dotsquare

2019 Four Continents Anaheim

Hi everyone,

Sorry to make this thread so darn early- specifically a year in advance  :headdesk2:

I'm again in dire need of some life advice- this time  regarding the 4CC next year.

Here's a bit of background: I come from a very sheltered family. I'm not even allowed to go out on the weekends alone despite approaching my mid-20s :( Fortunately, at the end of this year (November to February), I'm going abroad to do a clinical elective for med school. This might be my only chance to see Yuzu since I don't know when his competitive skating career will end...and I don't know when I'll ever be allowed to go overseas alone like this.

My original plan was to spend Nov/Dec in Tokyo and Jan/Feb in Scotland. The problem is that the only competition that lines up with this time period and these locations is Japanese Nationals (and I highly doubt I can secure tickets + I really want to see a Yuzu open practice:muahaha: 

So now I'm thinking of randomly inserting a US trip in Feb to attend the 4CC! I'm terrified though because I've never traveled solo. I'm scared of going alone but I really really want to go :embSwan:

Basically I'm looking for reassurance from seasoned fanyus! Is anyone else planning on going to Anaheim for 4CC? Can someone take me under their wing? :peekapooh:

4 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to make this thread so darn early- specifically a year in advance  :headdesk2:

I'm again in dire need of some life advice- this time  regarding the 4CC next year.

Here's a bit of background: I come from a very sheltered family. I'm not even allowed to go out on the weekends alone despite approaching my mid-20s :( Fortunately, at the end of this year (November to February), I'm going abroad to do a clinical elective for med school. This might be my only chance to see Yuzu since I don't know when his competitive skating career will end...and I don't know when I'll ever be allowed to go overseas alone like this.

My original plan was to spend Nov/Dec in Tokyo and Jan/Feb in Scotland. The problem is that the only competition that lines up with this time period and these locations is Japanese Nationals (and I highly doubt I can secure tickets + I really want to see a Yuzu open practice:muahaha: 

So now I'm thinking of randomly inserting a US trip in Feb to attend the 4CC! I'm terrified though because I've never traveled solo. I'm scared of going alone but I really really want to go :embSwan:

Basically I'm looking for reassurance from seasoned fanyus! Is anyone else planning on going to Anaheim for 4CC? Can someone take me under their wing? :peekapooh:

It's still a year from now, so I can't say anything for sure yet. But since I'm in the United States, and I like California, it's possible that I'll go especially if Yuzu is going. 

If I'm going, I'll be excited to meet you! :peek:

If not, I'm sure there will be other satellites there as well. This is a beautiful satellite family. :grouphug:

Was I dreaming or did tickets go on sale for 4CC already? Can anyone provide the link of the ticket sale site? Could have sworn I saw it with the available ticket break down.

1 hour ago, asiacheetah said:

Was I dreaming or did tickets go on sale for 4CC already? Can anyone provide the link of the ticket sale site? Could have sworn I saw it with the available ticket break down.

As far as I know, no ticket info has been released. We don't even know the venue in Anaheim yet. 4CC tickets are usually released at the end of the year :)

Hello @dotsquare 

I’m so glad you consider going to 4cc . We have a number of satellites in the US and nearby countries who would go too if there’s a chance Yuzu will be there . I went to ACI last year and met many nice satellites and I’m sure we would support and help any fan in need !:grouphug:

Anaheim is a pretty safe place to visit and it would be a fun event to attend . 

Traveling first time alone could be nerve-wrecking  but you can do it ! And you’ll be meeting with lots of nice fanyus satellites ! I was nervous for my first live competition at ACI because I didn’t know what to expect . It turned out one of my best experience ! I can’t wait to go to another ! To see Yuzu live is magical !

now we can pray for Yuzu’s health and for him to catch that elusive 4cc gold medal !

Yay! If he is coming i'm going too because it's basically in my backyard. Coooome, it will be fun :biggrin:

I've been going through past interviews and I found this one from the 2017 4CC! He was talking about 2018 4CC but obviously because of the injury he had to prioritize the Olympics. If he's healthy, I think we can expect a 2019 4CC appearance :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

WeNF4gQ.png

On 02/04/2018 at 9:02 PM, dotsquare said:

I've been going through past interviews and I found this one from the 2017 4CC! He was talking about 2018 4CC but obviously because of the injury he had to prioritize the Olympics. If he's healthy, I think we can expect a 2019 4CC appearance :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

WeNF4gQ.png

Was he not talking about the Olympics? :biggrin: It was the same venue.

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Was he not talking about the Olympics? :biggrin: It was the same venue.

Omg I think you're right :headdesk2: Clearly I'm extremely keen for Yuzu to be at 4CC :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: He did say in the interview that he was sorry to FujiTV for only getting silver medals at 4CC, but really I'm just grasping at straws here

Imagine he goes there and gets his 4th silver... I'm not sure what lvl of kuyashii it would be, 4th silver is like another lvl of curse :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:. Idk what's that w 4cc against yuzu cuz jpn skaters all do very well there (Nobu can boast w his kids who worship yuzu about the 4cc gold haha :LOL:). Now i rmb, 4cc silver is his FIRST ever senior medal, 7 yrs later, alr a legend, only that silver is still same, prob its like God's prank on him to never forget his very 1st achievement? (My intuition told me so :pouty:)

i got a flyer after the stars on ice show in Anaheim California, and it says that ISU Four Continents in Anaheim tickets pre-sale on may 30 and go on sale to general public on June 1st through ticketmaster and athletes competing will be anounce at a later date

47 minutes ago, Lizcxx said:

i got a flyer after the stars on ice show in Anaheim California, and it says that ISU Four Continents in Anaheim tickets pre-sale on may 30 and go on sale to general public on June 1st through ticketmaster and athletes competing will be anounce at a later date

:13877886:

5 hours ago, Lizcxx said:

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I'm like 20 minutes away from Anaheim, so I'm definitely going to this! Ok, with the normal congested traffic, let's make that 30-40 minutes...