Team Russia

They’ve always submitted a list of main competitors and their substitutes, so there’s no need to represent this as some underhand activity. Last year Medvedeva was on the main roster, but she withdrew due to an injury, so Konstantinova took her spot. The real question is who’s on the main roster and who’s not. Zhenya is going to be in the list and is likely to train for the Worlds in case someone doesn’t make it even if she’s among substitutes. 

Come to think of it, Kazuki Tomono got to the Worlds due to Yuzu and Tahakito withdrawing too. 

Press secretary of RusFed: “Nothing is clear yet. There is a whole month before Worlds. They could submit an extended application. Anything might happen, e.g. people might get injured. It won’t be a list of exactly three people in each discipline”

58 minutes ago, Fay said:

They’ve always submitted a list of main competitors and their substitutes, so there’s no need to represent this as some underhand activity. Last year Medvedeva was on the main roster, but she withdrew due to an injury, so Konstantinova took her spot. The real question is who’s on the main roster and who’s not. Zhenya is going to be in the list and is likely to train for the Worlds in case someone doesn’t make it even if she’s among substitutes. 

Come to think of it, Kazuki Tomono got to the Worlds due to Yuzu and Tahakito withdrawing too. 

The way they expressed it is a bit vague, as 'extended application' would mean that they name six skaters without saying who are the main competitors and who're the subtitutes and they'll decide about it right before the competition.

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/ffkkr-o-sostave-sbornoy-rossii-zayavka-na-chm-mozhet-byt-otpravlena-v-rasshirennom-vide-a-dalshe-vozmozhno-chto-ugodno-1516415/

We'll find out soon I guess...the deadline is over.

38 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

The way they expressed it is a bit vague, as 'extended application' would mean that they name six skaters without saying who are the main competitors and who're the subtitutes and they'll decide about it right before the competition.

Must be the first ever fed to want to do that. I hope that ISU will reject that list and ask Rusfed to name clearly the contenders and alternates. At this point this is just a joke.

22 minutes ago, Yume said:

Must be the first ever fed to want to do that. I hope that ISU will reject that list and ask Rusfed to name clearly the contenders and alternates. At this point this is just a joke.

It's unusual but it is not against any rule so ISU wouldn't reject a list like that. Only the names and date birth of competitors must be included. 

Wow this seems pretty unfair to all the athletes involved. They probably all keep their training up no matter what of course but the stress! As if being elite figure skaters wasn't stressful enough!

38 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I just saw Mikhails FS at Tallinn - yikes.  I had such hopes that he’d turned a corner after that great SP at Euros but it looks like it was a one off....:smiley-sad030:

Well he seems to have got some of his nerves together for his SPs at least? Is that improvement?

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

Yes. They said they didn't have time to decide, so they submitted the same list :D 1. Konstantinova 2. Zagitova 3. Samodurova, substitutes Tuktamysheva and Medvedeva

I guess we're gonna just wait who shows up in Saitama, then? Hahahaha