Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

Tatiana Tarasova: Zagitova Proved That She Is Superior To Everyone

Tatiana Tarasova: First, she is Olympic champion. It’s very pleasant and amazingly great that at the first competitions she shows the highest level of elements. I’d give her the best points for her first combination lutz-loop. The judges gave her “+3” – “+4” … Sometimes I don’t understand them. There were no underrotations and it’s strange to me that this combination didn’t get “+5”. This was her best execution of this element, and no one in the world does it better. I can say that for sure.

At the triple flip she lost balance a bit, but it’s nothing. After double axel she also lost some balance, but she coped. She is in very good physical shape. Thin, very light, had a great workout. All spins are “+4”, “+5” – no questions. Level 4 step sequence, if to improve it then just a little.

At the first competitions, she proves that she is superior to everyone, that she is an Olympic champion. But she has small components scores. The elements look very serious, but the components, although the judges give her level four for the step sequence, it doesn’t look so convincingly. She got 8-8.5 for transitions. For her it is not enough.

23 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

"I’d give her the best points for her first combination lutz-loop. The judges gave her “+3” – “+4” … Sometimes I don’t understand them. There were no underrotations and it’s strange to me that this combination didn’t get “+5”.

Oh man... I don't know... That loop is visibly UR, even in real time.

I really like his skating (despite the pantomime)! Daniil Samsonov, SP in the Cup of Russia (not to be confused with the grand prix; Cup of Russia is an internal tournament, the selection for the national championship). We saw Daniil last year during Rostelecom ex (little rocker in red t-shirt). He is from Eteri's group . He is 13, if I'm not mistaken.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, Mastyaeva said:

I really like his skating (despite the pantomime)! Daniil Samsonov, SP in the Cup of Russia (not to be confused with the grand prix; Cup of Russia is an internal tournament, the selection for the national championship). We saw Daniil last year during Rostelecom ex (little rocker in red t-shirt). He is from Eteri's group . He is 13, if I'm not mistaken.

he's really good, I remember he skated with so much charisma at COR gala:clapping-smiley: tho I wish some or the TR they gave him in this program had more to do with the mood of the music and less with showing variety and difficulty:13877886: (like that microsecond-long lunge into spin). Tho imo he looks a bit less in his element with this kind of music...but he's so promising! (will Eteri finally give FS the ultimate ConsistentBoy? tho to be fair most of the new russian boys we're seeing in JGP are already more consistent...well, without quads and sometimes without 3A, but still...)

sorry for asking, but anything about Andrey Kutovoy? I saw a video from last season and I kinda adopted him:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: I don't even remember how old is he, I think he was too young to be junior eligible this season...

50 минут назад, LadyLou сказал:

anything about Andrey Kutovoy? I saw a video from last season and I kinda adopted him:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: I don't even remember how old is he, I think he was too young to be junior eligible this season...

I think Andrei is doing well. He was third in the first stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran in September. He was born in 2005, but I’m not sure when his birthday is, so I can’t tell how old he is now. He is charming and really into his music.

Random fall in the short program. :13877886:

thank you @Mastyaeva:10742289:

it took me a while to realize the jump in the SP combo was supposed to be  Lz :facepalm: and of course unclear edge on F...I can't escape from that:headdesk:

I like him a lot, fingers crossed for him to take part into next season JGP:fingerscrossed:

On 10/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, Mastyaeva said:

Random fall in the short program. :13877886:

adding another problematic fave to my list  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::laughing::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

I still haven't congratulated Anna for those two 4Lz whoa...amazing:bow::bow: it looks like these young ladies need to add even more insane difficulty to do well :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

the race for JGPF gold is open...

In the meanwhile, I'm gonna keep reasonable expectations for Nastya T instead... I hope she'll get new PB in the final! Of course she can surprise me with something more:67638860: