Team Russia

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh, ok. Or is that her idea of a technically powerful jump? Lol 

Well, I’d be more curious about her flip, because she used to slow down considerably before jumping one. 

All I can say is that she looks much stronger and healthier than she did, with a lot more muscle in her legs, and if she learns to use that properly and forgets the arm assist nonsense, she is going to soar, and I mean SOAR. But it all depends on how well she is able to take in what she is being taught now. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All I can say is that she looks much stronger and healthier than she did, with a lot more muscle in her legs, and if she learns to use that properly and forgets the arm assist nonsense, she is going to soar, and I mean SOAR. But it all depends on how well she is able to take in what she is being taught now. 

Oh, you’d seen her before, hadn’t you? When did you see her? 

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh, you’d seen her before, hadn’t you? When did you see her? 

ACI and Skate Canada International this past fall. But I was comparing to her Olympic performance/appearance. If you look at her now, she's just stronger-looking altogether.  

Misha news!

Key points:

• Both SP and FS will be choreographed by Olga Kluyshnichenko
  • FS is Chaplin. Still looking for SP music - wants it to be more fun, groovy music
  • Planning to do 4Lz.
  • Strategy for last season with regards to the new rules was to skate clean with less difficulty but that didn't turn out to well.
  • He started working with mental trainer, and would be joining a training camp in May then going to the beach [credit: juronom]

19 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Still looking for SP music - wants it to be more fun, groovy music

Frankly, he should have found a niche as an artist by this point, and it's troublesome that he doesn't even seem to know his own persona on the ice. I get the desire to perform to songs that you might like listening to, but that's not all there is to it.

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

Frankly, he should have found a niche as an artist by this point, and it's troublesome that he doesn't even seem to know his own persona on the ice. I get the desire to perform to songs that you might like listening to, but that's not all there is to it.

Agree! 

I feel like Misha feels “connected” to a variety of styles that don’t really match each other. He picked Carmen himself and apparently had wanted to skate to it for years, and Carmen is possibly one of the most “classic” music choices for a skater. This year he has announced a Chaplin program, which is lighter and more “cinematic” than operas or classical compositions, and wants a groovy and unknown song for his SP.

Imho he personally suits classical programs better, but I guess we will have to wait til next season to see what he can do.

New interview with Medvedeva

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2019/05/08/evgenia-medvedeva-on-stars-on-ice-debut-its-such-an-incredible-experience-for-me/

"Evgenia: My main goal is to land a quad salchow. I will learn it as soon as I recover from injury. Recovery is going well, I am jumping already, I feel almost no pain. I’m careful and not jumping a lot, but I recovered all my jumps and even loop combos."