Team Russia

I really don't think cultural barriers in this case should be an excuse for not showing compliance with requests to stay in one spot/restricting movement. In most countries, including Canada where she was before heading to Japan, there were requests/restrictions on movement and for people to stay home and only go out for necessities. Wrt the language barrier, there are also English versions of the Japanese news online so that was available to her/her team. And really,  just knowing about the virus and how it was spreading worldwide, one should not need to be told to stay put. So many countries worldwide were requesting this...it's a global pandemic! Restricting movement is just common sense... however, as we know, common sense isn't that common.

I understand the desire to find ice when few rinks are open, but other skaters are restricting movement and staying home/finding training alternatives, so it just looks bad. I hope she understands the reasons why she is receiving criticism and that it isn't because people just want to pick on her. YOu have to understand to learn and then move on.

well some post on twitter were really over the top and insulting(even if i'd definetly be upset if there was someone strolling happily along the empty streets of Rome for example the tone was way too much).

it seems to me she took the chance to go and stay in Japan because icerinks were still open and she could train and while i understand this need she put herself first and the rest after and during this pandemic where we all are pretty scared,confused and worried it's not a wise choice.

this of course if everything is like it's reported,it's just my impression but right now again it doesn't look good.

Well, from all this she could be advised to slow down her social media, and to read PlanetHanyu rather than her Twitter fans. She would anyway be very pleased by the appreciations about her, except in this case, but she would have been spared this situation had she followed this forum. ;-)

Her twitter fans are NOT helping - not content with dragging Yuzu, one of the most loved figures in Japan, they have now brought in Alina...

The whole thing was ill-judged, I can only hope whatever ice she found proves worth it.

21 minutes ago, airi said:

I literally have no words.

*whispers 'I don't know what to say' in Brian's voice'*

Speaking of Brian and his team, I can imagine them desperately trying to call her by all possible means and losing any spare hair... :O

Her PR are not their job but I am sure they are concerned and must be trying to help her.

19 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Speaking of Brian and his team, I can imagine them desperately trying to call her by all possible means and losing any spare hair... :O

Her PR are not their job but I am sure they are concerned and must be trying to help her.

Brian must be so frustrated right now since you can tell that he got attached to her (even if he denies it with all his skaters) in a short period of time.

I doubt Brian keep up with sns drama that fast, he didn't know ice show was cancelled. But if he want to have any clue, I hope he would ask japanese skater (Shingo maybe ?) to have a better picture. Idk, just don't hear from Med and her team only. 

This is such a series of tone deaf actions.. As long as most of her fans keep screaming all of this is a hate campaign against her, I doubt she would realize what's the core of problem. They're not helping her at all. The more they keep painting everyone as liar, downplaying the legit concern from Japanese fans, the more people would watch her action closely and try to find the evidence.It cost her nothing just to be quite. Such a mess

37 minutes ago, Katt said:

I doubt Brian keep up with sns drama that fast, he didn't know ice show was cancelled. But if he want to have any clue, I hope he would ask japanese skater (Shingo maybe ?) to have a better picture. Idk, just don't hear from Med and her team only. 

This is such a series of tone deaf actions.. As long as most of her fans keep screaming all of this is a hate campaign against her, I doubt she would realize what's the core of problem. They're not helping her at all. The more they keep painting everyone as liar, downplaying the legit concern from Japanese fans, the more people would watch her action and try to find the evidence.It cost her nothing just to be quite. Such a mess

I had understood Brian Orser had been interviewed before the announcement of the cancellation, tough the interview was aired after.

Such a mess, yes.