18 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Oh gosh, what happened in Sydney airport? :(

This is super OT now so :D

Spoiler

Well, my flight to Sydney was delayed by over half an hour and once there I had to wait for a shuttle bus to transfer to the international terminal where there were absolute morons holding up security check, then I had to run and run and run as I heard my name and "LAST CALL LAST CALL LAST CALL" over the speakers and I nearly puked all over the staff at the boarding gate because running that much on 4 hours sleep is not great. Repeat on the way back because the plane couldn't get to a gate so we had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal where all the self-passporty machine thingies were broken then I had to wait 45 minutes for my suitcase to show up while I got targeted by a nasty little customs officer and technically missed bag drop off (though they gave in and let me drop it off anyway) then ANOTHER shuttle bus to the domestic terminal and thank god someone had the decency to hold the plane this time because no way in hell was I running again.

:Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup:

Can't they just rebuild it so you don't need to catch buses back and forth? Dear lord, it's a mess.

ETA

Direct flight Sydney to Vancouver $1300

Direct flight Melbourne to Vancouver $2100

Melbourne to Vancouver via Aukland $1400

Melbourne to Vancouver via Sydney with checked luggage around $1600, not including any hotel costs

Who decides these prices? o_o

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is super OT now so :D

Hide contents

Well, my flight to Sydney was delayed by over half an hour and once there I had to wait for a shuttle bus to transfer to the international terminal where there were absolute morons holding up security check, then I had to run and run and run as I heard my name and "LAST CALL LAST CALL LAST CALL" over the speakers and I nearly puked all over the staff at the boarding gate because running that much on 4 hours sleep is not great. Repeat on the way back because the plane couldn't get to a gate so we had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal where all the self-passporty machine thingies were broken then I had to wait 45 minutes for my suitcase to show up while I got targeted by a nasty little customs officer and technically missed bag drop off (though they gave in and let me drop it off anyway) then ANOTHER shuttle bus to the domestic terminal and thank god someone had the decency to hold the plane this time because no way in hell was I running again.

:Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup:

Can't they just rebuild it so you don't need to catch buses back and forth? Dear lord, it's a mess.

ETA

Direct flight Sydney to Vancouver $1300

Direct flight Melbourne to Vancouver $2100

Melbourne to Vancouver via Aukland $1400

Melbourne to Vancouver via Sydney with checked luggage around $1600, not including any hotel costs

Who decides these prices? o_o

Spoiler

That's horrible :( I hope seeing Yuzu in person was enough to make up for that crappy airport experience :/ 

And yeah, those airfares are out of whack :facepalm:  

GP vs Nationals.

Why so limited leaves??? (I'm not complaining about money becos I intend to make myself a home in train tunnel for retirement). 

Work schedule indicate Moscow but apparently tickets are hard to get? 

Nationals tickets are even harder to get but I get to use less leave if I fly to Osaka. 

So confirm Nationals have no public sales? I mean public sales to the local Japanese. It's only lottery? 

If I have to look for resale ticket, the cost may make going GP look more worthwhile though. Hm... 

20 hours ago, yumeaki said:

GP vs Nationals.

Why so limited leaves??? (I'm not complaining about money becos I intend to make myself a home in train tunnel for retirement). 

Work schedule indicate Moscow but apparently tickets are hard to get? 

Nationals tickets are even harder to get but I get to use less leave if I fly to Osaka. 

So confirm Nationals have no public sales? I mean public sales to the local Japanese. It's only lottery? 

If I have to look for resale ticket, the cost may make going GP look more worthwhile though. Hm... 

I can't remember about the sales but I do remember a couple of lottery rounds so even if there was a final sale after that it would be pretty impossible, I think.

It's a shame to have to travel so far and switch time zones but I think a GP would be easier in terms of tickets, for sure. You wouldn't want to bet everything on Nationals and miss out on the GP. Tickets are released quite late for Japanese competitions compared to other countries so there's not much time to work out a back-up competition to attend if you miss out. 

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I can't remember about the sales but I do remember a couple of lottery rounds so even if there was a final sale after that it would be pretty impossible, I think.

It's a shame to have to travel so far and switch time zones but I think a GP would be easier in terms of tickets, for sure. You wouldn't want to bet everything on Nationals and miss out on the GP. Tickets are released quite late for Japanese competitions compared to other countries so there's not much time to work out a back-up competition to attend if you miss out. 

Speaking of lotteries, how do seating allocations work? Do you apply for a general lottery for all events or are there separate lotteries for each event? And in the case that you win, do you get allocated a random seat? 

22 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Speaking of lotteries, how do seating allocations work? Do you apply for a general lottery for all events or are there separate lotteries for each event? And in the case that you win, do you get allocated a random seat? 

All event tickets for NHK last year were only available as e-tickets which required a Japanese mobile phone number so you'll likely have to apply for individual days. There weren't even any all event tickets in the foreign sale so apart from Worlds I think it's like this for all Japanese competitions, unfortunately. 

Seating is randomly allocated within a designated section like Premium, SS, S, A etc. I was iffy about the random seating at first but it takes so much of the stress and disappointment out of everything! During the lottery application process you can select up to three seating preferences per day. I wonder if there's a trick to maximising your chances depending on the order of your preferences. I'd like to apply for two tickets but I'm worried that will reduce my chances as well. :14066882:

Honestly, I'm so infatuated with the fairy, I'm thinking of at least trying to go to the gala. And it will be on Christmas Eve, I think! A beautiful fairy to put on top of the Christmas tree! 

37 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

All event tickets for NHK last year were only available as e-tickets which required a Japanese mobile phone number so you'll likely have to apply for individual days. There weren't even any all event tickets in the foreign sale so apart from Worlds I think it's like this for all Japanese competitions, unfortunately. 

Seating is randomly allocated within a designated section like Premium, SS, S, A etc. I was iffy about the random seating at first but it takes so much of the stress and disappointment out of everything! During the lottery application process you can select up to three seating preferences per day. I wonder if there's a trick to maximising your chances depending on the order of your preferences. I'd like to apply for two tickets but I'm worried that will reduce my chances as well. :14066882:

Honestly, I'm so infatuated with the fairy, I'm thinking of at least trying to go to the gala. And it will be on Christmas Eve, I think! A beautiful fairy to put on top of the Christmas tree! 

Oh awesome! So you can at least preference a section :) So excited to see Yuzu's gala program in real life :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

There must be a trick to the preferences system :/ I would imagine that most people would apply for premium seating which would reduce the chances of getting it compared to the other sections.

21 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Oh awesome! So you can at least preference a section :) So excited to see Yuzu's gala program in real life :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

There must be a trick to the preferences system :/ I would imagine that most people would apply for premium seating which would reduce the chances of getting it compared to the other sections.

I think there would be a fair number of people who apply for the cheaper seats, too. It's so hard to know what to do! I feel like because we have to travel so far that perhaps getting seats way up the back wouldn't be worth it but I thought the stand and watch view (behind the last row of balcony seats) in Kanazawa and Nagano was a lot better than I expected so... hmmm. Difficult decisions! I'd love to find a forwarding company that would handle CoD payments so getting resale tickets would be easier but I haven't had any luck yet. 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Um.... Nationals will be in Osaka? :slinkaway:

Yup, at the Ractab Dome. Is that okay? >_> 

12 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yup, at the Ractab Dome. Is that okay? >_> 

Errrrr... bad memories from the last time Yuzu and Dai competed at Nationals held in Osaka.....

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Errrrr... bad memories from the last time Yuzu and Dai competed at Nationals held in Osaka.....

It'll be fiiiiine. Sooo many more Fanyu's in the house this time. :) (Please can I be one of them? You should be one of them too. Where's the enabler emoji?

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It'll be fiiiiine. Sooo many more Fanyu's in the house this time. :) (Please can I be one of them? You should be one of them too. Where's the enabler emoji?

It'll be a bloodbath though.. haha (and it's during Christmas...)

ETA: You're such an enabling banana.. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

17 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

It'll be a bloodbath though.. haha (and it's during Christmas...)

ETA: You're such an enabling banana.. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5: Come and throw your life away with me.