dotsquare

2019 Four Continents Anaheim

On 5/17/2018 at 2:03 AM, yuzuu said:

Where and how do we purchase the pre-sale tickets?

I have the same question! When you find out! Let me know! Lol

1 hour ago, moonkat said:

who's likely to be at 4cc this time?

Russian skaters don't go to 4CC. Usually skaters from Japan, China, SK and other Asian countries go. Because it's in Anaheim I think Nathan Chen and other North American skaters will definitely be there. Australian skaters usually attend too! 

As for Yuzu...its hard to say! He has never gotten a gold at 4CC so I'm positive he wants that at some point, either this season or next season. He definitely prioritises 4CC the least compared to other comps based on his attendance in the past (e.g. skipping it to focus on Worlds). I would say since it's relatively close to Toronto, it's likely he will go but that's also subject to his condition leading up to Worlds. 

10 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Russian skaters don't go to 4CC. Usually skaters from Japan, China, SK and other Asian countries go. Because it's in Anaheim I think Nathan Chen and other North American skaters will definitely be there. Australian skaters usually attend too! 

As for Yuzu...its hard to say! He has never gotten a gold at 4CC so I'm positive he wants that at some point, either this season or next season. He definitely prioritises 4CC the least compared to other comps based on his attendance in the past (e.g. skipping it to focus on Worlds). I would say since it's relatively close to Toronto, it's likely he will go but that's also subject to his condition leading up to Worlds. 

I think Yuzu actually normally plans to compete at 4CC, he just had health circumstances most of the time that didn’t allow him to (recovering from surgery in 2015, lisfranc injury in 2016, and of course the ankle this year but I expect he would normally skip the year of the Olympics). 

Time difference between Toronto and Anaheim is only 3 hours and the flight is approximately 6 hours, I’d say this 4CC should be the most convenient for Yuzu to attend since it’s not in Asia. I expect most Canadian, American, and other Asian skaters to attend as well, though not sure if Nathan will come as he’s likely in the middle of school on the east coast in February. 

2 minutes ago, kiches said:

I think Yuzu actually normally plans to compete at 4CC, he just had health circumstances most of the time that didn’t allow him to (recovering from surgery in 2015, lisfranc injury in 2016, and of course the ankle this year but I expect he would normally skip the year of the Olympics). 

Time difference between Toronto and Anaheim is only 3 hours and the flight is approximately 6 hours, I’d say this 4CC should be the most convenient for Yuzu to attend since it’s not in Asia. I expect most Canadian, American, and other Asian skaters to attend as well, though not sure if Nathan will come as he’s likely in the middle of school on the east coast in February. 

I totally agree with you! What I was trying to say was that when things aren't going to plan (ie injuries like you've listed), he's more likely to skip 4CC compared to GPF or Worlds, where he just pushes through. 

Totally forgot Nathan is going to Yale :13877886: Either way, I'm sure there's going to be plenty of good competition to watch! 

Having never attended any sort of sporting event (yes, it’s true! Get your gasps out now.) I have no idea how fast I have to jump to get tickets. Is this a hot ticket? I can see world championships and events in japan going fast, but not sure about this one.

Your collective expertise in this sort of situation would be appreciated. よろしくお願いします。

17 minutes ago, Babyn1994 said:

is the ticket link available just to view ? i try searching on ticketmaster but i dont even see anything related to figure skating event.

There isn't a ticket link yet. However, there is now an official website to the event: https://www.2019fourcontinents.com

Under the tickets section, you will find a link to sign up for ticket notifications and other subscriptions. There is also an event schedule on the website via menu button on top right hand corner.

Lizcsxx mentioned May 30 presale. So let's just wait and watch this website/our inboxes for more info to come around then

On 5/20/2018 at 6:37 PM, Whee1000 said:

Having never attended any sort of sporting event (yes, it’s true! Get your gasps out now.) I have no idea how fast I have to jump to get tickets. Is this a hot ticket? I can see world championships and events in japan going fast, but not sure about this one.

Your collective expertise in this sort of situation would be appreciated. よろしくお願いします。

Delurking to answer. Hi 👋 to all. I’m new here.  😊

I think the tickets might go pretty fast. I’ve already booked a hotel for the event. The first hotel I tried to book was already sold out for the event dates. They had rooms through the Feb 7th, 2019, but nothing for Feb 8th - 11th. The second hotel jumped in price by $10 as I was booking, but at least they still had rooms for now. 

Based on this, I think the tickets for this competition will go fast. 

1 hour ago, LutzDeluxe said:

Delurking to answer. Hi 👋 to all. I’m new here.  😊

I think the tickets might go pretty fast. I’ve already booked a hotel for the event. The first hotel I tried to book was already sold out for the event dates. They had rooms through the Feb 7th, 2019, but nothing for Feb 8th - 11th. The second hotel jumped in price by $10 as I was booking, but at least they still had rooms for now. 

Based on this, I think the tickets for this competition will go fast. 

Hi! Thanks for delurking to answer my question. 

Hmmm, ok, I will try to pounce when the tickets are released (the heck with work, I have my priorities). We will have a car in Anaheim, so I may have the option to choose a place a little farther out. But we will see!