Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello everyone, I think some of you might recognise my name from The Other Place. I'm not a refugee from there as such (I'm still hanging out there for now), but thought I'd register here to make sure I don't miss any important news :-D

Hey YesWay. Welcome!

初めまして

Hello, I am Miyuki Igarashi.

I haven't joined any online forum not related to my profession for more than a decade so I'd like to credit the double power of Yuzuru Hanyu himself and someone very close to me who is an incredible fan of his to be here.

That's not to say it's my first venture into figure skating: like many others I got swept up in the popular wave after Midori Ito and Daisuke Takahashi brought serious success to Japan.

Not having had a skating ring near my home for me it was social and latin dancing I was introduced and attracted to at a young age, though obviously that never worked out to any kind of major attention competition level. It did create my fascination with things like costumes, stage and performance though and figure skating of course falls well within this range.

Later on in almost opposite direction I practiced Kendo - Japanese fencing - for around 15 years; during that time I had a chance to try Kyudo - Japanese archery; despite the seeming prominent Western misconception of "zen archery" it doesn't have anything to do with zen buddhism, which like all buddhism rejects violence, to me the "zen archery" label is really weird... but I've gone way off topic ^^; - but that sadly also ended with graduating from university way back when.

Back to ice skating, one thing I am very ambivalent now is the quad rage: of course they are an impressive achievement and I admire that, but given the perforce limited duration of programs in competition, I worry that other, less technically oriented parts will slowly disappear...

I think I like Yuzuru most of all for the fact that he can successfully combine both.

I am also impressed to see how many fans he has managed to get overseas and I'm here to enjoy more of his - and a few ofhers - skating together with everybody.

では、よろしくお願いします。

Welcome everyone! I see some familiar faces, glad you found us :clap:

Back to ice skating, one thing I am very ambivalent now is the quad rage: of course they are an impressive achievement and I admire that, but given the perforce limited duration of programs in competition, I worry that other, less technically oriented parts will slowly disappear...

I think I like Yuzuru most of all for the fact that he can successfully combine both.

Ah welcome, welcome to our little corner of the universe!

Believe me, many of us feel the exact same way in terms of need to balance the technical and the artistry so please, do join us in the skating threads (Yuzuru's or for the other skaters). That is definitely one of the things that can generate some good discussion (even about Yuzuru, considering his potential 5 quad layout). So yes, please join us and thank you for the lovely introduction!

Hello! I have been a long time lurker in GS fan feast. I´m not sure if I want to de-lurk here (I´m not a very social person, sorry), but I thought it would be polite to introduce myself and thank all the beautiful persons who have created this amazing place.

I have been a casual viewer of figure skating very long time. Then one friday afternoon in november 2011 I was watching the GP-series and I saw this young boy. It was like a lightning had struck and my whole life changed. At that time it was hard to find info about Yuzuru in english but sometime during the season 2012-2013 I found GS and fan feast. Since then it has been like my second home. I never wrote anything, but I did read all 4700 + pages. And now I have immigrated here - thanks Fay for guiding me - and this place is simply amazing. I am so happy to be a part of this planet.

Sorry for the long post, but I want to add one more thing. WC in Helsinki was my first live competition. At free program my seat was in the section where Yuzuru jumped his 4S+3T. When he approached the jump I said: "You can do it, you can do it." It was the most beautiful jump I have ever seen. That moment is something I will always remember. And before I forget, I want to thank every fan who has shared videos and photos during these years. When I saw Yuzuru in practices and especially during competition, my hands were shaking so bad, it was impossible to take good photos or videos. I don´t understand how you do it and I am forever grateful.

Hello! I have been a long time lurker in GS fan feast. I´m not sure if I want to de-lurk here (I´m not a very social person, sorry), but I thought it would be polite to introduce myself and thank all the beautiful persons who have created this amazing place.

I have been a casual viewer of figure skating very long time. Then one friday afternoon in november 2011 I was watching the GP-series and I saw this young boy. It was like a lightning had struck and my whole life changed. At that time it was hard to find info about Yuzuru in english but sometime during the season 2012-2013 I found GS and fan feast. Since then it has been like my second home. I never wrote anything, but I did read all 4700 + pages. And now I have immigrated here - thanks Fay for guiding me - and this place is simply amazing. I am so happy to be a part of this planet.

Sorry for the long post, but I want to add one more thing. WC in Helsinki was my first live competition. At free program my seat was in the section where Yuzuru jumped his 4S+3T. When he approached the jump I said: "You can do it, you can do it." It was the most beautiful jump I have ever seen. That moment is something I will always remember. And before I forget, I want to thank every fan who has shared videos and photos during these years. When I saw Yuzuru in practices and especially during competition, my hands were shaking so bad, it was impossible to take good photos or videos. I don´t understand how you do it and I am forever grateful.

Welcome lajoitko!

I enjoyed your introduction very much, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! :)

It is so amazing to know that you were sitting in the same section in Helsinki with us, and may I say that 4S-3T was to me also the most beautiful thing I have ever seen :love:

Hello everyone,

I discovered the glorious Yuzuru Hanyu fan fest about a year and a half ago, read the existing posts (that was quite a challenge and took some time, but the emotional journey was totally worth it) and continued to follow silently. The thread was "making my day" every (other) day.

Big Thanks for creating and managing the New Home :goe: (<- i had to use this smiley because it's awesome). The atmosphere on this planet is too good to keep on lurking so here i am.

I am yet to attend any FS event but hoping to see certain someone live one day.

Wishing Good Health and Good Luck (including fair judging, please) to Yuzuru.

May the fun and craziness on the Planet Hanyu (population: growing rapidly) continue for the long long time to come.

:s_dance

Hi all :wave: , it is nice to meet other Yuzu's fans here. I started to love FS since 2010 Olympics because of Yuna and Mao. Then I fell in love with Yuzu at 2014 Olympics lol. However, it is not until 2016-2017 when I religiously follow all FS competitions and watch most of them live online. Prior to that, I could only casually watch FS on youtube since the place where I live won't have any live broadcast of FS competition on TV except for winter olympics :cry: . I'm never on any FS-related forum before, but since I adore Yuzu so much, I decided to register to this forum :love: . Can't wait for the new season to start and I hope we can have another great season ahead of us.

Hello and welcome k404 and kurage, and all the other old and new faces/nicknames I see around here! :wave: Thank you for joining us on our new favorite planet. We hope you all feel right at home here and will have a great time celebrating our skating space kitten :grin:

Oh, snap! So this is the place where newbies introduce themselves. I went straight to the chat thread instead, so embarrassing :smile:.

Salut, c'est encore moi

I first got interested in figure skating during 2014 Olympics, but it took me over 2 years to become a regular follower and a proud Yuzu fan :grin:. 2016 Worlds, I won't forget you for so many reasons...

Happy to join the coven, looking forward to discussing various Yuzu-related stuff.

Hi! Thank you for creating this wonderful forum. It looks like a lot of fun!

Congratulations on this grand opening!

I have been following Yuzu since he was a child. My mom and I just love him!

Hi, everyone! Been a ladies' figure skating fan for a long time but never really got into the men's events until I watched Yuzu's performance in Sochi. Super excited about the upcoming Olympic season and hoping for great things to come!