Team Russia

Several sports stars (footballers, young and brawny and not exactly endowed with common sense for the most part) have been outed by the media here for breaking actual rules - they'll be fined by both the police and their clubsm whether it goes further is anyone's guess.  We do tend to forget that our heroes, of any stripe, are not necessarily as bright as we'd like them to be.

In the end, Evgenia's done it, can't undo it, doesn't appear to regret it.  Whether or not she ends up suffering any loss of Japanese fans/income is in the hands of Japanese fans, and neither she nor anyone outside Japan will know until the world reopens... I'm going to leave it there now.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:07 AM, Fay said:

:facepalm:

Argh! :headslap:

Yeah, one step too far for me. Now she's gone and done it. Oy, Evgenia, come on!

edited to add: 

Did a bit more Googling on this. Apparently some Russian fan sites are saying someone figured out her hotel info and leaked it, among other things...and Russian tabloid press have picked up the story and presented it in the worst possible light...I have mixed emotions. I still don't agree with her actions but she does not deserve to be vilified and stalked. 

15 時間前, rockstaryuzuさんが言いました:

Did a bit more Googling on this. Apparently some Russian fan sites are saying someone figured out her hotel info and leaked it, among other things...and Russian tabloid press have picked up the story and presented it in the worst possible light...I have mixed emotions. I still don't agree with her actions but she does not deserve to be vilified and stalked. 

In the information I know, from the screenshots she posted about the online meeting with cricket members, the Hachinohe local noticed her whereabouts at the time. Hachinohe is not a big town, so rumors spread quickly.

I cannot agree with the person who has sent a message to the Russian Embassy about her behavior. What she does is annoying and irresponsible, but not as big as scandals that could destroy her career. 

Neither she nor her fans helped contain this situation. How far they like to go? 

People make mistakes and learn from them. I just hope she stays safe and goes back to Russia as soon as she can for both our and her safety.

It turned into a farce in Russia - both Piseev and Yagudin claim the Japanese people have nothing against Evgenia, it’s only one twitter hater who’s slandering her. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh yuck. 

Though not nice, I think the most important is for her to become aware of what she did and the consequences, and to take it positively too (I mean, I hope it will not affect her health), not what a particular former skater, known for his language, can say in Russian media.