Team Russia

Upon request of the Kanagawa prefectural government, the Shin-Yokohama Skate Center (the venue of the ice show starring Zhenya) is going to shut down for a while starting today to ensure that people stay home. (Source) Tokyo government included ice rinks in the list of places and facilities that should be shut down during this state of emergency, and Kanagawa seems to be following them.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Upon request of the Kanagawa prefectural government, the Shin-Yokohama Skate Center (the venue of the ice show starring Zhenya) is going to shut down for a while starting today to ensure that people stay home. (Source) Tokyo government included ice rinks in the list of places and facilities that should be shut down during this state of emergency, and Kanagawa seems to be following them.

That just proves that she went there for nothing (not hard to predict though considering what is happening globally).

3 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

That just proves that she went there for nothing (not hard to predict though considering what is happening globally).

Allegedly Kodansha denied that they invited her. But this is "my friend called them and they said" kind of rumour so take it with a grain of salt. That said, considering circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. She even says in her explanation above that it was her decision. And even witout pandemy, for what she would came to Japan over 2 months before show?

She most likely is there for on ice training. Still not all rinks are closed. Considering that Japan (like any other affected country) have their own problems right now, traveling there for your own gain is really not nice, to not use stronger words.

16 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Allegedly Kodansha denied that they invited her. But this is "my friend called them and they said" kind of rumour so take it with a grain of salt. That said, considering circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. She even says in her explanation above that it was her decision. And even witout pandemy, for what she would came to Japan over 2 months before show?

She most likely is there for on ice training. Still not all rinks are closed. Considering that Japan (like any other affected country) have their own problems right now, traveling there for your own gain is really not nice, to not use stronger words.

That's why I'm disappointed with what she did. As a frontliner, we always emphasize the importance of social distancing and quarantine, lockdown in fact for this virus is highly contagious. It is treated as droplet transmission but can also be airborne based on some theories. And most glaringly, it has high mortality rate. I just want to ask a question for anyone there in Russia. How does the authorities there treat this whole situation? This is a pure and honest question because after reading that ET's team still trained after the ice rinks closed, Trusova's "vacation" in Egypt and now Zhenya's decision to travel to Japan even with all the dangers today, does the government lack in making its people realize the gravity of the situation or is it a cultural thing? This is a question out of curiosity and not to offend anyone here. I just want to know. 

3 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

That's why I'm disappointed with what she did. As a frontliner, we always emphasize the importance of social distancing and quarantine, lockdown in fact for this virus is highly contagious. It is treated as droplet transmission but can also be airborne based on some theories. And most glaringly, it has high mortality rate. I just want to ask a question for anyone there in Russia. How does the authorities there treat this whole situation? This is a pure and honest question because after reading that ET's team still trained after the ice rinks closed, Trusova's "vacation" in Egypt and now Zhenya's decision to travel to Japan even with all the dangers today, does the government lack in making its people realize the gravity of the situation or is it a cultural thing? This is a question out of curiosity and not to offend anyone here. I just want to know. 

There are quite a few deniers over here and people are skeptical. Many think it’s a ruse. Or just flu. 
Mind you, people started losing their friends and relatives, though. We’re in a sort of a lockdown, but it’s not strictly enforced, and quite a few people break it. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

There are quite a few deniers over here and people are skeptical. Many think it’s a ruse. Or just flu. 
Mind you, people started losing their friends and relatives, though. We’re in a sort of a lockdown, but it’s not strictly enforced, and quite a few people break it. 

I hope you, your friends and family stay safe there. Hope the numbers will drop and the virus be controlled.

12 часов назад, PapiandPooh422 сказал:

I just want to ask a question for anyone there in Russia. How does the authorities there treat this whole situation? This is a pure and honest question because after reading that ET's team still trained after the ice rinks closed, Trusova's "vacation" in Egypt and now Zhenya's decision to travel to Japan even with all the dangers today, does the government lack in making its people realize the gravity of the situation or is it a cultural thing? This is a question out of curiosity and not to offend anyone here. I just want to know. 

I'd say the authorities treat it like 50/50. In March those flying from abroad went to home quarantine for 2 weeks (the list of countries changed in the process), now there's kind of a lockdown for a second week. Parks, sports centers, schools etc. are closed, food shops, pharmacy, banks are open and you must go to the places near you live and keep distance. There's kind of holidays till end of April (declared by authorities), who can work from home (like me) still work, some are still going to work on transport if they must, so there's sure a lot less people on the streets. There are fines if you break the rules now, but it's hard to say how the situation is checked and how the rules are followed especially in such large city like Moscow. Country is locked for entry but there are still special planes for those who need to come home from abroad (authorities make a lists).

9 hours ago, Lunna said:

I'd say the authorities treat it like 50/50. In March those flying from abroad went to home quarantine for 2 weeks (the list of countries changed in the process), now there's kind of a lockdown for a second week. Parks, sports centers, schools etc. are closed, food shops, pharmacy, banks are open and you must go to the places near you live and keep distance. There's kind of holidays till end of April (declared by authorities), who can work from home (like me) still work, some are still going to work on transport if they must, so there's sure a lot less people on the streets. There are fines if you break the rules now, but it's hard to say how the situation is checked and how the rules are followed especially in such large city like Moscow. Country is locked for entry but there are still special planes for those who need to come home from abroad (authorities make a lists).

So, Evgenia Medvedeva could have come back to Russia, in spite of the border closure? I thought she couldn't.

I really hope we will have more complete explanations later about her travel.

16 часов назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

So, Evgenia Medvedeva could have come back to Russia, in spite of the border closure? I thought she couldn't.

I really hope we will have more complete explanations later about her travel.

She should send an application to the Russian embassy in the country she is in (or smth like that) for a special flight and wait for the information, smth like that.

I had not seen this interview of Alena Kostornaia's by her fans, ten days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hyb_UFcMQY

She seems to be still willing to be a neurosurgeon after all, but with a gap year. (French Olympic champion Alain Calmat did his med studies in parallel with his competitive skating career but he took more years; but these were other times. My parents were fans of his.) Maybe thanks to the lockdown, which allowed her to give more time to her schoolwork? She's living on the other end of Moscow, so she loses lots of hours in transportation in normal time to go skating and they have long days.

They don't have discussed about programs for next season yet (she cannot repeat her short, I suppose, and her long was quite fit to a 16-year-old, probably less so to a 17? Though she's still watching Twilight)

She seems mentally prepared for a traumatic resume in skating, and they won't have proper holiday this year.

She has grown : 1m53 now, and doesn't think she will be much taller because it is her mother's height. But now, she's less than 20cm less than Yuzuru Hanyu, so can I still hope seeing them skating a gala program together? She says she wouldn't do pairs by the way, that it is more difficult than single skating as she would have to adapt, but "of course" this mustn't include the "unthinkable" (except for a crazy ignorant fanyu like me) possibility of this being with Yuzuru Hanyu (who would then be the one who would have to adapt, but probably less so than with others, thanks to her beautiful glide and triple axel).

And (maybe am I going too far as she is a minor), though she was made up so I couldn't see precisely, it seemed to me her facial bones too had ended their growth, and her features acquired the perfection they were to get.