Team Russia

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I hope he steps up and turns out to be a good choice for them.  It would be good to see Rusfed spread the candy around a bit.

I hope it so, not that I consider Eteri Tutberidze to be favoured by Rusfed, but for Ladies skating in general. Because, I have no idea about Alena Zhilina, but I find Veronika extremely promising, and would ve sorry if her talent was to be lost.

Trust the Russians to bring some drama to the figure skating world... even if there is currently no skating going on and there is no timetable for it to return!!

That 1 of the 3A is leaving is no surprise, I really believed one of them was going to bolt sooner rather than later... but for me that it is Trusova is a bit of a surprise... just because I thought Kostornaia might be the one who would want better choreography after that disaster of a long from last season... and she's capable of much more than Daniil can deliver. BUT, given Trusova's troubles last year compared to the other two this doesn't surprise me either. I hope it works out for her because although her skating skills leave much to be desired, her tenacity and competitive drive really demand my attention. I just like her for HER, rather than for her skating.

3 minutes ago, liv said:

Trust the Russians to bring some drama to the figure skating world... even if there is currently no skating going on and there is no timetable for it to return!!

That 1 of the 3A is leaving is no surprise, I really believed one of them was going to bolt sooner rather than later... but for me that it is Trusova is a bit of a surprise... just because I thought Kostornaia might be the one who would want better choreography after that disaster of a long from last season... and she's capable of much more than Daniil can deliver. BUT, given Trusova's troubles last year compared to the other two this doesn't surprise me either. I hope it works out for her because although her skating skills leave much to be desired, her tenacity and competitive drive really demand my attention. I just like her for HER, rather than for her skating.

But she really liked that FP.

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Saying it happens so that good athletes get tempted by lucrative prospects offered by other coaches, but their team bring up good athletes from scratch. They will never ever offer such prospects to anyone because they believe in fair play. #letsworkon. 

Eteri, what happened to lure Kanysheva away from Panova last season then? 

Well, at least she's true to form...

Really interesting, I'm not really surprised she left, I'm surprised she left for Plushenko... but it's true there's not too many choices for top athletes, especially if she is limited to Russia.

And Rozanov??? Zhilina sisters? Wow. Wonder what happened there.

I'm kinda tempted to go and read what extreme Tutberidze fans have to say about this, but my head was hurting the entire day, so maybe better not.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

wHERE?!

omg...isn't Dudakov the one who teaches all the jumps?

If that happens..... there won't be enough popcorn in the world.

Especially as Tutberidze is overseas, isn't she? - and even if she came home tomorrow, would need to go into quarantine  and not straight to her club to sort things out...