Now that Daisuke is coming back, getting tickets will become infinitely more difficult :13877886: 

Let's band together and do our best :hachimaki:

I do think his timing is unfortunate, though.... big announcement the night before Yuzu's award ceremony.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5: Come and throw your life away with me. 

Please count me in. I want to be one of the Fanyu in the Venue TOO. Please god of figure skating provide me strength to go thought the blood bath and get tickets. :sadPooh:

Actually I was planning on applying for Japanese National and Worlds this season (since I can't afford anything in Western countries *cries*) Now the task will get a lotttt more difficult OMG  

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It'll be fiiiiine. Sooo many more Fanyu's in the house this time. :) (Please can I be one of them? You should be one of them too. Where's the enabler emoji?

Actually I doubt that. Most Japanese fans prefer to show LOVE & PEACE when run into affairs. Their courage only come when they are anonymous.

This time I will try to get tickets of National or at least FS program.  Dai's fans you can't even think about how far they dare to do during victory ceremony.:ohno:

The good part is, we are not Japanese. We can defend Yuzu if Japanese are too nervous to do so.:hachimaki:

15 minutes ago, supphear said:

Actually I doubt that. Most Japanese fans prefer to show LOVE & PEACE when run into affairs. Their courage only come when they are anonymous.

This time I will try to get tickets of National or at least FS program.  Dai's fans you can't even think about how far they dare to do during victory ceremony.:ohno:

The good part is, we are not Japanese. We can defend Yuzu if Japanese are too nervous to do so.:hachimaki:

I heard about an incident at Nationals but I’ve never seen video of it. I’m a fan of both skaters and haven’t been actively involved in FS stuff online for long so perhaps I’m missing all the nastiness. I know there are a lot of foreign fans who are fans of both so I’m sure there are plenty of Japanese fans who would be as well. At least I hope so! 

If only Nationals weren't happening on Christmas eve, would love to try for this as well. Will have to catch all the excitement online. But good luck to everyone trying for tickets! Please cheer Yuzu on for all of us! 

I’m hoping for this rather than what everyone else seems to be imagining. :D Christmas miracles!

15 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I heard about an incident at Nationals but I’ve never seen video of it. I’m a fan of both skaters and haven’t been actively involved in FS stuff online for long so perhaps I’m missing all the nastiness. I know there are a lot of foreign fans who are fans of both so I’m sure there are plenty of Japanese fans who would be as well. At least I hope so! 

Let me tell you how terrible it is. The live stream of victory ceremony was cut for 5-10 minutes to avoid being seen by all the audiences then. Till now Japanese TV station hasn't issue any frames of the missing part. And they throw WHITE towel on Yuzu's head which is exactly Japanese and Chinese will do to a DEAD body!!!

7 minutes ago, supphear said:

Let me tell you how terrible it is. The live stream of victory ceremony was cut for 5-10 minutes to avoid being seen by all the audiences then. Till now Japanese TV station hasn't issue any frames of the missing part. And they throw WHITE towel on Yuzu's head which is exactly Japanese and Chinese will do to a DEAD body!!!

Spoiler

OT But could that perhaps be confused with this video from 2015? Or has this happened more than once? 

23 minutes ago, supphear said:

Wowww...I wasn't around back then. I never thought it was that bad.

I've tried looking for 2012 Nats on youtube but found no booing, if they cut the booing part then that makes sense.

51 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

Wowww...I wasn't around back then. I never thought it was that bad.

I've tried looking for 2012 Nats on youtube but found no booing, if they cut the booing part then that makes sense.

I don't want to dig up the past but I think it's hard not to when we need to explain why the 2012 Nationals in Osaka carries a trauma for the older fans. It's nothing against Dai it's mostly that small contingent of his fans who can be really savage and vocal (I mean when have you ever heard Japanese people booing anyone?) that yes, Fuji actually censored parts of the medal ceremony. His expression in winning his first Nationals title is heartbreaking...

Spoiler

ETA: I've decided to be optimistic in thinking nothing of this sorts will happen again and hoping we get fluffy Nationals this year! (except for the ladies field because oh boy... that field is deep and 3 spots are not enough)

9 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I don't want to dig up the past but I think it's hard not to when we need to explain why the 2012 Nationals in Osaka carries a trauma for the older fans. It's nothing against Dai it's mostly that small contingent of his fans who can be really savage and vocal (I mean when have you ever heard Japanese people booing anyone?) that yes, Fuji actually censored parts of the medal ceremony. His expression in winning his first Nationals title is heartbreaking...

Hide contents

ETA: I've decided to be optimistic in thinking nothing of this sorts will happen again and hoping we get fluffy Nationals this year! (except for the ladies field because oh boy... that field is deep and 3 spots are not enough)

Yes, when i watched this video and saw his face... gods! I ranted about this in the private group thread and i don't want to say anything negative "publicly" so i'll just say, "GODS!!!!" 

To think it was his first National title, he might have been traumatized. I think this could be one of the reasons why Yuzu said he doesn't want to do nationals with Shoma. He's perhaps thinking that when he and Shoma faces off in the Nationals, no matter who wins between them, their fans, and media especially, would make such a big fuss about it. 

This makes Takahashi's comeback "relieving" for me. I sincerely hope they get to enjoy their competition in their own country. 

But if there's any anti who dares bully Yuzu in his own country, i fervently hope our fellow Japanese fanyus (and the lucky international fans who'd, by some miracle, get tickets to be there) drown them out by showering Yuzu with cheers of love and adoration. 

11 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Here's an example of how low some people would go to hurt Yuzu. Go to 0:35. 

"Living well is the best revenge..." for everything that the bitter, jealous or hostile throw at him, Yuzu does Herbert's words proud, doesn't he?