Team Russia

10 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Fay asked us to drop it.

Not until we have some more substantial proof, folks. Please. Enough of skaters-leaving-Eteri-and-creating-scandal drama for just one season. 

What created the drama was that those inept admins in Eteri vk.com group started deleting questions about Alena and even apparently banning people who asked questions why she withdrew, even though the news had already been made public by RusFed. Later on the group did publish the news, so I hope for now the drama is over. 

22 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Fay asked us to drop it.

Then let me re-phrase it: what Russian coach could teach a girl a 3A or a quad other than Eteri and Mishin? Does Mishin even have any junior girls? What about coaches who teach guys? I 'm really quite interested why Eteri and Mishin seem to be the only technically successful coaches. Pogo, imo, was immensely talented but she was never even taught how to fall. Buyanova's students usually seem to stalll, like Sotskova. Chebotareva teaches Konstantinova, right? Not exactly setting the world on fire... 

Edit: Also, any info why Tarakanova wasn't sent to JW?

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Edit: Also, any info why Tarakanova wasn't sent to JW?

She was 7th in junior nats iirc.

For the rest of your post, well, yes, that's part of why I've stopped believing Eteri and her coaching deserve to have a black and white view. Mishin did have Samodurova as a junior up until last season.

Interested in seeing how that one junior girl who did the Russian snow fairy LP's coach ends up doing, because that skater had nice basics for her age, but not great jumps in terms of quality. (ETA: Kanysheva, and she's coached by Panova)

On 3/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, ralucutzagy said:

Good to know he's feeling well, but ick, a Chaplin program.  I hope he's not playing Chaplin - outside of varying degrees of execution levels, those all look pretty similar and have become rather tiresome.

Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze's was a masterpiece. I liked that Anton brought a level of tenderness to the portrayel. But even done at its very best, there are large chunks of the same old schtick. By the time Cappellini and Lanotte got to it, in spite of being a great program and them doing a great job, I couldn't enjoy it 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:40 AM, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Wow! I never noticed how beautiful she was before. I guess I was distracted since I don't like her skating

On 3/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, hoodie axel said:

Interested in seeing how that one junior girl who did the Russian snow fairy LP's coach ends up doing, because that skater had nice basics for her age, but not great jumps in terms of quality. (ETA: Kanysheva, and she's coached by Panova)

Erm, only a few days after I posted this, there are rumours that Kanysheva might be going to Eteri. Not sure if true yet, but would be interesting to see if she can build upon her basics. Kostornaia pretty much hasn't done this season.

27 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Evgenia unfollowed Liza on IG while Alina unfriended her on VK. It must be those uncomfortable memes Liza posted on IG. 

Drama. Drama everywhere.

I know she's hurt and that maybe it's done in pure entertainment and not out of spite but it's not the right time to do that now. The Twitter post about RusFed breaking her heart, I do understand. But this? :judgmental:It's just too much.