Interesting Comments Thread

Bilge

Hi everyone! You know the times when words fail to describe Yuzuru's skating, right? At that point, some creative commentators save us with their funny and interesting comments. This is a thread for those that you can't forget. 

I want to start this with my favourite Johnny Weir comments. Also feel free to add the ones you liked:thanks:

"It looked like water...suspended in soup."

"... when he put forth what was the fourth highest score in a short program ever, you know who owns the top 3?"

"Yuzuru Hanyu?"

"He does."

"agile like a freshly born kitten"

"Liquid silk on ice."

Joanne Conway: He is the perfect concoction of power, grace, strength, technical precision...if you had a machine that created figure skaters, it would probably produce Yuzuru Hanyu.

Some of the choreographic touches, only the most confident of skaters can pull that off, and if you have a horror of a day on the technical front, you'd feel a bit silly doing some of that, but such is his confidence in his technical ability, he is never going to look silly out there.

eta: nooo the sound was turned off :(

My most favorite by Massimiliano Ambesi: Welcome to the planet Hanyu. Population number is one. Only him.

Max always said tgis after Yuzu's good perfomances. Also he is such a Yuzu's fanboy when Yuzu skates clean xD

It's not word to word quote I'll change it when I"ll return home from work. But I looove this quote

the b.esp one of this is nice too. I like watching Yuzu's programs without commentary and with different commentators. 

Basically the whole thing. :laughing:

Kurt: That was an honor to watch. 

female commentator: We ran out of superlatives for this program. 

aside from getting emo watching this, I got a little laugh at their comment. 

"Only Yuzuru can take a mistake and turn it to something beautiful"

"You can tell he has a lot of spins in that program, because his hair was neat and tidy when he started."

"Spin hair!" :LOL:

3 hours ago, Lilona said:

My most favorite by Massimiliano Dolfini: Welcome to the planet Hanyu. Population number is one. Only him.

Max always said tgis after Yuzu's good perfomances. Also he is such a Yuzu's fanboy when Yuzu skates clean xD

It's not word to word quote I'll change it when I"ll return home from work. But I looove this quote

That's Massimiliano Ambesi. 

Dolfini's name is Angelo, he's the other commentator!

During warm-up before the free skate at Worlds last year, the Hungarian commentator of M4 Sport praised Yuzuru's Hope and Legacy costume and he said it it was a beautiful, a piece of art. (He went on to praise his skating and performance after the free skate). It was a historic comment because a 1. male commentator said it 2. in a country in which people usually prefer manly costumes...