Team Russia

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

As far as I gathered, no one can force a lockdown in Japan, is that right? 

Apparently. My understanding is, it's actually something in their constitution, just like free speech is in the American one. 

That being said, Zhenya's actions look tone deaf at best, and I, personally, question her judgement. However, until I know what led her to this point, and why she made the choices she did, I will refrain from condemning her. I myself have life circumstances that have cornered me into bending the rules of  some of my local public health orders, although I would rather have not done so. Sometimes that's just what happens. 

But regardless of what brought her to Hachinohe, this particular video in the park was unnecessary. 

On 2020/4/30 at 午前4時50分, Fayさんが言いました:

As far as I gathered, no one can force a lockdown in Japan, is that right? 

Correct , so our government, including local governor, requests people about what to do and do not In every day basis. Nothing different from other countries. "Stay home" "Don't move. 

In our values, protecting the community  takes precedence over the individual, and many follow those requests even if there is no punishment.

1 minute ago, Kazu said:

Yes, so our government, including local governor, requests people about what to do and do not In every day basis. Nothing different from other countries. "Stay home" "Don't move. 

In our values, protecting the community  takes precedence over the individual, and many follow those requests even if there is no punishment.

This is where Russian are woefully different - people here don’t like obeying rules even when they are enforced. But common good isn’t very well respected. What I am saying doesn’t vindicate Medvedeva. She is clearly in the wrong and makes it worse by flaunting it. 

On 2020/4/30 at 午前5時18分, Fayさんが言いました:

This is where Russian are woefully different - people here don’t like obeying rules even when they are enforced. But common good isn’t very well respected. What I am saying doesn’t vindicate Medvedeva. She is clearly in the wrong and makes it worse by flaunting it. 

I understand that she has no education in our language or culture, so she shouldn't have come to Japan during the pandemic in the first place.

Since , unfortunately , she is already in Japan, I hope her to seek advice from Japanese people and local governments from now on. 

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Apparently. My understanding is, it's actually something in their constitution, just like free speech is in the American one. 

That being said, Zhenya's actions look tone deaf at best, and I, personally, question her judgement. However, until I know what led her to this point, and why she made the choices she did, I will refrain from condemning her. I myself have life circumstances that have cornered me into bending the rules of  some of my local public health orders, although I would rather have not done so. Sometimes that's just what happens. 

But regardless of what brought her to Hachinohe, this particular video in the park was unnecessary. 

Good point but I wish she would stay off social media for a while. She doesn't help the situation when she posts unnecessary pictures on her SNS and fights with people in the comment section, on the contrary, she adds fuel to the fire.

I don't think anything good will come out of her situation at this point. It's disappointing to say the least.

Flaunting your ability to act the tourist during a pandemic...and disregarding advice set by local government at this time... not impressive. I would be frowning upon anyone doing this, but even more so at a tourist who is a guest in the country, showing no respect. If it wasnt Med, I suspect less polite terms would be used. 

There's always some people don't follow rule everywhere but public figure always get more attention. Its just how it is works. I don't talk about the possibility of her training and such because there's no confirmation, but her respond is rude. Guess what ? Her fans who attack anyone who criticize her feel more encourage that she did nothing wrong.