Team Russia

Those pictures come from this interview

http://www.marieclaire.ru/stil-zjizny/evgeniya-medvedeva-interview-2017/

She considers herself no longer a child, but not yet an adult - she's as responsible as an adult, but yet her reactions are sometimes those of a kid (heh, Zhenya, it never goes, btw). Her training session starts at 10 a.m. and finishes at 7 p.m. - the onle free day is Monday when she studies. She's having her final school exams now. She did play usual children's games - in he sports' school, Sambo-70. She has loads of soft toys in her room as well as her first pair  of Edea skates she competed in.

She loves competing and performing and she goes into her own shell before and during her competitive skates. She doesn't panic.

Her mother got her into FS because she was weak and because the mum had been a skater herself. She's been with Tutberidze for 10 years now and they're seem to be equals. Her nickname among the Japanese is Medo-chan.

She's planning to stay for at least two Olympic cycles.

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

Thank you Fay! :thankyou:

Ah this is wonderful to hear! I've been crossing my fingers because I think it's important to have a champion that stays. We've had too many come and go faces, but if she sticks around, even if not always on top in the future but close, it can only be good for the sport. Fingers crossed, may fortune favor her and go easy on her health so that she may stay around as long as she likes.

39 minutes ago, Fay said:

http://www.marieclaire.ru/stil-zjizny/evgeniya-medvedeva-interview-2017/

She considers herself no longer a child, but not yet an adult - she's as responsible as an adult, but yet her reactions are sometimes those of a kid (heh, Zhenya, it never goes, btw). Her training session starts at 10 a.m. and finishes at 7 p.m. - the onle free day is Monday when she studies. She's having her final school exams now. She did play usual children's games - in he sports' school, Sambo-70. She has loads of soft toys in her room as well as her first pair  of Edea skates she competed in.

She loves competing and performing and she goes into her own shell before and during her competitive skates. She doesn't panic.

Her mother got her into FS because she was weak and because the mum had been a skater herself. She's been with Tutberidze for 10 years now and they're seem to be equals. Her nickname among the Japanese is Medo-chan.

Thank you for the translation! :thankyou: I always love her interviews. She has noticeably matured in both mind and body but she remains the sweet silly girl that I came to adore. :smiley-love017:  I think it's adorable that she kept the first pair of skates she competed in, she truly loves this sport.

If you don't mind me asking, what did she mean by "weak"? Was she a sickly child?

1 minute ago, astudyofmemory said:

Thank you for the translation! :thankyou: I always love her interviews. She has noticeably matured in both mind and body but she remains the sweet silly girl that I came to adore. :smiley-love017:  I think it's adorable that she kept the first pair of skates she competed in, she truly loves this sport.

If you don't mind me asking, what did she mean by "weak"? Was she a sickly child?

Yes. That's the way most children get into sports, it seems - their parents want to help them to overcome some disease. here are some exceptions, of course.

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I think Zhenya had some back troubles? I think I remember that from one of those documentaries but hazy memory. 

not that I heard of.

12 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Thank you Fay! :thankyou:

Ah this is wonderful to hear! I've been crossing my fingers because I think it's important to have a champion that stays. We've had too many come and go faces, but if she sticks around, even if not always on top in the future but close, it can only be good for the sport. Fingers crossed, may fortune favor her and go easy on her health so that she may stay around as long as she likes.

I'm not surprised. After all Yuzuru is her role model and he stays on top for longer than anyone predicted. I also remember her saying that she tries treating OG as any other competition and it helps her to deal with pressure.

9 hours ago, Fay said:

I'm just here to say how much I'll miss this if I never see it again...

True!!! But let's keep our hopes at least until this September. Somehow I still believe that she can make it to Rostelecom this year if only she can show clean skate in Sochi 

Ah Dima is so cute! :smiley-love017: I'm crossing my fingers for his Senior debut, I know he can do it. Honestly Mika + Dima the OG sounds divine to me!

4 hours ago, Hannah said:

I'm not surprised. After all Yuzuru is her role model and he stays on top for longer than anyone predicted. I also remember her saying that she tries treating OG as any other competition and it helps her to deal with pressure.

That's Eteri's philosophy too, I think she mentioned that in one of those recent long interviews and it is the best way IMO to approach things. It won't eliminate the problem entirely, as the athletes are aware of the outside context too of course, but it should help. Zhenya is right to try and get into that mindset as much as possible.
True about Yuzu but also Zhenya enjoys the competitions themselves so I'm not surprised either. Does make me happy though!

33 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Ah Dima is so cute! :smiley-love017: I'm crossing my fingers for his Senior debut, I know he can do it. Honestly Mika + Dima the OG sounds divine to me!

That's Eteri's philosophy too, I think she mentioned that in one of those recent long interviews and it is the best way IMO to approach things. It won't eliminate the problem entirely, as the athletes are aware of the outside context too of course, but it should help. Zhenya is right to try and get into that mindset as much as possible.
True about Yuzu but also Zhenya enjoys the competitions themselves so I'm not surprised either. Does make me happy though!

Mika is a lock IMO but Dima must seriously work his way into the Russia Oly Team! Hope he does! He's special!!:snpeace:And here is an Yuzu for the beautiful words he said about real Yuzu!!!

Copying this over from FSU @Ka3sha

RusFed approved the list of candidates for the national team (main and reserve)
http://www.minsport.gov.ru/2017/doc/FigurKatanie_sp2017-18.pdf

Ladies
Main: Zagitova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sotskova
Reserve: Konstantinova, Leonova, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Tsurskaya

Men
Main: Aliev, Kolyada, Kovtun, Petrov, Samarin
Reserve: Voronov, Dmitriev, Lazukin

Pairs
Main: Astakhova/Rogonov, Zabiyako/Enbert, Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov
Reserve: Boikova/Kozlovsky, Volosozhar/Trankov, Efimova/Korovin, Kavaguti/Smirnov

Ice Dance
Main: Bobrova/Soloviev, Evdokimova/Bazin, Zahorski/Guerreiro, Loboda/Drozd, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin
Reserve: Davankova/Shibnev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Popova/Mozgov

Why is Petrov on the main list while Sergei's on reserve? Off memory, his international results were not all that great and was actually behind Sergei's, no? 

K/S and I/Z makes me :smiley-sad058: