Team Russia

1 minute ago, Louitunes said:

In that case think she's being a bit daft to go.

I am afraid you’re right, but athletes are not necessarily most intelligent beings knowing the trends and forecasts anyway. She’s clearly stressed out about lack of ice time, so she is going where she’s hoping to get some ice. The fact she’s going to be quarantined in Japan now and the fact she might find herself in a similar lockdown once her quarantine is over escapes her. 
I feel genuinely sorry for skaters now. This must be hell to bear. 

You may be surprised with how much negative comments she received on the Japanese news websites. I am upset  with her decision, too. Coming to Japan in this circumstances is so irresponsible. No one believes her purpose coming to Japan is for preparing the ice show (which is scheduled in Jun!) but for seeking use of rink and earning money (TV show or something).

The number of Infected people are increasing every day and our government are asking people to stay home to protect elderly or weaker people. Also, the number of people from overseas bringing virus is reported everyday. We are worried about our medical resources are running out.That is the reason why Japan decided to close the border, same as other countries. Preparing the ice show is not necessary and can’t be a reason to go overseas right now. What will happen if she or her team are already infected?  If she or her team get infected in Japan?

10 hours ago, Kazu said:

You may be surprised with how much negative comments she received on the Japanese news websites. I am upset  with her decision, too. Coming to Japan in this circumstances is so irresponsible. No one believes her purpose coming to Japan is for preparing the ice show (which is scheduled in Jun!) but for seeking use of rink and earning money (TV show or something).

The number of Infected people are increasing every day and our government are asking people to stay home to protect elderly or weaker people. Also, the number of people from overseas bringing virus is reported everyday. We are worried about our medical resources are running out.That is the reason why Japan decided to close the border, same as other countries. Preparing the ice show is not necessary and can’t be a reason to go overseas right now. What will happen if she or her team are already infected?  If she or her team get infected in Japan?

Your post made me wonder. A non-EU traveller who wants to stay in France, must prove he/she is covered by a health insurance for the duration of the travel.

Is it the same for Japan?

Do you think any insurance would cover her as a Russian national or as a Canadian resident, for medical expenses during this travel? Unless she had contracted it much ahead, before the world took notice of the epidemics?

2 時間前, SitTwizzleさんが言いました:

Your post made me wonder. A non-EU traveller who wants to stay in France, must prove he/she is covered by a health insurance for the duration of the travel.

Is it the same for Japan?

Do you think any insurance would cover her as a Russian national or as a Canadian resident, for medical expenses during this travel? Unless she had contracted it much ahead, before the world took notice of the epidemics?

Here,  Covid-19 is a designated infectious disease which means no medical fee for the treatment for everyone who was diagnosed it in Japan. Because many foreigners come into Japan to seek medical attention and don’t leave, with considering a medical fee in North America is expensive as hell, some people even suspect she is the same as them.

She just came in bad times.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:37 AM, monchan said:

Eteri don't care about "long-term" in her strategy, her current skaters might only need to last for 1 or 2 more seasons before other Junior girls in their team take over the job. That is an endless process and how Russian ladies' skating has reigned for many years now. As long as Russia pours money on young skaters, that operation will keep running. :sipping:

Exactly. It's kind of like Trusova was Eteri's guinea pig for the her quad training technique and now she can put it to use on girls like Kamila who are coming through with the skating skills as well as the quads. How could they have had time to work on Sasha's skating skills when all her time is devoted to developing the technique to jump different quads as well as the technique to train them. Without all the time dedicated simply to pioneering there'd be room for working on skating skills. The poor girl is pretty much an instrument in Eteri's research. I imagine their eyes are on Kamila as the one to bring home the Olympic gold - they'll use the same technique they did with Trusova to get her all the quads but they won't have to waste so much time figuring out what doesn't work so there's more time to work on everything else. 

As for Zhenya, there might have been some stuff with insurance and venue policies, etc - she might have had to make it look like she was at least prepared to go to work with the show just for it to be covered or to not breach a contract or something. There might have been a lot of financial and legal pressure on her and the silver lining of being able to get ice time might have made the decision a little easier. I imagine there's a lot more to this than Zhenya just being silly and irresponsible. 

How can we so sure its contract when no one know the details ?  The ice show is in June and with clear storyline that a main cast couldn't make it/practice alone. Unless the organizer already change all foreign skaters to the local ones (without make it publicity) then call Evgenia to Japan to prepare 2 months before, which still pretty unusual imo. JSF even cancelled a local summer comp in August.  

I asked a japanese friend and she said most rinks close for public, only a few allow reservation, club, skating class. And the situation in Japan is not good, they could close it fully anytime. 

I can understand it when Jason, Jun or anyone who go back to their country since they couldn't practice, but other than that, travelling at this point is irresponsible imo. I just hope no one is affectted by this decision. 

14 hours ago, Katt said:

How can we so sure its contract when no one know the details ?  The ice show is in June and with clear storyline that a main cast couldn't make it/practice alone. Unless the organizer already change all foreign skaters to the local ones (without make it publicity) then call Evgenia to Japan to prepare 2 months before, which still pretty unusual imo. JSF even cancelled a local summer comp in August.  

I'm not sure at all but my guess is that there's a lot of things involved in running a show and that it was definitely insured. Insurance companies can be big jerks and all of them are scrambling at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if she was advised to show up - as far as I know it hasn't officially been cancelled and that would mean that for insurance to cover some of the losses she's going to need to show up to at least appear to be prepared to go to work. That's how it works with film and TV production and outdoor concerts - even if the weather is storming and awful, everyone needs to show up for work even if there's no way anything is getting done, so that stipulations of the insurance policy are met. 

1 hour ago, memae said:

I'm not sure at all but my guess is that there's a lot of things involved in running a show and that it was definitely insured. Insurance companies can be big jerks and all of them are scrambling at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if she was advised to show up - as far as I know it hasn't officially been cancelled and that would mean that for insurance to cover some of the losses she's going to need to show up to at least appear to be prepared to go to work. That's how it works with film and TV production and outdoor concerts - even if the weather is storming and awful, everyone needs to show up for work even if there's no way anything is getting done, so that stipulations of the insurance policy are met. 

I won't talk about insurance thing because I don't know about the term in this case. Let's try to imagine, assume Faoi already announced Yuzuru for their cast, and next week he fly to China in order to prepare for Shanghai show in late May. Does it make sense ? To call a skater to another country to prepare for a show alone 2 months in advance,  in the middle of pandemic seem close to crime to me. If that's the case, no one should work with these organizers ever again.