Team Russia

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Hairgum is your best friend, apparently... :) but I hate to think how much time it should consume. 

I sorta envy her - my hair is boringly straight...

She probably cheats a bit as she braids her hair often, but who can blame her, with her length it must take a while!
And yes, me too. Mine is not only straight but almost impossible to curl which makes it perpetually boringly straight. 

@Sombreuil maybe this is why she braids it? Hairspray and braids and maybe it's easier to control. 

Probably - I believe Laura Trott and most of the GB cyclists with long hair use braids to cram it under the helmets- and it looks a lot better than a hot sweaty mess tumbling out after a race!

Guest turquoiseblue

Stolbova And Klimov End Of Partnership

Fedor Klimov: The pair Stolbova / Klimov doesn’t exist any longer, it was our mutual decision. I’m grateful to Ksenia for the joint sports career, for the years that we spent together on the ice. I think that we have achieved a lot. But we decided to stop preparation, and this decision is final.

Last time I spoke with Ksenia in the spring, we thought to finish our career last season, but the season turned out to be incomplete. There was a feeling of understatement, so there were doubts about the career.

Nina Mozer: I had a great time working with this couple. As a coach I was very pleased, we had enough medals, victories over ourselves, over circumstances. For me this period didn’t end today. But the athletes themselves had to make a decision for themselves. I haven’t seen Stolbova since February, Fedia I see regularly.

Tatiana Tarasova: We can’t lose such an outstanding sportswoman and great pair skater who can surpass everyone at the next Olympics. I think that if the federation can’t influence Klimov’s decision, it should take care of its honored masters of sports, champions and silver medalists of the Olympic Games, who have achieved an outstanding result and have glorified our homeland more than once, and to offer Ksenia a new way, to take care and find or help her to find a partner.

If you forget, neglect and don’t pay attention to it – it looks catastrophic. So, we can “lure” people, and then throw them to the sidelines, simply not caring about the country or the results. I think that our federation, our Ministry of Sport, and I appeal to them, shouldn’t leave this outstanding athlete without attention. There are few such athletes as Stolbova in the world. And it’s a great happiness that we have such an athlete in our country. If we don’t help her, then of course she will go to another country.

I know for sure that that Ksenia didn’t make any decisions, that she healed her leg and she is in great shape. In Germany there is such Aliona Savchenko. Here we have Ksenia as an outstanding sportswoman! The same fanatical and the same talented! If someone doesn’t understand this or pretends that he does not understand, I feel very sorry for them.