Team Russia

16 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Brian looks like he lost weight/?? XD

:sipping:

Gall bladder surgery - you’re supposed to avoid fatty foods afterwards or you get terrible indigestion judging by the members of my family who’ve had it - one sensible and one dedicated lover of pork belly :sigh:

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Gall bladder surgery - you’re supposed to avoid fatty foods afterwards or you get terrible indigestion judging by the members of my family who’ve had it - one sensible and one dedicated lover of pork belly :sigh:

Yes my cousin lost 50 lbs since her gall bladder surgery. She has 5 kids one that is 9 months old but doesn’t look like it. 

Guest turquoiseblue
8 minutes ago, Rainna said:

New costume? Looks promising :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Also, dark and sparkly... Yuzuru, take note please and give us some glittery black as well :laughing:

That looks beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I love the colours :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

This is a great interview and Misha sounds very grounded and intelligent. He received soooo much criticism after his skate (i.e. people saying he let his country down, which must be emotionally devastating, how do you even get over that?) that no skater deserves. It's not like they go out to fail on purpose. 

I found this quote interesting:

For me, those experiences were a tremendous shock. Before coming to Pyeongchang, I thought that I understand approximately what Olympic games are, but I wasn’t even close to what they really are. How much the responsibility for the result presses on the athlete. I realized that the most important thing at the Games was to learn how not to get under such pressure.

Time and time again we see this -- sometimes first time Olympians rise to the occasion but more often than not they feel the pressure. Experience cannot be overstated at the Olympics!

5 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

while I'm sad S/K are no more, I'm even sadder to learn how Ksenia was feeling...but if Fedor lacked the competitve fire, it couldn't work. I wish her all the best with her new partner, hoping they can make it work... and I'm curious to see if the dynamics will somewhat change...I don't know the guy, no idea if he's just going to replace Fedor or they will built a different image of the pair...

7 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

ok, the acutal interview is better than what the caption lets on...still, I wish TAT could refrain from comments on fire... poor Alina, of course now she isn't the challenger, she's the one 'defending' the crown... that's an entirely different mindset...she's probably still trying to see how to cope with her role (tho yeah, programs don't look good, but that's mainly on the choreographer)

A bit :slinkaway: at TAT mentioning Elena's weight

the ending sentence

But speaking in general, everyone needs to work further. I wish everyone good health and live up to juniors!

well...absolutely no pressure, ladies! :dpooh:

I guess I'll take that as an encouragment to skaters to work hard...