Team Russia

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Poor Misha. He is really cursed, isn't he? :cry:

Wish him a quick recovery.

The way they formulated the press release it could mean anything from him withdrawing from Finlandia Trophy (something we already have found out) to him missing the whole season. All it says that he will be missing non-specified competitions. 

34 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Looks like he will indeed skip the whole season ... oh dear ... :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

I’d say that’s the poster’s interpretation. The Fed announcement is just brilliantly vague. Believe me. But I’d advise getting ready for the season missed, honestly. 

His coach has made the whole picture a bit more clear. He’s got a recurrence of his sinusitis, has got a surgery at the end of October and can start training only a month after being operated on. So basically, he’s out until the end of the year. His coach says Russian Nationals at the earliest, but that’s highly unlikely. 

https://tass.ru/sport/6954088?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fyandex.ru%2Fnews

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

I’d say that’s the poster’s interpretation. The Fed announcement is just brilliantly vague. Believe me. But I’d advise getting ready for the season missed, honestly. 

Thank you. I really hope there's just them being vague and he will not have to stay put all season ...anyway, so unfortunate, poor Misha.

eta: wish him the best ...

On 9/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, Veveco said:

gorgeous:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

(the picture, on the contrary, looked....weird)

RE: Misha

I hope his surgery will go well and effectively improve his health:snonegai:

Looking at how last season he was constantly plagued by his sinusitis, I'm glad he's putting health first now. Hopefully things will be be better and he'll be able to come back stronger... but he will be missed:/

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

which russian guy will I root for now?

maybe I'll be contrarian and root for Samarin 

me, a Dima supporter --->  :swordfight:

:P

No, ok, seriously, I like Sasha's earnestness. And I hope he'll keep the entry into the solo 3A, that was cool. But in general I like Dima's style more. Though...he has...other flaws:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: (now I'm reminded that, without Misha, there will be one gorgeous lutzer less in GP:sad-smiley-046:who do I have to pray so the other good lutzers stay healthy and delight us with their beautiful Lz?:smiley-angelic001:)

It will be interesting to see how much Sasha and Dima will be pushed, I think Sasha has Rostelecom, right? And Tarasova loves him. How much does she love Dima? I have no idea.

It would be great if Misha could be already recovered and trained by RusNats, but very unlikely, so it's Sasha and Dima will probably be the russian main contenders for Euro title, now free for the taking (without the skater who has hoarded it for the past years). I expect scores to go crazy... or, more accurately, crazier

RE: Liza's SP

I hope she'll keep the original version, works so much better!

Honestly, I don't think it's a song that judges would have particular hard time understanding...

ETA: also, I don't see how training choreo for unrelated music can help learning said choreo... doesn't make much sense to me. What helps learning choreo (and adapt to rythm of the song) is practicing to that song, a lot. So to me Mishin's words make no sense.

Also, if "experts" really praised the mismatched program, says a lot about their competence...

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

me, a Dima supporter --->  :swordfight:

:P

No, ok, seriously, I like Sasha's earnestness. And I hope he'll keep the entry into the solo 3A, that was cool. But in general I like Dima's style more. Though...he has...other flaws:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: (now I'm reminded that, without Misha, there will be one gorgeous lutzer less in GP:sad-smiley-046:who do I have to pray so the other good lutzers stay healthy and delight us with their beautiful Lz?:smiley-angelic001:)

It will be interesting to see how much Sasha and Dima will be pushed, I think Sasha has Rostelecom, right? And Tarasova loves him. How much does she love Dima? I have no idea.

It would be great if Misha could be already recovered and trained by RusNats, but very unlikely, so it's Sasha and Dima will probably be the russian main contenders for Euro title, now free for the taking (without the skater who has hoarded it for the past years). I expect scores to go crazy... or, more accurately, crazier

haha, I just feel sorry for Samarin because it seems no one roots for him in the English speaking skating world, although I guess he does seem to have a lot of fed support. plus he does have some good qualities, even if he...has a lot of development to do on the PCS front. I mean, he jumps huge, gotta give him that.

8 hours ago, Fay said:

Mihkail Kolyada needs medical treatment and won’t be able to take part in competitions, according to the latest announcement by RusFed. 

https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4596-mikhailu-kolyade-predstoit-projti-kurs-lecheniya.html

I guess he’s out of GP series at the very least. 

ah no Misha ,what a pity:(

Wishing him a speed recovery!I'll miss him this season and of course his gorgeous 4Lutz