Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello! I'm Solea (or Fen). I'm from the USA and I discovered Yuzu during the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics! Since then, I've been a fan of his, but I'm only just recently getting into figure skating as a whole, but it's quickly become one of my favorite sports to watch! I'm looking forward to learning more about figure skating with everyone! I'm hoping to post lots of fanart here, if there's a section on the forums for that! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

2 hours ago, Solea said:

I'm hoping to post lots of fanart here, if there's a section on the forums for that! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

Welcome, Solea! There is a section for fan art:

Looking forward to seeing your creations!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm Yan. I finally decided to make an account here after Beijing although I've known Yuzu since.. around 2013 when he blew up on Tumblr? I would watch his skating on and off over the years usually centered around the Olympics where I start bingeing the last quad's stuff because his skating soothed me like no other's. This time around I truly realized how much his skating spoke to me and his Beijing practices where he revisited everything made me remember all those feelings from when I first watched his skates. :') In my spare time these days I've just been staring at the new videos that are popping up on Bilibili and catching up on missed content in the last while.

So, while it's incredibly late now, I want to join the ride fully for the remainder of his journey and wherever he wants to go from here along with like-minded people on planethanyu (which I've lurked on countless times in the past sjsdhd the new look is spiffy)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm aemlai and I'm based in England. I've been absolutely loving the Saturday livestreams and have been reading the forums for a while now, and finally decided to join! I absolutely love the archival work Planet Hanyu does - thank you so much for making it possible to watch so many of Yuzu's performances and interviews!

I became a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu after the Beijing Olympics!  I thought yuzu's performance was wonderful.

I really enjoyed yuzu's performance.

I've been watching a lot of his old shows.Wonderful artist!  I will always support yuzu.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Planetary Satellites

Really nice to meet you all

I'm new to forums and joined PH because I'm looking for news about the Ice Prince Emperor.

Age wise, most definitely Auntie, hence unfamiliar the forums

Sadly, encountered some so called figure skating groups which seemed to revel in a grotesque amount of malicious comments and schadenfeude. Naturally was rather put off and didn't join. Eventually fell into orbit here in the Planet Hanyu system. I confess to being a little apprehensive so lurked for a while, reading the general Yuzuru thread before plucking up the courage to join.

Please bear with me if I get lost amongst the encyclopaedic amount of posts, I may have to ask directions to the correct threads

Hope to contribute to the various topics and threads 

Hace 1 hora, Perelandra said:

Hi Planetary Satellites

Really nice to meet you all

I'm new to forums and joined PH because I'm looking for news about the Ice Prince Emperor.

Age wise, most definitely Auntie, hence unfamiliar the forums

Sadly, encountered some so called figure skating groups which seemed to revel in a grotesque amount of malicious comments and schadenfeude. Naturally was rather put off and didn't join. Eventually fell into orbit here in the Planet Hanyu system. I confess to being a little apprehensive so lurked for a while, reading the general Yuzuru thread before plucking up the courage to join.

Please bear with me if I get lost amongst the encyclopaedic amount of posts, I may have to ask directions to the correct threads

Hope to contribute to the various topics and threads 

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Welcome to Planet Hanyu!!!:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I hope you'll feel safe and at home here!! :img_21:

Hace 3 horas, Perelandra said:

@Yuzu_legend

Thank you 

I',m already enjoying catching up on the General Yuzu thread.

I have been laughing about mezamashi trolling you from way back and hissing Pooh to cite but a few

OMG Mezamashi...hahaha:headdesk:I still see vividly those ducks and the golf player in my nightmares...hahaha...but do you know what's the worst?! I'd still watch Mezamashi any given day if there's the chance they will show some Yuzu...lol...all these years and I have leant nothing!! :embSwan:

@Yuzu_legend Agreed, would definitely watch a 2 hour news/daily show for any info especially wit video/photo of the ice Emperor. I live in UK, hardly anyone follows figure skating. All of the sports interest is football, cricket, rugby, motor and horse racing, little bit of golf/ tennis, some coverage of other sports when an important competition comes up, so there is no news of Yuzu on mainstream news show or anything really.

Really enjoy reading the Daily Spread Eagle, hope that the Paprika plants are under control whilst the Ice Emperor is in seclusion...Hope he is OK

• 2 months later...

Hello! Just finally have a time to wander around the Planet, and seems like newbies should post here first?. And I made a lenghty introduction on the General Thread, sorry about that... Ahh, that last week was a chaos :lol: If one told me a month ago, that I'll be fervently joining a japanese athlete's fangroup, I would laugh at them, 'do I look like a teenager girl fangirling a Japanese/Korean idol?' but here I am. Hanyu is so powerful.....

Name, Fita.

Occupation, (a not so passionate) junior architect.

Age, not telling, but it is an age where Asian aunties and uncles are asking frequently, 'when are you going to be married, you are getting old'. not teenager, obviously XD 

Usually unsociable, and takes longer time to recharge energy and adapting to new environment. Working and living alone in a city where the minimal wage regulation is a national meme (because of how absurdly low it is).

First time knowing Hanyu, because of HOW SMALL HIS WAIST IS on photos I saw after Beijing 2022. Yes, after Beijing - not before. Talk about unlucky, it was his last competition, and I missed that (or maybe it was lucky seeing the loom and gloom the fans had after competition, teehee).

The moment that makes me into Hanyu more, at first it was because I saw that Jnats 2013 medal ceremony. Then I tried to find out more about him, i would say it was drastic change because previously i only watched/googled him in incognito tabs (i still refused to believe i was fangirling, and I didn't want google/youtube to know i am fangirling lol). I thought back then, if I really want to find out what happened on that medal ceremony, I have to spent more time than just random google. The more i read about him, the more I fall in love with him.

Another drastic change on me is....the recent event :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: I think the presscon itself is okay for me, but all the interview afterwards, how Hanyu admitted that he was not happy with his later competitions, it made me really emotional and...... i honestly didn't think i would explode like that in the general thread. I am a shame :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

(ETA: oh look i just found out the salt thread. oh wow nice. oh wow........my salinity.....)

Anyway nice to meet you all! Wish for a nice and enjoyable moments in the Planet! And more blessings for Hanyu the Professional Athlete!

Question: do we have a thread for new fans to ask some random and quick questions? 

There is the glossary section which may answer many of your queries and the archives by year, plus video thread. You may find what you are looking for in those sections and even if you don't find the answers that you seek. The material is worth looking at anyway. Happy browsing.

Reading threads from beginning is also enlightening even if it takes time. 

21 hours ago, Perelandra said:

There is the glossary section which may answer many of your queries and the archives by year, plus video thread. You may find what you are looking for in those sections and even if you don't find the answers that you seek. The material is worth looking at anyway. Happy browsing.

Reading threads from beginning is also enlightening even if it takes time. 

Ah, i haven't check the glossary yet, will go there once i have time! Hanyu has been in public eyes for many years now, there must be lots of materials to indulge in, hihi.

I read the General Thread from the start too, altho for now I am at 1400-ish page, before Hanyu announced his 7.19 decision.... and since then have not feeling peaceful (?) enough to continue reading the earlier thread :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: it is not like I am not in a rush, tho, still taking time to accept all these saltiness. Thank you for your advice, Perelandra!

• 2 months later...