Team Russia

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

And Gubanova.

I was just coming over to grumble at all of you. What fresh hell is this? Just .... :smiley-angry031: :smiley-angry031::smiley-angry031:

I thought someone said that it was indicating funding only? If not, that is odd as juniors is already a blood bath and seniors only really has Zhenya and Alina. Would they not want gubanova and pannekova to battle it out with all the rest of them for that 3rd spot? But in a way this is good doe Polina T as she is now really competing with Maria, Elena R(?), Anna P(?), Eliza T(?) and the one that bombed at worlds (can’t recall her name) so she at least had a better shot. I really like Polina T. However I am a Med fan all day long though 

10 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

And Gubanova.

I was just coming over to grumble at all of you. What fresh hell is this? Just .... :smiley-angry031: :smiley-angry031::smiley-angry031:

I am just as baffled. But apparently, this has to do with financing - if a girl has a spot at a senior GP, she can go there. But RusFed works in mysterious ways - hard to predict their logic. 

Just now, Fay said:

I am just as baffled. But apparently, this has to do with financing - if a girl has a spot at a senior GP, she can go there. But RusFed works in mysterious ways - hard to predict their logic. 

Yes, and I mean I get it why it's better to get Junior funding. Look at Seniors. No Pogo, no Kovtun, Radio is on the reserve team, numbers are shrinking. 

But Gubanova, per Rus Nats last season, should have been in the main team. So why Junior funding? And if so, she'd presumably do some Junior stuff, so a mix like Konstantinova last season. But you can't do both JGP and GP so ... which? Daria has two GPs, so ok, but Gubanova? Just the host spot at CoR I think. I am confused.

20 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes, and I mean I get it why it's better to get Junior funding. Look at Seniors. No Pogo, no Kovtun, Radio is on the reserve team, numbers are shrinking. 

But Gubanova, per Rus Nats last season, should have been in the main team. So why Junior funding? And if so, she'd presumably do some Junior stuff, so a mix like Konstantinova last season. But you can't do both JGP and GP so ... which? Daria has two GPs, so ok, but Gubanova? Just the host spot at CoR I think. I am confused.

Pogo’s in the reserve, I think. It’s Elena, Anna and Serafima there... 

Maxim is nowhere, but I hardly find it surprising anymore. 

Konstantinova was among juniors last year - so... people said it wouldn’t affect her, but the only senior competition she made to was the Worlds. Where she was burnt out.