Team Russia

The following skaters will take part in the Russian Cup Final 

MEN: Roman Savosin, Vladimir Samoylov, Konstantin Milyukov, Artem Lezheev, Anton Shulepov, Artem Kovalev, Artur Dmitriev, Makar Ignatov, Dmitry Aliev, Andrei Lazukin, Vladislav Katichev 

LADIES: Anastasia Gulyakova, Anna Tarusina, Anastasia Gubanova, Maria Talalaikina, Elizaveta Nugumanova, Victoria Vasilyeva, Serafima Sakhanovich, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Evgenia Medvedeva, Stanislava Konstantinova, Anastasia Gracheva, Alena Leonova 

The SP will take place this coming Thursday, on February 21, on February 22 they will skate their free program. 

Rather ironic Zhenya will be skating an internal competition on the anniversary of her Olympic skate... 

34 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Med is a safe pick for Rus Fed though. She can save three spots with just her PCS. She probably still has the highest PCS of the current ladies. 

Tuk is a safer bet IMO. Because despite her high PCS Medvedeva still got 60 and 125 as her lowest scores in GPs this season. While Tuk even with mistakes and lower PCS was around 70 and 130 as her lowest scores in GPs.

I just hope that these two more weeks will be enough for Tuk to get back her first part of season's shape. Because obviously being back on competition at Dragon trophy barely one month after getting out of hospital was not easy.

Well if Konstantinova is the cleanest and put two clinic performances on ice, i don't see why she souldn't get the spot...

But IMO,  there is no way Medvedeva won't get that spot if she doesn't make an obvious costly mistake. No matter how the other two will skate.

I really feel stressed for Liza because I want her make the team so much... I really hope DT was just a fluke, just like her first challenger in September that wasn't the best and she will be brilliant here. I don't want Zhenya to fail but come on, Liza deserves this! Why is this even in question still? How many chances Zhenya had this season? She should focus on next season - she WILL get better, I believe she can compete with Eteri girls when she has more time (and maybe can up tech a little...). I know all figure skating world loves her but even if she skates well at one competiton in Russia, giving her a spot over Liza? :(

Also Stanislava is always skating good at domestic comps so maybe she will somehow get it again :laughing:

I also hope Alina is finally ok, I don't think there's any talk of her not going, so...

Also maybe Dima can have a strong skates and fight for a spot...? That's even less likely than any scenario in ladies, but I can dream...

In any other country the team would have been settled now. Or there would have been only two clear finalists for that spot. Tukt and Konstantinova. I don't see other fed still giving a chance to someone who performes badly since the beginning of the season and consider to put her above someone who made a hell of a comeback, was consistent with a high technical arsenal, has a high potential scoring, and didn't have a disaster at her last comp despite being seriously ill a month ago.

Russian men have two or three spots? I want to see Kovtun at worlds. But if there is only two spots then i hope Kolyada will get the 2nd, since Samarin already has the first.

2 hours ago, Yume said:

In any other country the team would have been settled now. Or there would have been only two clear finalists for that spot. Tukt and Konstantinova. I don't see other fed still giving a chance to someone who performes badly since the beginning of the season and consider to put her above someone who made a hell of a comeback, was consistent with a high technical arsenal, has a high potential scoring, and didn't have a disaster at her last comp despite being seriously ill a month ago.

Russian men have two or three spots? I want to see Kovtun at worlds. But if there is only two spots then i hope Kolyada will get the 2nd, since Samarin already has the first.

Three spots for men. Samarin’s in, all the others are open options so far...