Team Russia

49 minutes ago, LucyH said:

Thank god that snippet that she showed was this costume and not the actual dress from her SP or FP! Bullet dodged! 

I actually thought from the beginning that it won't be her costume for this season. Her programs are Orange Colored Sky and Libertango and I don't think black and gray would represent that appropriately. 

3 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

while "practice and pray" doesn't sound a very sound strategy, there is a percentage of risk you can't take away... for example, for all Yuzuru talked about avoiding injuries and being healthy, he also stated injuries could happen...that risk is part of skating, and part of athletes challenging themselves...and indeed he injured himself (even before NHK, with the knee pain and other things we knew later).

I just hope and pray that Eteri is really trying to minimize the risks and isn't just leaving everything in the hands of fate (because chronic injuries can actually be reduced with good practice, and skating in optimal physical and mental condition also reduces the chances of acute injury)

I have to say, tho, Sasha is truly amazing. Fearless. Hungry. I want to see her keep competing for many years, because her drive and ambition is certainly inspiring.

"Then I would jump quints"

She reminds me of a certain someone :9:

I wonder if, 8 years from now, we'll be reading all these discussions about quads and ladies and eyeroll at our unnecessary worrying... or maybe the fears will have been proved right... All depends on how the next few years will go...and it will tell us who was right. History is always written by the winner. If Sasha will have a successful senior career, these years will be remembered as the birth of a legend (tho in a way she's already in the figure sakting history, as the first lady to land 4T, and a quad combo and so on. But that's different from being a legend IMO)

16 hours ago, kaeryth said:

she's s pure :sadPooh: give her hugs!:10742288:

so what she wants from this season is calm... she must be feeling so much pressure:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

(tbh I kinda had a :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: moment from that Sasha segment where they mention Alina's need for support and Eteri says Sasha is strong. Sure she is, but...idk, maybe I'm reading too much, thinking that at least one of her current ladies will be cast aside next season:13877886:)

btw re:

On 9/16/2018 at 9:05 PM, turquoiseblue said:

someone added eng sub to the video of the interview :68271262:

:thanks: subber