Introductions

Hydroblade

Hi, um hello. My name is Melli. And im new here, like new new. I don't know a thing about figure skating new. I just saw Yuzuru's performances and went on a while binge before the Olympics. If anyone has any advice on how to properly learn about the sport, please let me know. I hope to be on here and supporting Yuzu for a very long time. 

P.s. I know I'm starting this journey very late, but better late than never, I guess. 

19 hours ago, Melli said:

Hi, um hello. My name is Melli. And im new here, like new new. I don't know a thing about figure skating new. I just saw Yuzuru's performances and went on a while binge before the Olympics. If anyone has any advice on how to properly learn about the sport, please let me know. I hope to be on here and supporting Yuzu for a very long time. 

P.s. I know I'm starting this journey very late, but better late than never, I guess. 

Welcome, Melli! It's never too late to fall down the rabbit hole. I'm definitely still learning about the sport but knowledgeable satellites have posted helpful resources in this thread:

um, hi everyone, i kinda lurk here because i don't have my notifs on for PH. i just occasionally come here by time to chat and to raid the videobox :mischief: you can call me Heun, and i am from Vietnam. i knew Yuzu from Jan 2021 and decided to become a fan in Feb 2021 (via participating in the #FanyuGoldenWeek on Twitter lol). i also draw sometimes, mostly Yuzuru fanarts ahahaha (find me on my art twitter @heavensballade ! i hope to make good memories here with everyone :snpeace:

also requiem, tenchi, ballade n rondo are my top fav yuzu programs <3

Hi! my name is ashley or ash:) i started being a fanyu in 2020 and just now found all the connections to the fandom. I found out about yuzu through tiktok and fell in love instantly i loved how elegant he looked on the ice and how much emotion was put in his performances.

A little about me is i’m a sophomore in high 

school that’s aiming for a career in fashion design,  i live in the usa,i love figure skating and i’m starting my journey to do it competitively atleast for fun^^, i have 3 dogs and a pet turtle, my favorite season is winter i love it with a passion, my favorite programs yuzu has preformed is phantom of the opera and haru no koi💕

Im really excited to be here and hope to make friends here 💕

Hi!! I actually got into figure skating in general after watching Yuzuru at the 2014 Olys — but I was mostly lurking on tumblr and using that to keep up to date with competitions and content. No one in my life really cares about the sport unfortunately. I just found out about PH and I’m so excited to about Yuzuru Hanyu and skating in general with people who know what I’m talking about!! ☺️  My favorite they about Yuzu is his lightness on the ice and musicality (and our shared love of Pooh)!

But Outside of watching competitions at 3am I work in biology research and am teaching myself how to draw!!

Hello, I'm a fairly new fan of Yuzuru. I discovered him at around August 2021 during the summer break. I've been watching a lot of anime guys on TikTok lol and I saw a tiktok of Yuzu removing his jacket with his teeth, along with an anime guy from Haikyuu. I found him really sexy and immediately got interested and saw other tiktok videos of him, then discovered that he's a figure skater. Search on YouTube and saw Parisienne Walkways in Sochi, and I was done for haha. I Fell down the rabbit hole and stayed until dawn watching his practices and all of his contents.

About me: I'm not a sports fan, I find watching sport boring. I do like playing some sports, but I hate watching it. But I am a hard-core kpop fan and that's the reason why I was immediately interested in Yuzu. And why I can't find the other skaters interesting, the only ones who got me interested are Kazuki tomono and Donovan carrillo. And when Yuzu retires, I won't really care about fs anymore. Because again, I don't like sports😅

Anyway, I'm 18 and my pronouns are she/her. I'm Filipino but I live in the US. I speak tagalog and English. I'm currently trying to learn Korean. Again, I'm kpop fan and I'm a fan of a lot of groups. But the group I'm focused on right now is Seventeen. I really don't have any friends and I'm not that close with my sisters since they're all adults living somewhere else. So Kpop and now Yuzuru are the only ones who makes me feel that I belong somewhere. 

I'm also an artist who loves and tries all types of art. Including visual arts, literary, dance, music, etc. Which is again why I love kpop and Yuzu. And they're really just amazing "subjects" for all types of artists. And yes, that's me:)

Hello, everyone! I decided to follow Yuzuru Hanyu right before Beijing Olympics 2022. I am new to everything! I am genuinely thankful to Fanyus for dedicating their time and effort to compile and share information about his fs journey. :)

I think I knew Yuzuru Hanyu from Pyeongchang 2018. I have been aware of him for years now, but back then, I did not take the time to learn more about him and figure skating. When the Winter Olympics was coming up, I suddenly remembered him, so I watched one of his programs on Youtube. I cannot remember which video but it was probably Seimei. (At this point, I don't know how many times I have watched it. :laughing:)

I thought he was a great skater. He is THE skater who pulled me in---he made me want to watch his every move and made me curious about fs. Everything he does looks graceful and effortless!

I found myself rooting for Yuzu, especially when I learned about him attempting the 4A. When the men's fs was over, my respect for him grew bigger. I appreciated him more. It feels like it's been such a long time since I last saw a "dreamer." I am getting older, and my life choices tend to be safer and more practical, so seeing Yuzu give his everything to do the 4A truly inspired me. I hope more people, especially younger ones, will get to know him because he has good values that we can emulate.

I am delighted that I got the chance to learn about Yuzu! Now I have a new sport to learn. And maybe try to learn basic skating when the pandemic is over. Thank you to Fanyus for supporting him in his every step. It's nice to be with you all here. Stay healthy! :grouphug2:

Hi Guys. Glad to know you all in PlanetHanyu. I just fell in this Beijing OG. The time when I saw him crying with his back to the camera, leaning on the background wall with Beijing OG logo on it, saying "not reconciled", "nothing rewarded". I tried my best to get more information about him. The more I knew, the more heartbreaking I have been. I hate the unfair score system, I hate the blind judges. They stole the pride away from Yuzu. They made the sports full of ugly deals. However, I can do nothing but supporting him somewhere on the planet. May everything goes well with him. Quick recovery to him. Be happy all you life.

welcome to all the new and not-so-new satellites!:smiley-happy093::loveshower:

my fanyu age is basically the same of this forum and I've grown as a fan together with it, so I'm especially happy to see people join this community <3

Take your time exploring the Planet and catching up with everything Yuzu &FS, there's a lot to know and we're gonna face a long Yuzu drought, so there's no need to rush XD

If you have any question, ask away! And remember that even if PH is usually less wild than socials, you can still cultivate the kind of space that best suits you by choosing which thread and how to engage (competitions threads are usually, for obvious reasons, saltier, especially after protocols get released)

Hope you have fun!:wink_star:

Hello everyone!! 

I discovered Yuzu through a YouTube video of his 2017 Worlds freeskate of Hope and Legacy a few months before the pyeongchang olympics.

I was instantly hooked, and the more I learned about him and his skating the more I fell in love. I remained a casual fan, but this year I decided to try and be less shy and start interacting with others/learning more about the sport, for better or for worse 😅 

A little bit about me, I live in the US currently and have my whole life. I'm in my second year of college, and plan to go to med school to study optometry. I took piano lessons for 10 years, and have been drawing my whole life. I also like to knit, bake, and of course watch figure skating! I'm also always listening to music, whenever I can. 

Currently, my favorite programs are h&l, hyk, ballad no.1, and lgc... though my favorites are always changing! (with the exceptions of h&l which will always remain a favorite). I hope that I can see yuzu compete live one day before he retires, though it might be tricky!

I've always been kind of quiet, but I hope to be able to reach out and make some friends here!! :)

Hi all,

My name is Anabel and I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I've been in the forum shince november 2021.

I met Yuzu at the Barcelona Grand Prix Final in 2015. What I felt at that moment was etched in my heart, Yuzu was what I had always longed for in skating, the correct answer, but like Micchigettda, I didn't go too deep and the years passed. Until last fall, after a turning point in my life, his name came to my mind. I looked it up and the rest is history hahaha Although I have been watching skating since the Plushenko era, my knowledge is very basic.

I'm currently on stress sick leave and trying to redirect my work life so it doesn't keep eating me up (nothing to worry about)

What other things do I like? Doing nothing hahaha My capital sin is laziness and I fully enjoy/practice it. Apart from that, I like Japanese rock (TK from ling tosite sigure, UVERworld, The oral cigarettes, Man with a mission,...)

My passion, apart from Yuzu, Japan. My oldest memory is of me as a child sitting in front of the television watching a documentary about Japan and thinking "This is the place" For now I have only been able to go twice, but I could verify that this feeling was real, this is the place. Although I am fully aware that being a tourist is not the same as living in the country, but it is something that I cannot help but feel or explain.

And, my english is very bad jajajaja

Nice to meet you all. I really love this forum and all the hard work behind it. Thank you very much.

:clapclap4:

Hi everyone.

My name is Margarita, and I'm from Madrid, Spain, although I currently live in the South-East coast (Alicante). I work in the law sector.

I love to travel and to cook.

I discovered Yuzu in 2015/16, and I was mesmerized by his performances, his technique and his artistry. 

But what made me admire and respect him the most was a video of a competition we all don't like to remember (CoC 2014). It was terribly painful to watch, and still is, but, watching it, watching him overcoming the pain and the fear and fighting to the end, I realized Yuzu was not only a great athlete, but a very special person, a real warrior.

I've been watching figure skating for a long time, and I skated when I was a kid, but my knowledge is very basic, too. I'm trying to learn more (sometimes I get confused with the technicalities of the jumps and all that stuff).

Hello everyone ! I'm from France, I discovered Yuzu during Pyeong-Chang, and I never thought I could cry watching figure skating until I watched him skate. Well, not skate, fly. He just flies on the ice, really. Superman got nothing on him.

I've been watching fs on and off since 1998 and regularly since 2018 olympics. I'm lucky to have a Grand Prix event in my country (Internationaux de France) so I'm making it a yearly attendance no matter which skaters compete as of 2021 :cheer:. I don't know what else to say :scratch2:

12 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

Bonjour à tous ! Je viens de France, j'ai découvert Yuzu à Pyeong-Chang, et je n'aurais jamais cru pouvoir pleurer en regardant le patinage artistique jusqu'à ce que je le regarde patiner. Eh bien, pas skate, vole. Il vole juste sur la glace, vraiment. Superman n'a rien contre lui.

Je regarde fs par intermittence depuis 1998 et régulièrement depuis les jeux olympiques de 2018. J'ai la chance d'avoir un Grand Prix dans mon pays (Internationaux de France), donc j'en fais une fréquentation annuelle, peu importe les patineurs qui concourent à partir de 2021 :applaudir:. Je ne sais pas quoi dire d'autre :scratch2:

:wave:  fanyu Française :peace2:  : j'adore le patinage artistique ( et la gymnastique et aussi savourer des ballets classique )  et le plus loin que je voyais à la tv est le merveilleux couple G&G et depuis que je me suis formée à l'informatique en 2009/10 ( je ne suis pas de la génération ordinateur , vu mon âge " canonique " de presque 62 ans et jeune dans la tête et mes pensées ) j'ai admiré Yuzu par youtube ( et bien d'autres ) et " scotchée " devant sa grâce  et tout ce qui a été écrit sur lui et les JO 2014/2018/2022 

Just now, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  fanyu French  :peace2:  : I love figure skating (and gymnastics and also enjoying classical ballet) and the furthest I've seen on tv is the wonderful couple G&G and since I trained in computers in 2009/10 (I'm not from the computer generation, given my "canonical" age of almost 62 and young in my head and my thoughts) I admired Yuzu on youtube (and many others) and "stuck" in front of his grace and everything that has been written about him and the 2014/2018/2022 Olympics 

OUPPPSSSS, I resume : oh yes “FLY YUZU”  :winky: : are you talking about Marseille internationals? and the next world championships 2022 too and you forget those of 2012 in Nice where we saw the very young happy and talented Yuzu and my name is Isabelle, I am home help for people of all ages who cannot perform their daily tasks alone (my real training is childcare assistant) and, therefore, I have not been going to school for a long time and I have 2 big children aged 38 and 32 and a grandmother with 2 little girls aged 5 and 2 and my English and very bad and it's my fault if I have trouble understanding and writing it (and yet I learned it for 6 years) and it's through lack of practice :girlsigh: and (I think?) that I am the only one who writes in French and has it translated by google (everyone knows it) and I discovered by pure chance this planet where I read and I learn from you ALL and ALL and for that  :thankssign: and I admit, like you, that I shed a lot of tears in front of this beauty of skating which is art before my eyes  :softyuzu:and happy with the Olympic victory of Guillaume (first name of my son) and Gabriella and a rarity in skating (the last one dates back 20 years) and hearing the :heartpound: Marseillaise