Team Russia

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Good news: today the commission of sportsmen of the Russian Olympic Committee published an official statement declaring the decision of the majority of sportsmen to compete in the Olympics. http://www.olympic.ru/news/news-russia/main/o-poziczii-rossiyskih-sportsmenov-po-zimnim-olimpiyskim-vidam/ 

We still have to wait the official statement of the Russian Olympic Committee itself. Tomorrow. :13877886:

That's good, things will be more exciting then. =) 

Hooray! It's official now: Russian Olympic Committee voted "for" the participation in the Olympics. They will also take care of all the financial and technical issues!

http://www.interfax.ru/sport/591486 :0006:

:bliss-smiley:But still every athlete should get personal invitation from MOC.

27 минут назад, sweetwater сказал:

:8122879: 

Get better soon and come back strong, Anna!:fingerscrossed:

ETA: Was Ksenia injured too? If so, hope she'll be healed soon.

Ksenia said that she twisted her leg during the short program, probably because one of her boots gone a bit off. She also said, it wasn't a hard injury, but it influenced the free program.

12 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Ksenia said that she twisted her leg during the short program, probably because one of her boots gone a bit off. She also said, it wasn't a hard injury, but it influenced the free program.

Thank you for clarifying! I saw she fell and hit the board during SP and was a bit worried whether she injured herself by it or not. Anyway, it’s good to hear her injury isn’t a serious one. Thanks a lot!:thanks:

Guest turquoiseblue
9 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Hooray! It's official now: Russian Olympic Committee voted "for" the participation in the Olympics. They will also take care of all the financial and technical issues!

http://www.interfax.ru/sport/591486 :0006:

:bliss-smiley:But still every athlete should get personal invitation from MOC.

Yay!! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::10742288::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::10742289::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: I will root for all Russian athletes :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Anna... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

... on a more positive note

I wish her all the best :grouphug:

An English translation is available on fs-gossips, too:

Anna Pogorilaya: The season is over for me

I’m slowly recovering, but I have not brought my back to normal yet, I will not take part in the Russian National Championships. I just do not have time to prepare, and my back also won’t let me do that. Now I do not even practice on the ice, only in gym. The season is over for me.

I keep my spirits up. Injury is not eternal, I just need to support my back a little bit now, otherwise I will not get up at all.

At the moment I’m determined to restore my back and then we’ll see how it works out, but there are no crucial questions about the future.

Two news in a row and I'm sad about both of them. 

I wish Anna full recovery. We have seen skaters coming back from more serious injuries and I hope that Anna will come back even stronger. She's still young and has time to fulfil her dreams

Zhenya should take more time to recover.  I dont think I will be able to watch her skating at the nationals . I will be too worried. As much as I want to see her back , I will feel more happy if I knew she's healthy and doesnt rush things too much

I am not surprised that Anna has WD and though I dreamed of seeing her at the Olys, it was pretty clear a while back it's not an easy injury. In general any back injuries make me twitch, so I'm really happy she's going to put her health as her main priority and heal properly. She is so young and her whole life is ahead of her, and that should be her focus. I hope we'll see her next season, skating will be poorer if she decides to retire.

I am not even sure what to say about Zhenya except that I'll be watching through my fingers if she shows up at Rus Nats. I get why she wants to but still. Still. Hopefully she's healing well, and knock on wood, she'll show up because she's fully ready.