Team Russia

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Very, very recently. Not really. It just fits (this and a lot of FS things).

I think Konstantinova might be set up for failure at Universiade :/

Would be glorious to see her upset fed plans by delivering. I want to see how they would clean the mess.

Just now, Yume said:

Would be glorious to see her upset fed plans by delivering. I want to see how they would clean the mess.

Wouldn’t be the first time for her to deliver at random, honestly. And bomb badly next time she performs. 

Alexander Kogan, general director of the Russian Figure Skating Federation : “We can make changes to the starting lineup up to one hour before the team leaders meeting at the World Championships. That is, by convention, until March 18. Based on the people in the list of main (participants) and alternatives. ”

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-02-25-rossiya-mozhet-do-17-marta-izmenit-zayavku-na-chempionat-mira-po-figurnomu-kataniyu 

I literally have no words. 

2 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Alexander Kogan, general director of the Russian Figure Skating Federation : “We can make changes to the starting lineup up to one hour before the team leaders meeting at the World Championships. That is, by convention, until March 18. Based on the people in the list of main (participants) and alternatives. ”

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-02-25-rossiya-mozhet-do-17-marta-izmenit-zayavku-na-chempionat-mira-po-figurnomu-kataniyu 

I literally have no words. 

LOL they are really going to make everyone wait till the very last moment, aren't they?:knc_brian3:

I can't say I understand RusFed rn

To me things were much more unclear before the most recent competition. Or even before the FS of Russian final cup

(sorry for commenting here, I have missed the live-drama in the thread during russian cup, so putting this under spoiler, my point has probably been made several times already:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:)

Spoiler

If Evgenia had skated brilliantly and Liza had performed badly, the choice would have been really tough, but that's not what's happened.

Liza showed her condition is improving fast and she got the competition feeling back.

Zhenya wasn't perfect, so that single win, while I take it as a good sign of her reversing her trajectory, shouldn't be enough to choose her over Liza. Of course, on a personal level, I'm really happy that Zhenya did reasonably well, and I'm really really really happy that I could see her smile:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::10742289: And I'm relieved that she could tackle that SP and that she kept it (mostly) together in the FS. And ngl, I'd still be really, really, really happy for her if she is sent to WC, but I believe that thus far, and all things considered, this season Liza deserves it more.

I could see Stasya still being in contention for WC if she had done well...but she didn't do well at Euros and at last comp. A single better placement at Nats shouldn't be enough to send her to worlds, because at the moment that's basically the only edge she had over Evgenia, and if the choice needs to be between Stasya and Liza, considering overall season, experience and latest result, I'd go with Liza, no question. Of course there's still the chance Stasya willl do well at Universidade. Now, if she'll do well at Universidade, I can see the choice getting tough again, for the fed. But tbh...cinically, IMO Liza would still be a "safer bet" to conquer those spots, and for medals too.

Sofia deserves to go because of her consistency through the season, and she is the Euro champ. I'm actually glad she won Euros because otherwise she might have been dropped off the team despite her stability and her scores steadly raising (I know she still isn't in for sure, but I can't see how the fed could ever justify not sending her, and IMO it would be too dumb a strategy to leave at home the current most dependable skater they have)

Alina even with the mistakes in the last few comps has all her medals and scores to back up her claim and IMO (unless the wild speculations about injury are true, which I dearly hope not, she really has too much on her plate already) she should get a spot too. Again, cinically, what matters the most for the spots for next season is having skaters who can score high, and Alina with mistakes can still score quite high... Also, I think these weeks of quiet training are good for her. I was relieved she wasn't forced to compete in Russian cup final.

I wish Russian fed could cut the drama and decide soon, so skaters can focus on their training. While it's true one still trains with the "chance" of a WC in mind, my personal experience says that, when the deadline is sure and fixed, focus is much sharper:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

5 hours ago, liv said:

The drama... this could be a better documentary than we get at the Oscars.... more intrigue, back door deals, lobbying, maybe even money (just guessing, for drama ya know)

Edit: is it bad that I almost wish RusFed gets what it deserves after this?

Is it bad that I almost wish the same? But then I think about the skaters (all the skaters who next season would need to fight even harder if spots were only 2:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:) and...nope nope nope:59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s: it would be a real nightmare (like when Japan had only 2 spots:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: not that having yhose 3 spots makes things easy, but, at least, 3 deserving ladies get to go...)

Watching that 3-3-3 combo from Alina, I wonder if her team might decide to switch to 3Lz3T in the SP...the strategy paid really well for Anya, and I doubt the loss in BV would be too tragic for Alina, especially if it could mean less stress for her and higher chances to have the jumps fully rotated. GOE would probably obliterate any BV loss....