Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello everyone!

I was occasionally reading Fan Fest on GS, without registration. But how can I ignore Planet Hanyu?

May this forum live long and peacefully)

Hi! I'm new to FS. I don't know anything about FS until Jan. '17 after I watched a recommended YT video on Yuzu's Olympic WR SP. I was so mesmerized by Yuzu's smooth and fast skating, his effortless jumps, and his youthful energy. If you've asked me last year, I would've said that FS is so boring especially for men...all stiff forms and not flexible at all :grin: . Plus I don't like to ice skate and no one I know is a FS fan. I told my fiancé, who thinks that I'm obsessed with Yuzu cuz of his looks, "He is just so talented. I admire his ambitions and all of his achievements despite the circumstances." I also watched other skaters and while I like Javi, Shoma, Boyang, and Patrick too, I'm only captivated and deeply touched by Yuzu's skating and his passion. I also didn't like his programs at first this season since the music and interpretation looked awkward but at GPF & World, he really persuaded me and I totally love it now. :love: He really is a genius on ice and always always improving. :bow:

So a big Thank You for creating this forum! :s_drinks

Guest turquoiseblue

Welcome, kiki, omn119, kaaaaaaat, Arwen and icepeony! :clap: Have fun here :yay:

Hello all, I just made my first and last post at the other place so figured it was time to stop lurking and introduce myself properly here.

I'm Ahlai, or Lai. I've been a figure skating fan as long as I can remember, competed as a child but sadly we moved away from my rink and couldn't find a new one, the old familiar story, eh? Figure skating isn't really broadcast here outside the Olympics but I have fond memories of staying up way past bedtime to watch what occasional snippets we were granted. Life, the universe and lack of a TV led to me falling away from skating for a long while but I'm back for good now thanks to Youtube and my daughter's persistent gushing over Yuna Kim and some kid named Hanyu :roll:

I fell in love with Yuzu's skating pretty much at first sight (he makes it look so easy :cry:) and then discovered what an adorable little dork he is off ice as well and was done for. Now I'm back to staying/getting up at ungodly hours to watch streams in languages I don't understand from places I can only dream of visiting and I'm loving every minute.

I'm something of a chronic lurker but I'm looking forwards to being part of this fab, crazy community in my own quiet way. :wave:

I just realized I've never introduced myself. Hi there! I'm a pretty new FS fan. While I've followed figure skating for many many years and had favorites in the past (Michelle Kwan, Yuna Kim, Shen/Zao), it wasn't until I started following news on Yuzuru that I became a big fan. It's all because of our favorite space kitty that I actually joined a FS forum to begin with.

I'm from the US and currently live in Japan. A good place to be to be a Yuzuru fan I think. :)

Hello everyone!

My name is edamame.

Actually I posted only once on FF in GS to say thank you to the creators of Annotated H&L video.

(At that time, my username was waran.)

And now, I thank you so much for making such a lovely new home for Yuzu fans!

I think I've been a fan of Yuzu since 2011 COR.

My personal experience to see him skate was just only once, which was DOI at Yokohama in 2012.

He skated his new EX "Hello" for the first time at the show.

My impression of him was:

"Thin! Veeerrry thin!" (He's wearing all black costume at the opening)

"Wow! The new EX is a rock number...how cool his move is...wow, perfect 3A! Yagudin-ish steps!"

"OMG he started to take off his T-shirt...and threeww iiittt!!!" (Audience in panic)

That was a magical night.

I may not post often, but I am so happy to share our love and support for Yuzu!

Hello everyone!

Thank you for this wonderful forum. I've been a lurker for a while and finally made up my mind to introduce myself. Sorry if my English sounds weird and I'm not a very sociable person. >_<

I hocheese holely don't know when I became a casual FS viewer. The first program I can remember is from Lu Chen from the Nagano Olympics. I tried some skating when I was on an exchange program in Canada but could hardly stay on my feet. _(:зゝ∠)_ From then on I only watched figure skating when I come across a live broadcast on TV until November last year.

I was switching channels randomly while waiting for a variety show when I saw NHK H&L. And I ...exploded. I can never describe the serenity or whatever feeling that struck me that I just wanted to see it again right away. I went back to watch other programs on the Internet but they just didn't create the heartbeat of that exact moment that caught me, not even SEIMEI. I mean, SEIMEI is perfection. I rewatched all his programs many times, but I guess they just can't exceed H&L within me. At that time I was studying in Japan so I immediately lost my mind and booked a ticket to Osaka for Japan Nationals but...You knew what happened. (Anyway, I had a great time in USJ :P)

It's funny how I first came across Yuzu's name in a poll on a Chinese forum for "The most beautiful Japanese name you've ever seen". I know I'm a relatively new fan and I have a lot to catch up on the technical side, but my respect for him grows every day. (Though Worlds almost gave me a heartattck...) I wish one day I can watch him skate live like many of you since financially I can only manage CoC this year. T^T

Thank you again for creating this new home. It's very nice to see Yuzu so loved and have a place to share support for him!

Hello everyone!

Thank you for this wonderful forum. I've been a lurker for a while and finally made up my mind to introduce myself. Sorry if my English sounds weird and I'm not a very sociable person. >_<

I hocheese holely don't know when I became a casual FS viewer. The first program I can remember is from Lu Chen from the Nagano Olympics. I tried some skating when I was on an exchange program in Canada but could hardly stay on my feet. _(:зゝ∠)_ From then on I only watched figure skating when I come across a live broadcast on TV until November last year.

I was switching channels randomly while waiting for a variety show when I saw NHK H&L. And I ...exploded. I can never describe the serenity or whatever feeling that struck me that I just wanted to see it again right away. I went back to watch other programs on the Internet but they just didn't create the heartbeat of that exact moment that caught me, not even SEIMEI. I mean, SEIMEI is perfection. I rewatched all his programs many times, but I guess they just can't exceed H&L within me. At that time I was studying in Japan so I immediately lost my mind and booked a ticket to Osaka for Japan Nationals but...You knew what happened. (Anyway, I had a great time in USJ :P)

It's funny how I first came across Yuzu's name in a poll on a Chinese forum for "The most beautiful Japanese name you've ever seen". I know I'm a relatively new fan and I have a lot to catch up on the technical side, but my respect for him grows every day. (Though Worlds almost gave me a heartattck...) I wish one day I can watch him skate live like many of you since financially I can only manage CoC this year. T^T

Thank you again for creating this new home. It's very nice to see Yuzu so loved and have a place to share support for him!

Hi norwhite and welcome to the forum! :space:

Your English is excellent, don't worry! :)

It's very nice to hear that Hope and Legacy made such a positive impression on you and that it was love at first sight with the program. It's one of my favourite LPs of his too! :love:

Hello from Hong Kong!

Million thanks to all the people who make such a wonderful planet for everything about the one and only Yuzuru Hanyu.

I am a fan for Japanese comics and animation, and I focus on team sports.

I knew nothing about figure skating or skaters when I fell for Yuri on Ice.

I still have a lot to catch up but I have a feeling that I will become more interested in figure skating than the animation that drew me to Yuzuru in the first place.

Once again, better late than never.

I feel lucky getting to know Yuzuru.

Welcome, dd2_edge and norwhite! The more, the merrier! :s_drinks

And norwhite, I also prefer H&L to Seimei. It's so serene and spellbinding, very special. Though H&L has yet to trump The Swan in my eyes.

Hello from Hong Kong!

Million thanks to all the people who make such a wonderful planet for everything about the one and only Yuzuru Hanyu.

I still have a lot to catch up but I have a feeling that I will become more interested in figure skating than the animation that drew me to Yuzuru in the first place.

Wow, another Yuzu in the vicinity (I'm from Macau) :pbow:

Welcome to all new members!!

Hello from Hong Kong!

Wow, another Yuzu in the vicinity (I'm from Macau) :pbow:

Welcome to all new members!!

Hello!I came across another Yuzu fan on Weibo, who is from HK. But I don't know if she's on the planet.