Interesting Comments Thread

Bilge

"... it's a historic moment. I compared it to the day men landed on the moon..."

"he destroyed the world record in the short program and in the free... he innihilated it"

"He improved the world record by, what, 27 points?"

"He improved it by almost 10%, it's something beyond measure. He didn't break it by 1 point or 0.5 point... An incredible leap"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahhhh Kurt

"If anybody was gonna land a 4A who would it be? and

I think 4 out of 5 of us said that it was Yuzuru Hanyu and the 5th person had a crush on the waiter so...uhm..  that one doesn't count because i don't think that guy can skate"

:xD:

"There is the man, the myth, the legend. "

"Maybe not just the best there is...but the best there EVER will be , he is that good"

Honorable mentions to Kurt's " meow... because only a cat could have hold onto that! "

:kitty:

"Figure skating is so lucky to have a Yuzuru Hanyu. He is a great ambassador for the sport and he continues to push it both artistically and technically." - Charlie White

This for sp and the prev for fp are my fav 2 commentaries for helsinki 

Gotta add this:grin: "space league" indeed 

also "that wasn't a step sequece, it was a masterpiece " part because well it really what it is

2 hours ago, Rainna said:

Yes, they were praising Yuzu a lot. Among other things, they said that he himself is his only competition here and that he's in a "space league" of his own. And the guy said (right before the HO HO HO :D) that Yuzu moves him very much :)

"His ability to be beautiful not only on the ice...There is something else that was given (to him) from higher/supreme being... Someone, maybe, will win over Yuzuru at the ice. But he is inimitable in life" - Rafael Arutyunyan

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Translating the message now. 

“Yuzuru Hanyu has many personal fans all around the world. Huge numbers of fans from Japan travel following Hanyu to all his competitions. This overwhelming love doesn’t come from nowhere. And just his talent isn’t enough to explain it. 

Yesterday Hanyu emerged for the medal ceremony on crutches and proved not only his fantastic fighting spirit, but his immens respect to his fans, who give him their love in the form of Winnie the Poohs. It’s only the combination of talent and the fighting spirit which can make a talented athlete a legend. A champion can become a champion only by surmounting obstacles. We, the current Russian champions, should remember that. Yesterday Hanyu reminded us about it. I wish the Russian football team to overcome the obstacles and proceed onto the League of Nations!” 

[x]

3 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Our extra boy!!!

Sorry to bring this back but suddenly I have this Shrek song I have to get out!

Yagudin: “ then I saw his skating, now I’m a believer, not a shred of doubt in my mind, he’s a “ skating god”...

( I’m losing it ,sorry, dreading for my GPF trip)

:scared0011:

:softYuzu::cri: