Team Russia

Ehm... is this a test run for a weird funky drama movie script to get another FS movie out after "I, Tonya"? Because I sure feel like the connection to reality is a bit lost by now..

And I can't say how heart broken I am for Ksenia & Ivan (and their partners!). It feels like such a farce, I cant imagine how helpless they must feel.

I'm so sad about S/K and S/B. They are probably my faves among Russian pairs and ID teams:13877886::13877886::13877886:

They have been working so hard to get the chance to go to Oly and then, all of a sudden, someone tells them they are not "suitable" for ?????reason. That's the thing that really makes it hard to swallow, that Ksenia, Ivan and their partners (and us) aren't given any clear reason. And the confusing reaction from ROC is pretty bad too. You can't say one thing one moment and take it back the next one.:waffle: that's not how a serious government body should work (but ROC has lots of faults in the whole doping story, so...:facepalm:)

I hope IOC will say something more about why they singled out some athletes like Ksenia and Ivan so out of the blue, because right now it looks like an awful injustice.:smiley-angry023:

Asking here because I haven't seen the Russian J Nats performances, but why was wild child Nastya Tarakanova so low in the rankings? When I saw the results I thought she had had a meltdown but I've read the protocols and she didn't have any major mistake...  the goe on spins looked pretty low tho (as she usually has lovely spins)

I'm so sad I won't get to see her at JWorlds:smiley-sad016:

Well, more chances for Rika and the other Japanese and Korean girls to get on podium At least I won't be debating on which of my favourite jr ladies leave out of my dream JWC podium, now they can fill those 3 places quite nicely:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

Asking here because I haven't seen the Russian J Nats performances, but why was wild child Nastya Tarakanova so low in the rankings? When I saw the results I thought she had had a meltdown but I've read the protocols and she didn't have any major mistake...  the goe on spins looked pretty low tho (as she usually has lovely spins)

I'm so sad I won't get to see her at JWorlds:smiley-sad016:

Well, more chances for Rika and the other Japanese and Korean girls to get on podium At least I won't be debating on which of my favourite jr ladies leave out of my dream JWC podium, now they can fill those 3 places quite nicely:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

Because the Russian federation had a few to much questionable mushrooms, if you ask me. I felt like all of Nastya T, Nastya G & Dasha were held back, but it hit little Tarakanova the most IMO. Obviously I have no real insight to proof it, but it felt to me like they had decided before what the JWC team should be (= Sasha, Kosto, Stasya) and because of her JGPF bronze, Nastya T was the biggest threat to that. So she had to be held down the most.

And she was my favorite for that 3rd JWC spot too, but I'd understand if Nastya G or Dasha would get the nod - they both have done well too. But while Stasya is a lovely skater in her own right, I don't think she proved herself like the other ones did.

But lol, yes one could call that good news for Rika - if it wasn't kind of an insult to her, because Rika is too amazing to need favors. RusFed just fails :13877886:

Rarely keep up with this thread but decided to visit for an explanation on this yet another round of the whole mess that is OAR. Seriously. It's an absolute mess. I hurt for the athletes whose literal blood, sweat, and tears are being tossed around for the sake of, what exactly? Saving face? 'Saving' the sport? ???!!

Also, I cannot keep up with the diminutive name of Russian junior ladies. Who is Stasya?

Nastya is, err, Anastasia? So, Tarakanova and Gubanova?

I know Sasha is Alexandra, and Alyona is how they pronounce Alena so that's Kostornaya.

And Dasha, I gather, is Daria Panenkova.

So, Stasya is Stanislava Konstantinova? 

:help: