Team Russia

Ahh, I still did have hopes for Orange Colored Sky, it was a nice program and I liked the music. But if she didn't feel alright with it, then that's fair. And I hope she can work well with Misha, since they get along in general. :snonegai:

To be honest I would rather see her FS replaced than the SP, but I guess replacing a FS mid-season would be a bigger deal, and maybe she feels there's still potential in it. Either way, keeping my fingers crossed the change works for her. :fingerscrossed: (while still being somewhat anxious about all this)

27 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I’m curious to hear what her coaching team thinks.

Also is TSL now the premiere news source LOL.  Was this announced in any other international news sources?

I haven't read the news in international media yet but I saw some Russian articles already (nothing new, they just quoted TSL too).

And I'm not sure why TSL announces news like this. 

11 hours ago, Rainna said:

Ahh, I still did have hopes for Orange Colored Sky, it was a nice program and I liked the music. But if she didn't feel alright with it, then that's fair. And I hope she can work well with Misha, since they get along in general. :snonegai:

To be honest I would rather see her FS replaced than the SP, but I guess replacing a FS mid-season would be a bigger deal, and maybe she feels there's still potential in it. Either way, keeping my fingers crossed the change works for her. :fingerscrossed: (while still being somewhat anxious about all this)

I like her FS now...didn't really like it at ACI...but I think she's figured it out finally and can give a good performance with it. I also liked the ACI version of OCS...but I feel like it would have been better to go a different direction with it than the flapper character they were trying. In my opinion, OCS is an innocent and happy piece of piece music and they could have taken it in that direction, but maybe Dave Wilson was a bit blinded by Zhenya's resemblance to Catherine Zeta-Jones as Roxy Hart in Chicago and couldn't see the other possibilities.

Guest turquoiseblue

Some interviews translated by FS Gossips:

Alexandra Trusova: The next quad will be flip

I will do everything possible to keep quadruple jumps in the growing up period. I would like to keep them. In men’s skating, I like the way Nathan Chen jumps quads. The season ends, and I will learn new quadruple jumps. Flip and loop are left.

Personally, I thought that I would get a triple axel first, but it did not work for a long time. Quads turned out better, so we started to try them. Salchow and toe loop are similar in technique, only the leg is a little different. Lutz and flip are very similar, so, probably, the next one will be flip. At the same time, you can’t jump quads in the short program, so I also really need a triple axel.

Stanislava Konstantinova: I don’t consider myself aged figure skater

You have quite interesting sports destiny, not many girls now begin their senior career at 18 years old …

– The most important thing is how you feel. I don’t consider myself aged figure skater. I did when I was about 15 years old when I skated with 13-year-old girls at competitions inside the country. And it was rather my mistake. Now I tell myself that I’m no worse than younger competitors and I can also perform consistently, achieving good results. It’s important not to look at anyone and go your own path.

There is an opinion, though more in terms of working with Mikhail Kolyada, that your coach, Valentina Chebotareva, is a gentle person. Is this really true?

– I cannot speak for Misha, because each of us has his own approach. But with me she was always tough and demanding. She carefully monitors my weight, discipline and controls everything. So no indulgence. Besides, if a coach always keeps his emotions under control at competitions it’s certainly not an indicator of his rigidity or softness.

So she can easily send you to be weighed?

– Of course. As well as say: “Stasya, what’s the point of going on the ice? Go running instead, there will be no sense from training anyway.” Although this year I found the right approach and attitude to keep and control my weight. Last season it was much harder. But I realized that Valentina Mikhailovna was right and I wouldn’t skate well if I didn’t control how much I weigh.

What is the most difficult thing about it?

– I always eat right, limit myself in sweet and wheat, run every evening for 40 minutes. And that’s enough. Though to be honest, it’s hard. Because I love to eat, I love sweets. True, at the age of 14 I could eat everything and be fit. The first time when I realized that I couldn’t do without some restrictions happened at the age of 16. It was like a bolt from the blue when I heard: “Stasya, you need to lose weight, you can’t jump!”. It was a bit of a knock, for a long time I couldn’t accept the fact that I would have to rebuild myself and my lifestyle completely. Not like today I won’t eat all day and then I will eat two chocolates. Just last year, I realized that it’s impossible to work hard and to starve at the same time, because I won’t last long like that and there will always be fluctuations: two steps forward, three steps back.

Sofia Samodurova: I’m happy for myself, but I feel sorry for Liza

The judges don’t score your PCS high. How do you intend to work on this?

– Just make run-throughs of the programs, polish them. When you perform a jump, you may be focused only on this. When you do some element, you think only about it. But you have to learn and show emotions at the beginning of the program. This is professionalism. I think about having to smile during my performance.