"Must Sees" for new Yuzu fans

8 hours ago, Neenah said:

No, this was in Fukushima. It was part of the 24h TV in 2015 and he performed for people who could not go back to their homes because of the disaster. The whole thing is so heartbreaking which is why this particular performance has such an impact. I found the video of the segment without subtitles here

I am pretty sure it has been translated but can't find it now

Ah, thank you!!

I'll take this opportunity (hehehe) and promote our season streaming party threads:

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

All threads include a playlist of all performances of the respective season which we could find videos of (some vids may be down by now so @kaeryth's video compiltations threads are a better resource, actually!), protocols,  jump/goe/pcs score statistics for Yuzu and also an archive of our chats if you want to read our reactions. Sometimes there's also some extra media attached like interviews. Aside from us having fun we thought this might be a great resource for new fans who want to get to know Yuzu's skating career better!

There's also a chance we might repeat these streaming parties in the off season when there's nothing to do, so watch out for that, too :9: We're still going to do a junior streaming party I think.

For all our streaming parties here's the main thread:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/497-planet-streaming-parties/

On 3/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, LadyLou said:

I'll always suggest Change ex (2014!!!) yes,  here's your local Change stan :embSwan: 

And Faoi Opening and closing numbers, in particular FaoI Makuhari 2015 and of course hyper!Yuzu and Nyan!Yuzu from FaoI 2017. I believe all the videos are compiled in @kaeryth's threads. Change and Makuhari 2015 showed me for the first time the hyper and playful and bubbly side of Yuzu (PW doesn't count, ok? And back then I still didn't know LGC existed:dancingpooh:)

Not really a must watch, but some commentaries I particularly enjoy because interesting/hilarious/moving: 2012 Worlds FS from NBC (iirc Tracy was commenting!!! "When he's on his jumps are sensational, when he's off, his falls are spectacular":smiley-laughing021: poor Tracy had no idea of what awaited her:9:), Sochi PW CBC (Kurt!), GPF 2015 SP BritishEsp and the spanish ladies(TDP) who were amazed and hilarious in their amazement, GPF 2015 Seimei NBC  (yes, I found Johnny and Tara quite good there:P)    

Helsinki H&L BBC and a bunch of others (Ita Esp included:biggrin: final part in particular:biggrin::biggrin:), going for the more "exotic" ones I'd say the hungarian M4, french Fr2 commentary. I also recommend Notte Stellata Helsinki with Ita Esp commentary because the commentary melts me every single time (and Angelo puts into words what really sets Yuzu apart from everyone else: his technical elements are Art, too) :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

There shoud be subbed video in Kaeryth's threads

An amazing COR FS fancam (I'll add the link when I find it)

And every true Yuzu fan shoud watch at least a couple practices with Yuzuru skating Seimei in his training outfit :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

As for documentaries, among the must watch (pretty much each doc, tbqh :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:) I recommend his Spirit of the Athetes 2016 (Boston:sadPooh:) and the documentaries about 3.11 (sorry I don't remember the name:13877886:I'll check later and edit my post). 

Also, Kenji's room episodes subbed by @¯\_(ツ)_/¯ because they'll make tear you up one moment and laugh your ass off the next and they discuss a bunch of different topics

You can find them in the media threads

Some "must read" interviews: again, so much wonderful material...if I have to recommend one off the top of my head, the Ice Jewel one from 2016 (october? I'll check this one too) where Yuzuru talks a bit about his post-Boston time. I don't  remember if he talked about his 2016-2017 programs in that one too or it was another Ice Jewel...

thing is, it's actually impossible to find a single Yuzu interview that isn't special and worth reading (and cause lots of squealing and/or weeping). And translators are so freaking good, they always try to convey the special care and feelings Yuzu puts in his interviews, in the way he chooses his words and conjures certain images...thanks to those little details I can almost picture Yuzuru's expression and voice talking  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Figure skating talks + bonus occasional fanboying over Yuzuru: I recommend the english translations from Max Ambesi & Angelo Dolfini's podcasts (again, gotta fetch the links later  :13877886: I'm a bad and disorganized fanyu :81:)

You don't need to understand the tech to appreciate the beauty of Yuzuru's skating but it certainly made me appreciate ten thousand times more him as an athlete, and figure skating in general. Yuzu is a big nerd of the sport and he loves skating so much, so I feel it can make him proud and happy that, thanks to him, more people get to share his love for the sport:10742289:

tho understanding the tech could make you salty about scoring....sorry about that :headdesk:

Whops I've suggested a bunch of very sad things:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

Bad fanyu:13877886:

Masochist:13877886::13877886:

Sorry for the wall-text:peekapooh:

(All the video and interviews should be in the translations and media thread, I'll edit my post with links when I'll have my pc and some decent wifi)

Thanks so much for all these suggestions! I'm about to watch kenji's room right now, I found the subbed videos on the forum. :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

On 3/15/2018 at 9:24 PM, tafattsbarn said:

Do you mind sharing that youtube playlist? Help a fellow newbie out and all that jazz haha

This is the one I use and IMO is the best Yuzuru playlist on YT right now. It has over 400 videos but more importantly, it's by season, starting with 2004 and then by competition, with various commentary and updated pretty regularly. You simply start and .... say bye bye to your free time for a bit! 

Clicky

(btw YT sort of grinds to a halt at 200, so just refresh to see the rest if it doesn't pop up on its own)

• 10 months later...

LGC. All the iterations. It's what really turned me into a Yuzu fan. 

Also Parisienne Walkways Sochi performance. 

HYK Helsinki

and above all, the most perfect free skate there ever will be, Hope & Legacy from Worlds 2017. You will never, and I mean never, see a finer skating performance until Yuzu goes perfect on Origin. 

I'm :softYuzu:for just about any practice video, partly because of the UA (UnderArmor) effect. No matter how beautiful his costumes are, nothing shows off his figure/skating to better effect than clingy, solid black. Among the practice vids I particularly adore Swanyu (Notte Stellata) GPF 2016. Two items of note: 1) Zhenya (Evgenia Medvedeva) standing stock still at the end of the rink, simply watching him; 2) the gesture he makes during his bow. Sorry to be cryptic on that last bit, but I don't want to insert a spoiler. 

On 3/16/2018 at 4:18 AM, obscurite said:

Popping in to add Believe to the mix! I feel like it's so underrated, I cried throughout this entire performance the first time I saw it :13877886:The passion in it is incredible. 

I absolutely looveBelieve, it's my favorite show-special by Yuzu ever.  He's soooo into it it makes my heart happy!

• 4 months later...

hiya guys, i'm so new in this Fanyu obsession, but i'm absolutely obsessed with Yuzu. 

i was wondering if you guys could refer me to the link where i can watch the entire asaichi interview completely? i saw some from yuzufairy in Youtube, but some has been deleted (i'm so late....... :dislike: 

thank you kindly for showing me the ropes and please excuse this newbie  :smiley_hairpull:

1 hour ago, Haleslegacy said:

hiya guys, i'm so new in this Fanyu obsession, but i'm absolutely obsessed with Yuzu. 

i was wondering if you guys could refer me to the link where i can watch the entire asaichi interview completely? i saw some from yuzufairy in Youtube, but some has been deleted (i'm so late....... :dislike: 

thank you kindly for showing me the ropes and please excuse this newbie  :smiley_hairpull:

She has it on google drive below... :68271262:

• 2 months later...

:67638860:

On 2/11/2019 at 12:13 AM, ZuCritter said:

I'm :softYuzu:for just about any practice video, partly because of the UA (UnderArmor) effect. No matter how beautiful his costumes are, nothing shows off his figure/skating to better effect than clingy, solid black. Among the practice vids I particularly adore Swanyu (Notte Stellata) GPF 2016. Two items of note: 1) Zhenya (Evgenia Medvedeva) standing stock still at the end of the rink, simply watching him; 2) the gesture he makes during his bow. Sorry to be cryptic on that last bit, but I don't want to insert a spoiler. 

Thank you for this.  I'd not seen it before.  Really putting his soul into the music.  Absolutely beautiful.  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: