Team Russia

Noooooooooo 

I'm so sad, I'm just staring at the ceiling in shock and disbelief 

:cry:

To think that Zhenya skated at NHK with an injury like that... It's insane? 

To be honest, hope she'll follow Yuzu's example and will decide to prioritize health, not GPF, to heal properly... Poor girl, dealing with so much pressure and now this ... 

:smiley-sad016:

5 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Can someone please provide details. What is wrong with her?

Pressure fractures in her right foot. She started feeling the pain before the Rostelecom Cup, and it got worse at NHK. She was on painkillers for her NHK free program. 

Why didn't she withdraw from the gala? 

3 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Can someone please provide details. What is wrong with her?

If I understood right she has a crack in her right foot bone. She was in pain at Rostelecom already and skated with painkillers. Before NHK she went to Germany and the doctors confirmed the injury. She didnt agree to skip the GP but was training less. At the NHK the pain got worse ((( . Now she's with cast on her right foot.....

I honestly don't know what to say... I just want her and Yuzuru to heal calmly and fast but I know that they are under pressure..  I feel so bad.... 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Pressure fractures in her right foot. She started feeling the pain before the Rostelecom Cup, and it got worse at NHK. She was on painkillers for her NHK free program. 

Why didn't she withdraw from the gala? 

2 minutes ago, Hannah said:

If I understood right she has a crack in her right foot bone. She was in pain at Rostelecom already and skated with painkillers. Before NHK she went to Germany and the doctors confirmed the injury. She didnt agree to skip the GP but was training less. At the NHK the pain got worse ((( . Now she's with cast on her right foot.....

I honestly don't know what to say... I just want her and Yuzuru to heal calmly and fast but I know that they are under pressure..  I feel so bad.... 

Thank you for clarifying

I wish Med a quick recovery and hopefully she will consider withdrawing if she is still not ready by GPF,  though I doubt it will happen considering that she didn't even skip the gala 

Get well soon Zhenya 

Yeah I feel like only a very bad condition will prevent her from going to GPF. She’s young and might still feel like she has to prove herself, she skated well with the injury and her coaching team...isn’t exactly Brian. I don’t think they’d force her to WD if she insists on going. But I wish they would surprise me, it’s really not worth going to GPF if it’ll exacerbate the injury either for PC or in the long term ): a bone fracture sounds pretty serious

either way I hope she recovers completely for the Olympics and makes the best decision for her health

Zhenya...  :cry: :hopelessness:

I wish her a speedy recovery and if there's any chance it'll aggravate what appears to be only a stress fracture for now, I wish she reconsiders her wish to go to GPF in order to completely heal before the Olympics, which is far more important than GPF.