Team Russia

9 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Wow.

Can't help remembering Adian. 

It's so strange how they keep bringing up mothers. Didn't Eteri bring up Voronov's mum, too? He's not even a teenager or anything! 

Are they blaming the mothers? 

3 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Are they blaming the mothers? 

Not particularly but they keep bringing up mothers. When Yulia left Eteri talked about her mum. When Voronov left, talked about mum. Now Daniil in a shortish statement brought up the fact that Dasha's mum was there when this happened. What's the thing with mums? It's weird. 

ETA: Almost like they resent any authority figure other than them having any input about this. But they were so used to the script that they forgot Voronov was not a teenager? I dunno. It's really weird.

(OT But even Brian went on about Yuna's mum! Raf about Nathan's mum! It's like some weird coach-parent power struggle with the skater in the middle.)

I know many teachers personally, and believe me, they complain about parents as much as about kids. And usually they have a very good reason to complain, to be honest. I guess in FS, where there are lots of very young people, parents keep an eye on their kid, whether it's their wellbeing (like Yuzu) or career (like Nathan). And often it may lead to disagreement with a coach. It sounds like Daria may have been in emotional distress, and her mother supported her. I think that if Daria's mother was more career-oriented rather than wellbeing-oriented, she'd have pushed Daria out there on the ice herself. 

Also according to the Daria Panenkova's ask (like curious cat thing) she goes through Deep medical examination (she gave blood samples for that) and some ppl said that she said very good reason to refuse to go to the ice. Also bcs of that med examination thing ppl assumed she has some troubles with her health...

2 hours ago, Lilona said:

Also according to the Daria Panenkova's ask (like curious cat thing) she goes through Deep medical examination (she gave blood samples for that) and some ppl said that she said very good reason to refuse to go to the ice. Also bcs of that med examination thing ppl assumed she has some troubles with her health...

Wow.

More shades of Adian.