a hefty sum? In such case I wouldn't much rely on such a coach for my own child.

All speculation of course, as we are purely on speculations (and outright accusations, even the most evidently false ones).

And speaking of Eteri Tutberidze blocked in quarantine in Detroit, it seems some knew about it and chose well their moment to attack...

Edit : I forgot to mention Daniil Samsonov. I think it less likely for him to go, because he came to the team with Daniil Gleichengauz, who was his previous coach, and they seem to go very well along, but there again, he's a minor, who decide are his parents.

Well I really want to know the most about Dudakov now. They will be fine even with most of their current skaters leave, but without him, Eteri is in big trouble. Can't imagine filling that gap easily.

1 hour ago, liv said:

Trust the Russians to bring some drama to the figure skating world... even if there is currently no skating going on and there is no timetable for it to return!!

That 1 of the 3A is leaving is no surprise, I really believed one of them was going to bolt sooner rather than later... but for me that it is Trusova is a bit of a surprise... just because I thought Kostornaia might be the one who would want better choreography after that disaster of a long from last season... and she's capable of much more than Daniil can deliver. BUT, given Trusova's troubles last year compared to the other two this doesn't surprise me either. I hope it works out for her because although her skating skills leave much to be desired, her tenacity and competitive drive really demand my attention. I just like her for HER, rather than for her skating.

I actually don't think any of them has that much self awareness to improve artistically. if Kostornaia were to leave, she would have left 2 seasons ago when she kept coming 2nd to Sasha. But last season worked so well for her and i'm sure the team has seen her as a gold contender among the three and will shift their focus to get her up technically. I don't see why she would want to leave.

I think this whole thing reminds me of kpop. SME used to be the top entertainment group of the big three along with JYP and YG. They kept having trainees coming to them because as long as the trainees debut, it's a guarantee success. The groups were almost guaranteed a big fanbase due to the reputation of being under one of the big three. But their groups always ended up having one or two members leaving due to mistreatment, dissatisfaction, and their slave contracts. Over time, many fans got bored of their style due to the company's complacency and mismanagement. On the other hand, Big Hit was a much less reputable company and mainly managed BTS at the time. Now Big Hit overtook SME solely on the success of BTS.  Eteri camp sorta remind me of SME. 

6 hours ago, Paskud said:

Well you know, that doesn't surprise me. I get the impression from the little that I've seen about them that Trusova's parents are what we in Canada would call extreme hockey parents - i.e. extremely pushy about ensuring their children's success in the sport, to the point of being inappropriate. It would not surprise me at all if they were the ones who decided this and approached Plush. 

Anyway, @Paskud, re 'Eteri leaving Eteri':

- at this point, if she did go, who could blame her? :2:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well you know, that doesn't surprise me. I get the impression from the little that I've seen about them that Trusova's parents are what we in Canada would call extreme hockey parents - i.e. extremely pushy about ensuring their children's success in the sport, to the point of being inappropriate. It would not surprise me at all if they were the ones who decided this and approached Plush. 

Reminds me of what I read about both Gogolev and Nam Nguyen leaving TCC, that it was parents who thought their kid was not getting the attention they needed.  With both of them the jury is out on whether it was a mistake, but if Steven doesn't come good after puberty....

And all those years ago when Yuzu moved to TCC, there were discussions on whether he was being pushed (not by his parents, but by the JSF). Of course, now we know exactly whose idea it was and no one pushes him where he doesn't want to go :happy0158:

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Reminds me of what I read about both Gogolev and Nam Nguyen leaving TCC, that it was parents who thought their kid was not getting the attention they needed.

Well in Nam's case, it seems a lot more likely that his parents couldn't afford to keep sending him there ( to TCC). They're not wealthy, as far as has been reported, and these days Nam works part-time to pay for his skating expenses. I would imagine TCC is pricey. 

But for Gogolev, I read the same as you, and the same for Tursynbeyeva - her mom decided she should leave. Anxious parents unwilling to wait for a process to unfold naturally, I would say. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well in Nam's case, it seems a lot more likely that his parents couldn't afford to keep sending him there ( to TCC). They're not wealthy, as far as has been reported, and these days Nam works part-time to pay for his skating expenses. I would imagine TCC is pricey. 

But for Gogolev, I read the same as you, and the same for Tursynbeyeva - her mom decided she should leave. Anxious parents unwilling to wait for a process to unfold naturally, I would say. 

I think I recall Nam saying something about how now that he pays for his training he appreciates it more or he takes it more seriously or something. I think he might have goofed/slacked off a bit at some point and that also led to him leaving TCC because it just wasn't worth it if he wasn't really valuing it. Whatever the case, he's grown from it and he seems to have a healthy attitude.

Vincent Zhou's mother is the parent I feel like I always hear about when it comes to being in control of her kid's skating career.