Team Russia

On 6/11/2019 at 8:31 PM, river said:

Voronov just keeps getting left off of things - how seriously are these categories taken? He qualified for the GPF last season but is still only on the reserve team?

He injured himself just before Worlds, though - or was it Russian Nationals? I can't remember, but considering his age & such, maybe his physical condition is a question mark right now? That's most plausible reason I can see for putting him on the reserve list. 

Personally I hope he comes back, I like Voronov, I admire his spunk for continuing to skate (and do 4 Lo!) when most would say he's too old. 

Seems like Buyanova kicked Gubanova out of CSKA

https://mobile.twitter.com/sywtwfs/status/1151509951698952192

Does that mean that she won't have a coach for the season? Because i've read last year when Panenkova left Team Tutberidze that she can't go to a coach who is not from Sambo. Because she left outside the mercato period.

Since Gubanova isn't just kicked out of Buyanova's team, but from entire CSKA, i assume she can't go to another coach from CSKA like she can't go to a coach from another club.

What a record for Buyanova. Tsurskaya retired, Sotskova left, She expelled Gubanova, no news of Radionova......

If she can go to another coach, i hope she goes to Mishin. That potential shouldn't be wasted. With more consistency she can score higher than Samodurova imo. As she can put on table harder layputs and has IMHO, better artistic skills.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:06 PM, Yume said:

Seems like Buyanova kicked Gubanova out of CSKA

https://mobile.twitter.com/sywtwfs/status/1151509951698952192

Does that mean that she won't have a coach for the season? Because i've read last year when Panenkova left Team Tutberidze that she can't go to a coach who is not from Sambo. Because she left outside the mercato period.

Since Gubanova isn't just kicked out of Buyanova's team, but from entire CSKA, i assume she can't go to another coach from CSKA like she can't go to a coach from another club.

What a record for Buyanova. Tsurskaya retired, Sotskova left, She expelled Gubanova, no news of Radionova......

If she can go to another coach, i hope she goes to Mishin. That potential shouldn't be wasted. With more consistency she can score higher than Samodurova imo. As she can put on table harder layputs and has IMHO, better artistic skills.

she's back to St Petersburg.

This is Nastya's side of the story

tbh I'm quite appalled at the way some coaching splits happen, with coaches trashing very young skaters and those young skaters replying to the drama very calmly and sounding way more grown-up than their former coaches... of course it's also in part because skaters don't have established rep and they need to be diplomatic even when they are deeply hurt or angry, but what the heck, aren't some coaches able to be slighlty less petty and mean?

Heck, if skaters don't get the expected result maybe it isn't only their fault, some degree of self-critique wouldn't hurt some coaches. If skaters get injured maybe give them a break and try to help them, instead of blaming them and pushing them to do things their body isn't ready for? or maybe try to manage their emotional health a little bit, too?

And it's not like Buianova has been doing such an admirable job in these last few seasons... Elena, Maria, Polina...ok, each of them also had their own issues and sometimes different priorities, but still...

sorry for the rant

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

she's back to St Petersburg.

This is Nastya's side of the story

tbh I'm quite appalled at the way some coaching splits happen, with coaches trashing very young skaters and those young skaters replying to the drama very calmly and sounding way more grown-up than their former coaches... of course it's also in part because skaters don't have established rep and they need to be diplomatic even when they are deeply hurt or angry, but what the heck, aren't some coaches able to be slighlty less petty and mean?

Heck, if skaters don't get the expected result maybe it isn't only their fault, some degree of self-critique wouldn't hurt some coaches. If skaters get injured maybe give them a break and try to help them, instead of blaming them and pushing them to do things their body isn't ready for? or maybe try to manage their emotional health a little bit, too?

And it's not like Buianova has been doing such an admirable job in these last few seasons... Elena, Maria, Polina...ok, each of them also had their own issues and sometimes different priorities, but still...

sorry for the rant

And the emphasis on weight for these girls, the pressure from their coaches. 

I do think that girls jumping quads and 3As is fantastic, but I also think that if coaches and ISU want the sport to evolve technically in that direction, they should also work on training and jumping techniques that can be executed by girls without the emphasis so solidly on being as light as possible. Maybe building muscle, jumping bigger and having the technique to control the axis of big jumps to add that last rotation. Like Caro's or Kaetlyn's technique adapted to quads. This current path to quads is not going to end well at all.