Interesting Comments Thread

Bilge

TDP broadcast: Paloma: It's a pleasure to watch him and see how committed this man who won Olympic titles is, as if he was a 15 y/o and this was his first appearance. It's a pleasure to watch how he fights. Suzana: There isn't another skater like him, and there never will be.

link

• 8 months later...

Hello! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: I know this thread hasn't been touched in such a long time, but I thought I would add in my two cents. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw this, so I can't provide a link. :cry: I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where/who the quote is from! And sorry, it's not quite word for word since it's based completely from my unstable memory and is translated from Chinese(?) I think. (I remember the commentator being Chinese, but IDRK :59227c768286a__s:)

"Fate says to the warrior, 'You cannot overcome the storm.' The warrior replies in a low voice, 'I am the storm.' "

I honestly just really love this quote, because to me, it very realistically describes Yuzuru. He's been through so much: asthma, the disaster of 2011, injuries before/during competition, surgeries, unfair judging, and just so much more. But every time, he keeps getting back up and pushing forwards, and he takes the world by storm. 

I'm so thankful that we have such insightful commentators as this one (and, of course, Max & Angelo Ci) and that they give us such beautiful quotes! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Please let me know if you're aware of where this quote is from so that i can provide a source! :thanks:

Hello,

Thank you Hope_and_Legacy for this quote inspiring ! Unfortunately I can't help you with the source. 

Other comments ? During the free program at WC 2017, in Helsinki, there were also observations from French commentators on France TV: Nelson Monfort, Philippe Candeloro and Annick Dumont. That was when Yuzu was performing on Hope and Legacy. Here are some samples that I like :

• Nelson Monfort : « Son classement après le programme court ne lui laisse pas nécessairement entrevoir le titre mais avec lui, sait-on jamais… Quadruples sauts au programme et une grâce artistique à nul autre pareil. Pour l’Empire du soleil levant : Yuzuru Hanyu ! »  [His ranking after the short program doesn't necessarily give him a glimpse of the title but with him, you never know... Quadruple jumps in the program and an artistic grace like no other. For the Empire of the Rising Sun: Yuzuru Hanyu! ]
  •  Nelson Monfort : « Woaw ! Ce programme est un chef d’œuvre, ce programme est un chef d’œuvre absolu (…) » [Wow! This program is a masterpiece, this program is an absolute masterpiece...]
  •  Philippe Candeloro : « Oui, c’est phénoménal car il a ajouté des sauts qui n’étaient pas prévus mais il les assume, il les assure. Un très beau combat sportif que nous sommes en train de vivre aujourd’hui. » [Yes, it's phenomenal because he added jumps that were not planned but he assumes them, he assures them. It's a very beautiful sporting fight that we are experiencing today. »]
  • Nelson Monfort, at the end of the program : « Vous allez entendre l’ovation, vous allez entendre l’ovation. Extraordinaire, extraordinaire, Yuzuru Hanyu. Les drapeaux japonais qui se lèvent comme un seul. Le seul qui reste un petit peu calme dans ces circonstances, cela a l’air d’être le principal intéressé. Annick et Philippe sont debout (…) » [You're going to hear the applause, you're going to hear the applause. Extraordinary, extraordinary, Yuzuru Hanyu. The Japanese flags rising as one. The only one who remains a little quiet in these circumstances, that seems to be the main interested person.  (...)]
  • Annick Dumont : « C’était le plus beau programme jamais vu dans le patinage sénior masculin. » [It was the most beautiful program ever seen in senior men's skating.]
  • Annick Dumont, when the scores were shown : « Et voilà. Season Best, SB, c’est-à-dire qu’il bat son propre record. C’est effectivement le plus beau programme jamais vu de toute l’histoire du patinage masculin. » [Season Best, SB,  he beats his own record. It is indeed the most beautiful program ever seen in the history of men's skating.]
  • Nelson Monfort : « Alors, nous sommes très fiers sur France Télévision cet après-midi de vous proposer ce chef d’œuvre absolu. Ce programme est à enregistrer dans toutes les écoles du patinage. L’émotion du Nippon se laisse voir sans autres commentaires. (…) ». [So, we are very proud on France Télévision this afternoon to offer you this absolute masterpiece. This program is to be recorded in all skating schools. The emotion of Nippon man can be seen without further comment.]

They are so much in admiration in these comments ! But who wouldn't be impressed ? :animated-smileys-character-075:

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV52YzH9LY8&t=1s

On 7/19/2020 at 5:35 PM, Hope_and_Legacy said:

Hello! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: I know this thread hasn't been touched in such a long time, but I thought I would add in my two cents. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw this, so I can't provide a link. :cry: I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where/who the quote is from! And sorry, it's not quite word for word since it's based completely from my unstable memory and is translated from Chinese(?) I think. (I remember the commentator being Chinese, but IDRK :59227c768286a__s:)

I honestly just really love this quote, because to me, it very realistically describes Yuzuru. He's been through so much: asthma, the disaster of 2011, injuries before/during competition, surgeries, unfair judging, and just so much more. But every time, he keeps getting back up and pushing forwards, and he takes the world by storm. 

I'm so thankful that we have such insightful commentators as this one (and, of course, Max & Angelo Ci) and that they give us such beautiful quotes! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Please let me know if you're aware of where this quote is from so that i can provide a source! :thanks:

Upon a quick Google search, I think I found a clip of some Japanese coverage of that moment? I'm pretty sure the original one is from CCTV, but of course, I'm not 100% sure. And here's a Chinese link of that Japanese coverage lol-- it's a bit clearer in quality: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20832701

And according to another tweet, it might've been the commentator Chen Ying?

It should be the same commentator that did this one:

Hope I'm not spreading any misinformation! But yes, such a beautiful quote at such a fitting moment to describe Yuzuru's triumph. c: 

Edit: I found the original! https://www.bilibili.com/video/av40993266?p=28 Her commentary starts at around 5:20. :)

3 hours ago, Marie-E said:

Hello,

Thank you Hope_and_Legacy for this quote inspiring ! Unfortunately I can't help you with the source. 

Other comments ? During the free program at WC 2017, in Helsinki, there were also observations from French commentators on France TV: Nelson Monfort, Philippe Candeloro and Annick Dumont. That was when Yuzu was performing on Hope and Legacy. Here are some samples that I like :

• Nelson Monfort : « Son classement après le programme court ne lui laisse pas nécessairement entrevoir le titre mais avec lui, sait-on jamais… Quadruples sauts au programme et une grâce artistique à nul autre pareil. Pour l’Empire du soleil levant : Yuzuru Hanyu ! »  [His ranking after the short program doesn't necessarily give him a glimpse of the title but with him, you never know... Quadruple jumps in the program and an artistic grace like no other. For the Empire of the Rising Sun: Yuzuru Hanyu! ]
  •  Nelson Monfort : « Woaw ! Ce programme est un chef d’œuvre, ce programme est un chef d’œuvre absolu (…) » [Wow! This program is a masterpiece, this program is an absolute masterpiece...]
  •  Philippe Candeloro : « Oui, c’est phénoménal car il a ajouté des sauts qui n’étaient pas prévus mais il les assume, il les assure. Un très beau combat sportif que nous sommes en train de vivre aujourd’hui. » [Yes, it's phenomenal because he added jumps that were not planned but he assumes them, he assures them. It's a very beautiful sporting fight that we are experiencing today. »]
  • Nelson Monfort, at the end of the program : « Vous allez entendre l’ovation, vous allez entendre l’ovation. Extraordinaire, extraordinaire, Yuzuru Hanyu. Les drapeaux japonais qui se lèvent comme un seul. Le seul qui reste un petit peu calme dans ces circonstances, cela a l’air d’être le principal intéressé. Annick et Philippe sont debout (…) » [You're going to hear the applause, you're going to hear the applause. Extraordinary, extraordinary, Yuzuru Hanyu. The Japanese flags rising as one. The only one who remains a little quiet in these circumstances, that seems to be the main interested person.  (...)]
  • Annick Dumont : « C’était le plus beau programme jamais vu dans le patinage sénior masculin. » [It was the most beautiful program ever seen in senior men's skating.]
  • Annick Dumont, when the scores were shown : « Et voilà. Season Best, SB, c’est-à-dire qu’il bat son propre record. C’est effectivement le plus beau programme jamais vu de toute l’histoire du patinage masculin. » [Season Best, SB,  he beats his own record. It is indeed the most beautiful program ever seen in the history of men's skating.]
  • Nelson Monfort : « Alors, nous sommes très fiers sur France Télévision cet après-midi de vous proposer ce chef d’œuvre absolu. Ce programme est à enregistrer dans toutes les écoles du patinage. L’émotion du Nippon se laisse voir sans autres commentaires. (…) ». [So, we are very proud on France Télévision this afternoon to offer you this absolute masterpiece. This program is to be recorded in all skating schools. The emotion of Nippon man can be seen without further comment.]

They are so much in admiration in these comments ! But who wouldn't be impressed ? :animated-smileys-character-075:

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV52YzH9LY8&t=1s

Your welcome! And it's okay, I had a hard time finding the source as well, but Yuzublaze has just given it to me. Those quotes about H&L are lovely. Thank you for sharing!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hope_and_Legacy said:

This is the CCTV coverage of Yuzu’s PyeongChang Olympics Seimei with the quote that you are looking for with English subtitles.

https://streamable.com/l3j0y

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2020 at 1:35 AM, Hope_and_Legacy said:

Please do add, if i think about it, there were many comments about yuzu from toshi, phush, commentators and other people that he worked with but i cannot keep up after some time