Team Russia

Guest turquoiseblue

It seems that the time has come... The time to say thank you! I want to thank everyone who is close to me and is supporting me! They are friends, relatives, co-workers and simply acquaintances... Thank you very much for always being near and dear to my heart. You are my strength, my inspiration, my anchor. I have gone through a lot. My fight in professional sport never stops. The love and support you have shown me gives me power and strength to continue my life, work and the fight for figure skating. I will continue my journey till the very end. With love yours truly, Ksenia Stolbova ♥️

:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

20 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Poor Ksenia ... this is just heartbreaking ... :sadPooh:

...They are going to worlds this year right? Still pissed at IOC, it's a bit rude to first invite, and then rescind with no explanation.

For those of us who have followed this mess of invitations, though they have lodged their complaints to that ad hoc CAS in Korea, Ksenia has said that they won't go even if it is ruled in their favor, due to the humiliation and honestly, who can blame them. Not that I think they'll get an invite but the stress, the lack of practice with the others ... sigh. The ruling should be either Feb 8th or 9th btw.

Guest turquoiseblue

Irina Zhuk and Alexander Svinin: We will continue to defend the good name of Ivan Bukin

Today we practically did not sleep, we waited for the final decision of the CAS, we knew that it would be at 5 am Moscow time … We are at training camp in Novogorsk with the guys, we are preparing, we are training, we are not stopping work. We hoped that justice would prevail and we would be invited to the Olympics, especially since the court made a fair decision about our other athletes, returned the medals won in Sochi. All this inspired the guys and us. We even planned to fly out to Korea on Wednesday evening, if everything goes well.

But, unfortunately, CAS came short of hopes, we stay at home. Of course, we are tired of all this humiliation and injustice. We are tired of repeating that figure skating and doping are incompatible, and our Vanya Bukin has never used any illegal medicines. His condition is difficult to describe in words. The guy is very angry because of this injustice. Vanya, who is a bright, kind, positive, open person. This whole story made him more mature, more serious, it’s noticeable.

Sasha – his faithful partner, she is always there, supports Ivan. Like it should be. I hope that the time will come and they will apologize to the guys. We will not stop, we will continue to submit to the courts, defend the good name of our athlete!!!

This is so sad and heartbreaking...:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: