10 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Oh awesome! 

Does anyone know when the schedules are typically released? 

The schedule was available as early as the 29th of September last year with the first round of lottery applications open from the 28th of October. 

13 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

The schedule was available as early as the 29th of September last year with the first round of lottery applications open from the 28th of October. 

Oh yes, the dreaded lotteries of doom *cries in Japanese*

I'm glad they've put it in Osaka since it's fairly central. I'll be in Tokyo around Christmas time so it'll be pretty straightforward getting to Osaka. Plus Osaka has awesome food and shopping :dancingpooh:

By the way, what determines how many times you can enter the lottery? Is it limited to IPNs? 

44 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Oh yes, the dreaded lotteries of doom *cries in Japanese*

I'm glad they've put it in Osaka since it's fairly central. I'll be in Tokyo around Christmas time so it'll be pretty straightforward getting to Osaka. Plus Osaka has awesome food and shopping :dancingpooh:

By the way, what determines how many times you can enter the lottery? Is it limited to IPNs? 

It's email/phone number, I think. How's your Japanese? If the lottery and sales aren't fruitful there's a chance to get a ticket from someone who can no longer go if you keep an eye out on Twitter. From what I've noticed, a lot of people seem to offer the option to either pick up from them on the day at the venue or in the suburbs of Tokyo, so if you'll be in Japan anyway you might get lucky. :)If you have friends in Japan they could help you enter the resale lottery for digital tickets, too.

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's email/phone number, I think. How's your Japanese? If the lottery and sales aren't fruitful there's a chance to get a ticket from someone who can no longer go if you keep an eye out on Twitter. From what I've noticed, a lot of people seem to offer the option to either pick up from them on the day at the venue or in the suburbs of Tokyo, so if you'll be in Japan anyway you might get lucky. :)If you have friends in Japan they could help you enter the resale lottery for digital tickets, too.

Good idea! My Japanese is meh but it's there. How do you normally keep track of Japanese sellers on Twitter? Any buzzwords to search for? 

45 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Good idea! My Japanese is meh but it's there. How do you normally keep track of Japanese sellers on Twitter? Any buzzwords to search for? 

I'd just keep a search open for just 全日本 once tickets are out, even if it brings up irrelevant stuff, and just refresh like a madwoman until you finslly score something. Have a response ready to go so you can try to be the first one in. 

I'm really thinking of trying go to Nationals now if I can. Flights to Vancouver are over $2000 return from here and although Moscow/Helsinki flights are a bit cheaper I don't think I can handle 24hr travel, especially as I want to take my parents. If I could at least find a way to get tickets for them, even just for the gala, it might be a nice Christmas present. :10815002:

ETA But no practices. :13877886: I really want to meet the 黒い子...

ETA2 A stop in New Zealand makes GPF a lot cheaper! Hmmm... decisions decisions...

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm really thinking of trying go to Nationals now if I can. Flights to Vancouver are over $2000 return from here and although Moscow/Helsinki flights are a bit cheaper I don't think I can handle 24hr travel, especially as I want to take my parents. If I could at least find a way to get tickets for them, even just for the gala, it might be a nice Christmas present. :10815002:

ETA But no practices. :13877886: I really want to meet the 黒い子...

Yup now that GP events are out of the question for me, I'm going to go all out for Nats :10742286:

Are Vancouver return trips really that expensive? I randomly checked on Google Flights the other day and a return ticket seemed to hover around $1300ish?

I'm probably going to fly return to Vancouver from Japan. I think I saw some airfares for $800 return out of Japan 

3 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Yup now that GP events are out of the question for me, I'm going to go all out for Nats :10742286:

Are Vancouver return trips really that expensive? I randomly checked on Google Flights the other day and a return ticket seemed to hover around $1300ish?

I'm probably going to fly return to Vancouver from Japan. I think I saw some airfares for $800 return out of Japan 

I'm in Melbourne so flights are always extra expensive. Direct from here to Vancouver is only 14 hours but $2000+ return for GPF dates, anything else is 24-40 hours of travel which is just ridiculous. The exception is Air New Zealand which, for some reason, wasn't showing up in any of the searches I did! I had to search on Flight Centre to find it. A stop over in NZ would make it 19 hours total and around $1400 return. NZ is so close that I'm thinking perhaps we could just take a super duper cheapo budget flight there a day or two early so my parents could rest before the long haul. I'd really prefer to take them to Japan because they've got health issues and aren't used to travelling so far but the tickets. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: The ups and downs of having a Fanyu family. Gah, I really wish there was co-ordination between event organisers. I don't think Nationals tickets will go on sale until it's too late to decide the fate of a GPF trip. 

12 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm in Melbourne so flights are always extra expensive. Direct from here to Vancouver is only 14 hours but $2000+ return for GPF dates, anything else is 24-40 hours of travel which is just ridiculous. The exception is Air New Zealand which, for some reason, wasn't showing up in any of the searches I did! I had to search on Flight Centre to find it. A stop over in NZ would make it 19 hours total and around $1400 return. NZ is so close that I'm thinking perhaps we could just take a super duper cheapo budget flight there a day or two early so my parents could rest before the long haul. I'd really prefer to take them to Japan because they've got health issues and aren't used to travelling so far but the tickets. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: The ups and downs of having a Fanyu family. Gah, I really wish there was co-ordination between event organisers. I don't think Nationals tickets will go on sale until it's too late to decide the fate of a GPF trip. 

That's such a sweet thing to do for your parents! 

You could potentially fly domestic to Sydney and take one of the direct flights from here if that makes things easier? 

I think GPF tickets will be easier to secure- its just a matter of whether you'd prefer that to Nats 

2 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

That's such a sweet thing to do for your parents! 

You could potentially fly domestic to Sydney and take one of the direct flights from here if that makes things easier? 

I think GPF tickets will be easier to secure- its just a matter of whether you'd prefer that to Nats 

Never again will I go to Sydney airport. Not after this last trip. :facepalm: Though if it's not a connecting flight and there's a rest in between it might be okay. So many things to consider! I think I'd prefer Nationals and Worlds and that's where I'd be headed if tickets weren't so rare. A person must have at least 5 back-up plans when it comes to seeing Yuzu.

28 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Never again will I go to Sydney airport. Not after this last trip. :facepalm: Though if it's not a connecting flight and there's a rest in between it might be okay. So many things to consider! I think I'd prefer Nationals and Worlds and that's where I'd be headed if tickets weren't so rare. A person must have at least 5 back-up plans when it comes to seeing Yuzu.

Oh gosh, what happened in Sydney airport? :(