Team Russia

I rewrote the comment as it may not fit the policy of this forum.

Today, someone tweeted that she/he had met Medvedeva at Hachinohe in Tohoku area.

She not only flew to Japan the day before our government closed its border but also travels in Japan? Unbelievable. Though, reported case for Covid19 is quite small in Tohoku, we Japanese all understand nobody should go because their medical resources are remarkably weak. Governor in Tohoku repeatedly ask us not come there, and we Japanese respect it. We even given up to return home on coming holidays to protect people living there.
Why Russian Medvedeva could move there casually for seeking rink time while Japanese skater such as Wakaba stay home? That's not a nice attitude at least.

I hope Russian Skating Federation brings its  skater back to home as soon as possible.

She lost respect from us. 

26 minutes ago, Kazu said:

Today, someone tweeted that she/he had met Medvedeva at Hachinohe in Tohoku area.

She not only flew to Japan the day before our government closed its border but also travels in Japan? Unbelievable. Though, reported case for Covid19 is quite small in Tohoku, we Japanese all understand nobody should go because their medical resources are remarkably weak. Governor in Tohoku repeatedly ask us not come there, and we Japanese respect it. We even given up to return home on coming holidays to protect people living there.
Why Russian Medvedeva could move there casually for seeking rink time while Japanese skater such as Wakaba stay home? That's not a nice attitude at least.

I hope Russian Skating Federation brings its  skater back to home as soon as possible.

Was it not one of the locations where Prism on Ice was supposed to have a show? I still have that hope...

53 minutes ago, Kazu said:

If this is true then... lost some respect indeed.

On 2020/4/28 at 午前1時14分, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

I think there was only one location, in Kanagawa

You are right. Kanagawa is next to Tokyo while Hachinohe is northern parts of Japan. 

For the information, there are only 10 beds for corona virus patients in the biggest hospital in Hachinohe and 9 of them are currently used. You can now understand why it’s governor tell people not coming there over and over, right? Even if there is a skating rink open for reservations, no one should move there right now. 

On 4/28/2020 at 2:33 AM, Kazu said:

You are right. Kanagawa is next to Tokyo while Hachinohe is northern parts of Japan. 

For the information, there are only 10 beds for corona virus patients in the biggest hospital in Hachinohe and 9 of them are currently used. You can now understand why it’s governor tell people not coming there over and over, right? Even there is skating rinks open for reservations, no one should move there right now. 

If it is true (and we don't know for sure, remember all the rumours Yuzu has had to deal with) then it's not 'hating; to say she is in the wrong here.

Medvedeva’s just posted a video in which she was dancing “ Sayuri” under the cherry blossoms. It's easy to see that there aren't many people in the park. This is because most people comply with government demands those are "stay home" and "do not move to prevent the spread of the virus." The Japanese gave up the opportunity to enjoy cherry blossoms this year, why does she do that?

I don't know how it looks from abroad, but we are seriously dealing with pandemics. In some flower parks near my house, they cut all the flowers to avoid people visiting there. It was very depressing but needed for some irresponsible people.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I want people to know that her behavior, regardless of what she does intentionally, is hurting us. Hope she return to her home country soon.

I searched on twitter and saw what happened, what TAT said on Russian media, and her latest Instagram post. I think she is probably somewhere in north Japan now. She is wearing a mask, the season of sakura has ended in other areas, and there should be more people under the trees if the footage was filmed in another year. I am disappointed, to put it mildly.

I know how Japan look regarding COVID-19. I've seen people saying Japan has been lax about it and living an abnormally normal life under this abnormal circumstance. Some of the responses toward it from our government and some fellow Japanese look crazy even to my eyes, however, our life isn't free of restrictions and difficulties even if we aren't completely locked down. Many people still go out to work but they aren't doing so because they aren't taking things seriously. They dread working and are stressed out. Those who stay home face their own fears and difficulties as well. After the government declared the nation-wide state of emergency, things have changed a bit and it became a bit easier for us to focus on protecting each other from the virus, but many of us are mentally strained in some ways.

Hachinohe, Aomori, where she allegedly is, may look less affected by COVID-19 compared to large cities in terms of numbers of patients, however, Japan is short of medical resources especially in the countryside since the government has been cutting down the medical budget, so healthcare system in a local city like Hachinohe can easily get overwhelmed by an emergence of a small cluster of patients, and this already happened in March when some locals came back from Spain. Most of the prefectures in Tohoku experienced similar situations in March and early April and have become very nervous about people visiting there or coming back from heavily affected areas. The local economy in Tohoku isn't so good especially after the quake, so young people often find jobs in other areas, and some of the people staying there relying heavily on tourism, and this is usually a holiday season, so people live there have reasons to invite people from outside, but these prefectures have declared that they would refuse visitors during the nation-wide state of emergency and request locals to refrain from inviting people from outside because otherwise, they will face unmanageable situations. They are also taking their own measures to ensure that. As far as I know, Aomori and Akita have been requesting people came from outside out of necessity to self-quarantine at home for about 14 days. Some may think that she is free to travel in Japan since she has done self-quarantine after arriving in Japan but taking this request into consideration, I am afraid she should still remain in whatever place she is staying. To some, it may be ridiculous to respect a rule when there would be no penalty for disobeying it, but many people respecting it to protect their loved ones, to save the community. To me, it looks like she is ridiculing such people's efforts while taking advantage of the situation created by them.

I hope she stays safe and goes home safely when she can, not for her but for our healthcare workers and other people who may have to take care of her and her team when they get sick, as they will need extra help to get over the language barrier, etc.

25 minutes ago, Paskud said:

And the rink was open. Until today.😅

And it's only closed until May 6th.

19 minutes ago, Kazu said:

I don't know how it looks from abroad, but we are seriously dealing with pandemics.

From abroad it looks disappointing to say the least. I'm furious even at citizens in my own country for driving a few hours to their own holiday homes in the countryside. As @sweetwater said, rural communities can get overwhelmed very quickly. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to see someone not only enjoying the cherry blossoms but posting it on social media when so many people have made sacrifices to keep everyone else safe. 

I simply view the dancing under the cherry blossoms with the caption "missing the ice" as damage control (I have this gut feeling that she has or had a lot of ice time). She and her team thought that that simple post will cover what the Japanese people discovered but as what @Kazu said

39 minutes ago, Kazu said:

It's easy to see that there aren't many people in the park. This is because most people comply with government demands those are "at home" and "do not move to prevent the spread of the virus."

:headslap:

In my country when we're in 3 weeks lockdown, all the public areas were closed, including parks, lots of people went to exercise on ...road and got criticism. Some people got fine for going out for unnessary reason. The mentality " since its not violate the rule, if XYZ can go outside and do this/that, why shouldn't I ?" is simply selfish and harmful. If any public figure go to my country right before we close the border for a show, then weeks later go to the park, do some choreo then post it on SNS, people will have 1000 essays about how dangerous and stupid it was and demand to kick her out right away. And my country has about 270+ case till now and our situation is much better than Japan (at least for now).