Team Russia

I am torn about this. On the one hand - I am awed and amazed and on the other I am not comfortable of where we seem to be taking FS. Do I want the next quad to be full of 15-16 year olds jumping quads and have programs of very little artistic value? No I do not! Also how many bloody times is she jumping them in practice. I feel sorry for her hips and her body in general. Like why does she even need 3 quads? Just baffles the mind that she is doing this - not in a good way 

I will be amazed if she can keep it through growth spurt, tbh. And well, I'm excited to see a progress in sport, but on the other side I don't want to see these girls killing themselves... and possibly artistic side of fs  And why exactly is she doing 3 quads? But well, she definitely is amazing.

34 minutes ago, LucyH said:

I am torn about this. On the one hand - I am awed and amazed and on the other I am not comfortable of where we seem to be taking FS. Do I want the next quad to be full of 15-16 year olds jumping quads and have programs very artistic value? No I am not! Also how many bloody times is she jumping them in practice. I feel sorry for her hips and her body in general. Ike why does she even need 3 quads. Just baffles the mind that she is doing this - not in a good way 

That's pretty much how I felt watching her program as well - I do want to see the ladies tackle quads but the rate at which she's going scares me.

not to mention the nonexistent program between the jumps :/

58 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

That's pretty much how I felt watching her program as well - I do want to see the ladies tackle quads but the rate at which she's going scares me.

not to mention the nonexistent program between the jumps :/

She is only 14, do we really ask for programs with 3 quads and lots of transitions between them? we should give her some time. what she's doing is not just amazing, it's revolutionary.

2 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

She is only 14, do we really ask for programs with 3 quads and lots of transitions between them? we should give her some time. what she's doing is not just amazing, it's revolutionary.

We’re not asking for 3 quads with lots of transitions between them because we’re not asking for 3 quads in the first place :shrug:

And it is amazing but that doesn’t make it any less concerning

4 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

We’re not asking for 3 quads with lots of transitions between them because we’re not asking for 3 quads in the first place :shrug:

And it is amazing but that doesn’t make it any less concerning

What's the problem if she can do those 3 quads. I love progress.

1 minute ago, cucciolo888 said:

What's the problem if she can do those 3 quads. I love progress.

The problem is that this is very likey wrecking havoc on her body and also that figure skating isn’t just jumps jumps jumps and a program that only consists of jumps no matter how impressive will always be lacking in my eyes 

I admire her determination and of course her ability and I was actually cheering for her to challenge quads and drive the ladies field forward in that way, I just think it’s too much too quickly that’s all

4 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

The problem is that this is very likey wrecking havoc on her body and also that figure skating isn’t just jumps jumps jumps and a program that only consists of jumps no matter how impressive will always be lacking in my eyes 

I admire her determination and of course her ability and I was actually cheering for her to challenge quads and drive the ladies field forward in that way, I just think it’s too much too quickly that’s all

I agree, I don't like just jumps, but I see that Sasha has huge potential and strong character,  she will improve, just give her some time. 

I think it's great happiness  to witness such big moment in figure skating history. :smiley-happy085:

Alena Kostornaya's FP :heart:

5 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

I agree, I don't like just jumps, but I see that Sasha has huge potential and strong character,  she will improve, just give her some time. 

I think it's great happiness  to witness such big moment in figure skating history. :smiley-happy085:

That is exactly what everyone is worried about, that all these unnecessary risks will cut her time short and hurt her at such a young age. She is truly amazing and I hope she stays safe to show her true potential, but to be honest I am not very optimistic.

I also have the same feelings about Gogolev who I also think is too young for all the quads he is doing