Team Russia

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

It's a little odd that so many girls from that group say Yuzu is their idol or favourite or whatever, but look at how long he works on each single quad to get the technique as good as he can get it before he lets anybody see it even in open practice or gala goofing off. There is a reason why it took years for him to give us the 4Lo and the 4Lz. He did rush with the 4S because he needed the BV to stand a shot. Sasha does not need to cram the 4Lz in there to have a shot, she can work on it, get the technique as good as she can, fix the PR, and then put it in her programme. Her 4T is the only quad that looks like it might have all the rotations.

I admire her strength and her drive and her spirit and how fiercely competitive she is and how much she loves to jump and how she does have this marvelous ability to jump. I do not admire the adults around her for taking all of those excellent qualities and shaping them by teaching her the best technique, telling her she must get it right because she can put it in the programme. And control her training sessions so she doesn't batter her body, I hope they do that already.

Sasha does look like a natural jumper, but she looks whippet thin and agile right now. I really hope the next couple of years will be kind to her. And that her technique is solid enough that she can compensate for the slowing down of those rotations by becoming stronger and getting bigger jumps. 

We just have to wait to see but based on past history of that group, I'm not too optimistic 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

He did rush with the 4S because he needed the BV to stand a shot.

Not to be a fanyu (lol) but his success rate in practice for the 4S was actually high. You can also see in fancams that he was nailing them during official practices. I think he just had a mental block during competitions.

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Not to be a fanyu (lol) but his success rate in practice for the 4S was actually high. You can also see in fancams that he was nailing them during official practices. I think he just had a mental block during competitions.

Yeah, I remember Brian (or was it Tracy?) actually said that his 4S was more stable than his 4T in practice at the time.

Kostonaia's LP cut is actually ok if not the voiceover (twice !!!!) and the Nino Rota part at the end. Her skating is lovely as usual, she deserve better. 

I'm quite like Shcherbakova's SP. 

5 hours ago, getsurenka said:

The cuts are just :slinkaway:. And the choreography doesn't seem to compliment the music. Her skating is too lovely for them to do such a disservice. 

There isn't a program here. Much like all the other girls there, really. Not exactly sure how someone can choreograph programs with no concept, such as Gleikhenghauz did for her.