Team Russia

Can't lie, I'm super single-minded when it comes to the Russian men: give me Mika + Dima for Olys, and I'm happy.

I love Mikas relationship with his coach and choreographers, but I also wished they would be willing to get a bit of help with choreography... Mika has solid basics, he's a great performer/entertainer - with some really good programs, I'm sure he could surprise a lot of people. And I can't shut up about how pure his jumping technique his, his lutz gives me life. I'm willing to sacrifice a few nerves and hairs for him to land that damn 4Lz too :think:

And Dima is just gorgeous to watch. I'm not the biggest fan of his jumps, but I just love watching him :pbow:

Regarding Kovtun, I think he will need to do better than only showing up at nats again. He's not considered Russian #1 anymore by any stretch, and he has more competition coming up. Plus Sergei still being there, Artur coming back. I don't dislike Maxim at all, but I don't expect him to make it to PC at this point.

The Gen chat thread got me thinking about the Russian men. We keep talking about the ladies and with good reason but I wonder how it's all going to end with the men? Aliev's coming up to Seniors and if he can get his head in order, negl, I think he can kick out Kovtun who seems to be falling apart. I think Kolyada is a safe bet but of course, there's Samarin too apart from Dima. This has the potential to be equally messy.

If Aliev can be consistent - good for him, but Samarin - don't know what to think - I saw him live at GPF and he was soooooooo slow.

Gio said:
Samarin is honestly a pain to see live (SS and TR, not found) so...maybe Aliev? But he's so inconsistent...

Kolyada is pretty nice all around but his programs don't do it for me. :acceptable:

Samarin chooses the coolest music though! I haven't seen him live, but I really enjoy his programs on TV.

Kolyada is fun to watch, but he needs to work harder on choreograph.He has nice programs, but not quite impressive, at least for me. I enjoyed his performance while watching him; but would I ever remember his programs afterwards? Probably not; tho he is on my rewatching list.

My dream Oly team of Russian guys would be Kolyada+Aliev :love: but who knows, apparently none of those Russian guys can be saying as consistent so basically the door is open to everybody.

IMO problem with Kolyada's programs is that he works with that choreographer from their rink, person he was working with for years. Seems he'd love to try programs done by someone else but doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

And he got new SP last year but was told throw it away and return to the old one by people in Fed.

Moria Polonius said:
Gio said:
Samarin is honestly a pain to see live (SS and TR, not found) so...maybe Aliev? But he's so inconsistent...

Kolyada is pretty nice all around but his programs don't do it for me. :acceptable:

Samarin chooses the coolest music though! I haven't seen him live, but I really enjoy his programs on TV.

I honestly think Samarin is one of the most overscored skaters I've ever seen xD

His programs are really empty, his skating isn't great at all and I wasn't impressed by IN or PE either. The PCS he receives are a mistery for me.

Is Zhenya reading a letter of a fallen hero?

The man in the big photo is her great-grandfather Ivan who died in WWII, in his tank that was hit by a bomb, (she'll be a part of the traditional remembrance walk) and the letter was written by his best friend, they are both in the little photo, about how they met, spent time and I believe, how he died.

She says the family spends the day together, watches the parade, and of course, she practices!

The man in the big photo is her great-grandfather Ivan who died in WWII, in his tank that was hit by a bomb, (she'll be a part of the traditional remembrance walk) and the letter was written by his best friend, they are both in the little photo, about how they met, spent time and I believe, how he died.

She says the family spends the day together, watches the parade, and of course, she practices!

Thank you. Very interesting to hear about this.

It's truly a rotten day over here weatherwise. I agree!

Ah Fay, that does suck big time :empathy: we need to push spring your way!

Thank you. Very interesting to hear about this.

No problem! I was wondering if she'd mention practice and yup, there we go, at the end. Of course :grin:

On a shallow note, I love her hair like this! She looks very nice, and you're right, like that next to Adelina, they do look alike!