Team Russia

21 minutes ago, liv said:

What did she say? Whenever anyone says reach for popcorn....

When Yulia first came to her, Yulia's mother told her right off that Yulia is age-eligible for Sochi and she thought she still has to learn to jump, and here they're already planning for Olympics and then there was a part with Yulia post Sochi. She said something like - when Yulia got the medal in Sochi, she said mama, mama, is this the medal you wanted? It's an Olympic medal and Yulia's mother said yes. Eteri says that she saw something turn off (I'd loosely say maybe die in English) in Yulia's eyes then (we need the right translation, this is me stumbling about). I think this is the biggest thing. The rest is more or less the usual, about kicking out Alina, motivating students, etc.

10 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

When Yulia first came to her, Yulia's mother told her right off that Yulia is age-eligible for Sochi and she thought she still has to learn to jump, and here they're already planning for Olympics and then there was a part with Yulia post Sochi. She said something like - when Yulia got the medal in Sochi, she said mama, mama, is this the medal you wanted? It's an Olympic medal and Yulia's mother said yes. Eteri says that she saw something turn off (I'd loosely say maybe die in English) in Yulia's eyes then (we need the right translation, this is me stumbling about). I think this is the biggest thing. The rest is more or less the usual, about kicking out Alina, motivating students, etc.

Holy. This hits right in the heart. Poor Yulia. 

10 hours ago, liv said:

Yeah. But, well, she probably shows more when she is on the ice competing... it's just the pose is weird, the outfit is weird... everything is weird...

Some time ago there was a push to stop the sexualisation of minors in Australian media and this pose, looking over the shoulder with your bum to the camera, was brought up as particularly prevalent and problematic. It really creeps me out. I cringed at that interview Eteri gave where she went on about how pretty Alina was and how Alina knows it and loves to show it off. :facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Was wondering about this, didn't bobrova has a doping history back in sochi? Can she still go to PC? :14066882:

I just checked Wikipedia and it was in 2016, not Sochi. An amnesty was granted to those testing positive under a certain amount and her suspension was lifted.

21 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I just checked Wikipedia and it was in 2016, not Sochi. An amnesty was granted to those testing positive under a certain amount and her suspension was lifted.

Whoops sorry for my bad memory lol :laughing: oh so her suspension was already lifted? Glad to hear that!

Zhenya's gala without comments:

Lyrics:

"Songs of mine that I've yet to write. How many?

Tell me cuckoo, sing it for me.

To live in the city or the hamlets?

Lie as a stone or burn like a star?

A star.

Sunlight of mine, glance now at me.

My palm has turned to a fist.

And if there's gun powder - give me the fire.

That's how.

Who will go the lonely path?

The strong and the brave

Have laid down their heads in the field of battle.

Few now remain with bright memory,

with a clear mind, even a firm hand in order*.

In order*.

That's how.

Where are you now, freedom of will?

With who are you now

Greeting the gentle sunrise? Answer.

It's good with you, but bad without.

The head, even shoulders so patient , under the whip.

The whip

That's how."