Hi guys!

I'm hoping to attend Japan Nationals at the end of this year but I have no clue where to start. :english2: Has anyone been before or managed to get tickets? Do they even offer tickets to foreigners or is it strictly restricted to Japanese residents? I'm going to Japan and Europe from late November to Feb but unfortunately the only comp in those areas during that time period is Nationals :headdesk2:

I'd really appreciate any advice/knowledge! Obviously it's still early days but I figured why not start thinking about it now? :9:

They don't have a separate sale for foreigners for Nationals like they do for NHK/GPF/Worlds but you might be able to enter the lottery online as long as you have a Japanese telephone number. Some Japanese travel agents may also be able to enter on your behalf.

It's very, very difficult to get tickets to any figure skating event in Japan so if you definitely want to go to a competition next season you might want to have a plan B in case you miss out. Good luck! 

31 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

They don't have a separate sale for foreigners for Nationals like they do for NHK/GPF/Worlds but you might be able to enter the lottery online as long as you have a Japanese telephone number. Some Japanese travel agents may also be able to enter on your behalf.

It's very, very difficult to get tickets to any figure skating event in Japan so if you definitely want to go to a competition next season you might want to have a plan B in case you miss out. Good luck! 

Awesome, I might try contacting some travel agents to see what my options are. There aren't any other comps that line up with my dates (I wish I could go to NHK trophy but it's during my exam period :2:) so I might as well go all out! 

Otherwise I might have to try my luck for the 2019-2020 season. 

14 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Awesome, I might try contacting some travel agents to see what my options are. There aren't any other comps that line up with my dates (I wish I could go to NHK trophy but it's during my exam period :2:) so I might as well go all out! 

Otherwise I might have to try my luck for the 2019-2020 season. 

If you need any help once ticket information is released, let me know. :) I went all out for all the Japanese lotteries last year so I've got a bit of experience (though I didn't have any luck with any of them, unfortunately.) That's usually not until quite close to the competition so you've got awhile to prepare. :)

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, SparkleSalad said:

I have a Japanese phone number. How do I get in on these lottery things? Do I need to be registered with PIA?

12 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

I have a Japanese phone number. How do I get in on these lottery things? Do I need to be registered with PIA?

I only know how to use the Lawson site because it's the only one I know of that accepts foreign credit cards. You don't need to register - that happens during the lottery application/general sale process. If you have a Japanese mobile phone number then you're very lucky as you have the option to apply not just for etickets and paper tickets but also mobile phone tickets. There are also chances to enter official lotteries for resale tickets which, whether eticket, paper, or mobile, are all converted to mobile tickets to be redistributed. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I only know how to use the Lawson site because it's the only one I know of that accepts foreign credit cards. You don't need to register - that happens during the lottery application/general sale process. If you have a Japanese mobile phone number then you're very lucky as you have the option to apply not just for etickets and paper tickets but also mobile phone tickets. There are also chances to enter official lotteries for resale tickets which, whether eticket, paper, or mobile, are all converted to mobile tickets to be redistributed. Sigh.

I might need to ask you for help on walking through all the steps when the tickets go on sale.

Just now, asiacheetah said:

I might need to ask you for help on walking through all the steps when the tickets go on sale.

No problem. Happy to help. :)

1 hour ago, asiacheetah said:

When is the Japan Nationals?

I'm not sure if the actual dates have been released yet, but normally Nationals are held in the week of Christmas! Usually between Dec 23-27 :)

Sad :( I'm obliged to be in Australia in Christmas... Well, getting a ticket is probably impossible anyway.  At least I'll be in a closer timezone, don't have to getup at 2AM like the last Oly.

Well, shoutout to other Aussies: we can have a meetup and watch it together! :) 

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think going to H&F fried my brain because I’m thinking of trying for Nationals now. :facepalm: 

:peekapooh:do it