Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello and thank you so much for starting Planet Hanyu!!

I'm fairly new to Hanyu-senshu; I discovered him at Worlds 2017 right before his flawless FS.

A bit about me: I used to skate at the local rink (nothing as ambitious as figure skating!) and LOVED watching figure skating during WInter Olympics; it's been MANY years since I even thought about the sport and only stumbled upon Yuzuru because somehow in my newsfeed there was a video of him practicing in Helsinki and I was instantly hooked. Since discovering him, I've thrown myself back into figure skating trivia and performances and have been immersing myself.

I live in Japan and have lived in five countries (US, Canada x 2, Spain x 2, Japan x 2, Taiwan); hoping to get tickets to this year's GPF or NHK Trophy if the kamisama are on my side (perhaps a visit to Hachimangu shrine is in order!!). Like Yuzuru, I am very interested in Zen archery (Kyudo) and am going to start lessons at a local club later this fall with any luck. Outside of my figure skating mania, I enjoy travel, digital photography, cooking / cookbook reviewing, and languages (I am fluent in French, Spanish, English and have studied Japanese on and off since elementary school).

Wonderful to meet everyone!!

Hello, I am a relatively new fan! I just started following Yuzuru around January this year, so I got to witness his 2S1Lo...4T2T...3A layout at 4CC Pyeongchang on livestream! :rofl: I have also lurked around The Former Home a bit without getting an account... I am glad we Hanyu fans have found a new home, with such a GREAT NAME! (Thank you all for setting this up!)

I am currently located in the UK, but I am a foreigner here - I have previously lived in two other countries. I am currently eyeing Milano 2018 (or GP France if that's what Yuzu gets assigned)... Sadly, I cannot really skate well enough to travel from one end of the rink to the other without holding on to the boards... I have never followed figure skating (or any other sport), until I found Yuzu and got so smitten that I decided to watch a lot of figure skating videos and identify jumps correctly!

The language I am most comfortable communicating in is English, but I know other languages as well - for the sake of anonymity I am not going to disclose what they are! (But I am going to lurk on some of the international threads, haha!) I enjoy reading, baking, and travelling during the "off-season" (for me, not for figure skaters :laugh: ). I am quite weak in languages - but I have resolved to pick up some Japanese this summer so that I can understand what half of my Twitter is trying to say!

I am a quiet person and mostly lurk around, so I hope everyone won't mind! :)

Hallo! Thank you for starting this forum- great idea! Although I've been a FS follower for years, I actually only signed up on GS about 2 weeks ago... and then they closed down the fanfest thread...so I'm super glad and grateful that this place exists to fill the void :,D

I think this will a great place to share the passion!

On GS (though I am only v new!) my name is Hinami. Hope it's ok I use this new handle ID indtead! I live in the U.K. working as an artist in London :) I don't have many friends IRL who fully understand my utter love for FS...but most ppl know I have the deepest respect and passion for Hanyu Yuzuru's all-around awesomeness!!

I used to figure skate as a kid, until our rink closed suddenly and I had to give up (2.5 hours drive to ur nearest rink is not something parents can reasonably do!) but I live in hope that I will find the courage to go back to learn as an adult :,) imho FS needs much more love and attention than it currently gets in the UK...

Anyways thanks for having me!! I look fwd to making friends here!

Thanks for the new home! And for preserving a copy of the old one! I've been a fan of Yuzu since Nice 2012, have seen him skate live 5 times, most gloriously at Helsinki. Truly, I am hopelessly addicted to Yuzu but as long as we stick together we can keep our new Planet a fun place to Go Crazy!!

5 times!! I'm so jealous... these must have been quite some nice experiences. I'm only eyeing Milan (if my wallet allows lol)

Welcome all new members q :s_drinks

HELLO everyone!

I knew about him back in 06/04/2016 and I totally fell for him, the way he skates, the way he smiles, the way he is. But just this year I got really into figure skating, putting an all-nighter for studying about basics of this sport. And from then I have had the most amazing experiences I've ever had in two years, for example streaming the WC2017 and WTT2017 at like 4 am, and also participating actively in the chats from the live practices for the Worlds in YouTube (if someone was there, will know the good time we had), joining recently to a fanpage and group dedicated to our favorite skater (Yuzuru Hanyu Latinoamérica) and all that lead me to this moment.

I hope we will have a great time here showing our love for our angel (or should I say swan? :s_crazy: ) :wave:

Happy to meet you all !

I knew Yuzuru and became a fan of his at the beginning of this year.My friend introduced this excellent &wonderful skater to me long before this year, but I didn't get further information about him for I was working hard on my school work . In the recent news Yuzuru mentioned that he admired Ohtani Shohei(Japanese baseball player 大谷翔平).When I knew that I said to myself what a coincidence !I actually became Yuzu's fan was because of Ohtani Shohei.A yuzu's fan introduced a way to set goals and how to achieve them, and she set an example. When it come to "how to be lucky ",she added that "Love Yuzuru Hanyu ".I was curious so I searched his name on bilibili (Chinese website like niconico),and finally became a his fan. What a long way, I could have known the best angel of this world earlier! Regretful about that!

About me : a Chinese speaking Madarin and Cantonese;not sure about my English and I hope that I make myself understood…Can't wait to learn Japanese.Love Japanese animation&comic in particular,and have many other hobbies as well.

Something to say:It's not easy for Yuzuru and Yuzu's fans, just see what GS did we can know that. But I still say there are countless good things waiting for him,for example the Gold medal of 2018 Olympics;and for us, absolutely this warm new planet, our new home.All we need to do is trust our king and defend what he deserves, and build up our newly-built home.

Hope to see more and more Yuzu's fan become a resident of PlanetHanyu.

Hello! Thanks for making this forum! I have been a fan of Yuzu's since his fantastic PW in Sochi. I've been mostly hanging out at the YHIFG since it started. I've traveled to see Yuzuru compete in person in Boston 2016, Autumn Classic 2016 and SC 2016. Hope to see him again live! I was never a member at GS, though occasionally would peek at linked threads. Hope this will be a good and relatively peaceful site in which interesting discussions about Yuzu's skating can take place!

Thanks for the new home! And for preserving a copy of the old one! I've been a fan of Yuzu since Nice 2012, have seen him skate live 5 times, most gloriously at Helsinki. Truly, I am hopelessly addicted to Yuzu but as long as we stick together we can keep our new Planet a fun place to Go Crazy!!

2012 & 5 times! It must be quite good to see his skate live. As a student with no time and no money I am really eager to see him ,only once is better than never :cry:

Hi guys :D I'm a fairly new fan, I didn't know about GS until things were mentioned on tumblr, which led me here! I fell in love with yuzu's skating right before 4CC (lmao yolo layout killed me and resurrected me with clear skin i swear)

I'm kind of shy hehe but I hope to make some friends here!

Hello, so nice to meet you all once again! I spent two days offline and the first thing I have seen this morning has been the link to our new home. Thank you for making it real!