Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello everyone!

I am a long-time casual figure skating fangirl from the US who just beginning to get sucked deeper into Hanyu's vortex... What got me into watching figure skating was actually Alexei Yagudin's free program at the 2002 Olympics. After that, I would watch it whenever it was on TV, but not go much beyond that... So I've actually been aware of Yuzuru Hanyu's existence for quite a while (Since 2012 or 2013, probably?). Honestly, there was no way I could have known back then he'd become the legend that he is today, other than that he seemed like a cute and sweet young man. When I saw Hanyu win the Olympics for the first time, I was definitely aware that it wasn't him at his best and somewhat saddened that the world couldn't see him truly win...(not that I didn't like seeing his programs!)  Thankfully Pyeongchang happened! I don't know how many times I've watched the Olympic Seimei program since then, but it continues to be an immense source of beauty and inspiration for me! (And to think I first wondered at the beginning of that season, "Why is he using this program again?" Lol)  It finally pushed me over the edge into seeing a figure skating competition in person! Granted, that was the Grand Prix final in Vancouver this past year. Even though Hanyu wasn't there, there were still fans celebrating his birthday (and I sang Happy Birthday with them!) and it felt like he was there somehow...One of the fans even gave me a really cool magnet of Yuzuru. 😭 Although I love and respect other men's figure skaters as well, seeing Yuzuru Hanyu perform in person has definitely become one of my life goals! I hope everything works out well for next season!

3 minutes ago, kajigoddess said:

Hello everyone!

I am a long-time casual figure skating fangirl from the US who just beginning to get sucked deeper into Hanyu's vortex... What got me into watching figure skating was actually Alexei Yagudin's free program at the 2002 Olympics. After that, I would watch it whenever it was on TV, but not go much beyond that... So I've actually been aware of Yuzuru Hanyu's existence for quite a while (Since 2012 or 2013, probably?). Honestly, there was no way I could have known back then he'd become the legend that he is today, other than that he seemed like a cute and sweet young man. When I saw Hanyu win the Olympics for the first time, I was definitely aware that it wasn't him at his best and somewhat saddened that the world couldn't see him truly win...(not that I didn't like seeing his programs!)  Thankfully Pyeongchang happened! I don't know how many times I've watched the Olympic Seimei program since then, but it continues to be an immense source of beauty and inspiration for me! (And to think I first wondered at the beginning of that season, "Why is he using this program again?" Lol)  It finally pushed me over the edge into seeing a figure skating competition in person! Granted, that was the Grand Prix final in Vancouver this past year. Even though Hanyu wasn't there, there were still fans celebrating his birthday (and I sang Happy Birthday with them!) and it felt like he was there somehow...One of the fans even gave me a really cool magnet of Yuzuru. 😭 Although I love and respect other men's figure skaters as well, seeing Yuzuru Hanyu perform in person has definitely become one of my life goals! I hope everything works out well for next season!

Welcome and join the joy and misery of being a Hanyu fan! Hope you like it here! 

• 1 month later...

hello and thanks for creating this forum! :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

i’m andrea from spain altho i’m currently living in north london and i’ve been following figure skating since the 2010-2011 season, more or less? yuzu has always been one of my fav skaters so i’m very happy i found this forum! i wanted to find a place to vent without spamming all my twitter followers with all the fs feelings :1:

1 hour ago, anski said:

hello and thanks for creating this forum! :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

i’m andrea from spain altho i’m currently living in north london and i’ve been following figure skating since the 2010-2011 season, more or less? yuzu has always been one of my fav skaters so i’m very happy i found this forum! i wanted to find a place to vent without spamming all my twitter followers with all the fs feelings :1:

Hi! Welcome to the forum and hope you'll enjoy it here. :tumblr_inline_np9uqjPApW1qid2nw_75sq:

Is that Yuna in your ava? <3 

• 1 month later...

Hi !  I'm joining at last  after more than 1 year lurking 'round:peek:

just to tell you how much my fanyu heart feel  grateful since I discovered the Planet & you all fellow satellites!:thanks:

couln't wait more, right in time for Worlds.!..:003:

I've been once in Torino Palavella for GPF 2007... the year after Olys ....The presence  of Shizuka-san and Plushenko-san were still flying there, and being lucky to witness once in a life (a miracle) all these great skaters live made something to me that lasts forever..! I really do love FS since a long time ago and the passion is still alive!   I wish so much I was able go to Torino GPF again this year because...if only.... (I dream that Yuzuru Senshu will come ... :snonegai: ) I've never had the opportunity to go and watch Yuzuru skate live... though he came so close to where I live... twice! :10636614: I first discovered a wild Romeo Yuzu while desesperatly trying to follow on TV some bits of Worlds 2012  at Nice after burying the dream of going to watch live...though its only 3 hours by car...I'll never recover from this...:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:  He jumped right  into my heart ,:10742286: that's it!  And still is....:68271401: 

SPRING IS COMING AT LAST  !!!  Everywhere around and in the heart , here we go ! OMG ..... 

Really happy to be with you all to celebrate and waiting  with true confidence the come back of Yuzu and his magic. Inside of me it feels...(no words can tell  ...)

Each single time I watch him skate is a gift to my heart:softYuzu: Thank you Yuzuru , I'll always continue with you! :POOH:

sorry for long post ....

7 hours ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

Hi ! l I'm joining at last  after more than 1 year lurking 'round:peek:

just to tell you how much my fanyu heart feel so grateful since I discovered the planet & you all fellow satellites!:thanks:

For me now it is time to delurk for real !!! As my new laptop's name is "satellite", I  guess it must be a sign to join right in time for Worlds...:003:( I wish I could fly to Saïtama but no hope...) I've been once in Torino Palavella for GPF 2007... the year after Olys ....The presence  of ShisukaSan and PlushenkoSan were still flying there, i admit it made something to me that lasts forever... Now my dream is to go again specially this year...  I've never had the opportunity to go and watch Yuzuru Senshu skate live ...though he came so close to where I live ...twice! :10636614: I first discovered a wild Romeo Yuzu while desesperatly trying to follow some bits of Worlds 2012  at Nice on  TV after burying the dream of going to watch live.... though its only 3 hours by car...:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: I'll never recover from this! He jumped right  into my heart ,:10742286: that's it!  And still is....:68271401:

SPRING IS COMING AT LAST  !!!  Everywhere around and in the heart , here we go ! OMG ..... 

Really happy to be with you all to celebrate and waiting  with true confidence the come back of Yuzu and his magic. Inside of me it feels it'll be... SOMETHING!!!! 

Every single time I watch him skate is a gift to my heart:softYuzu: Thank you Yuzuru , I'll always continue with you! :POOH:

Welcome to the Planet, we hope you'll enjoy being here! :8430721: :) 

thank you Sallycinnamon and to all admins! You really do a wonderful and hard work to make the Planet be such a great place!  

And yes, it feels so good now to be able to share with you all crazy and passionate satellites!  :cheer: 

I miss Yuzu ...and am counting days too...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: but I  keep confident and trust Mr Hanyu and his great team  :gla:

(I myself made baby steps when I was his age and ever since  then  still had  to deal with serious health issues... one learn patience)   I respect him so much and wish he always find his way to achieve his dreams :68271401: :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

I deeply wish for Yuzuru and every skater a complete recovery and happiness soon again,  being able to skate at their best like they always dreamed to :snonegai:

hace 13 minutos , 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

thank you Sallycinnamon and to all admins! You really do a wonderful and hard work to make the Planet be such a great place!  

And yes, it feels so good now to be able to share with you all crazy and passionate satellites!  :cheer: 

I miss Yuzu ...and am counting days too...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: but I  keep confident and trust Mr Hanyu and his great team  :gla:

(I myself made baby steps when I was his age and ever since  then  still had  to deal with serious health issues... one learn patience)   I respect him so much and wish he always found his way to achieve his dreams :68271401: :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

I deeply wish for Yuzuru and every skater a complete recovery and happiness soon again,  being able to skate at their best like they always dreamed to :snonegai:

Welcome to the Planet!!!:10742289: just in time to join the collective madness and crazy joy cause we'll see Yuzu skate again next week :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: :13877886:!!!!

Hi

I'm relatively new fan, compulsive lurker on the Planet for a couple of months now, probably going to continue lurking.

I remember watching Plu, Lambiel, Alyona S. when I was a little girl. Stumbled across Shibsibs on yt after PC and they reintroduced me to FS.

Then I watched PC Seimei and Helsinki H&L and my life was never the same. Yuzuru Hanyu a.k.a. our Overlord  bewitched me, my body and soul and it's good to know that I'm not the only one :knc_yuzu2:

Can't thank you enough for creating this place! :softYuzu:

I've been having a blast watching europeans, 4cc and PC streaming party while reading your comments, felt like I wasn't watching alone. :grouphug:

it's the best place on the internet to start a fanyu journey and catch up with all the Yuzu content

and can I just say that all the yuzumoticons are giving me life, I mean... they are  :1497158260_5GOE:

17 hours ago, Ania said:

Hi

I'm relatively new fan, compulsive lurker on the Planet for a couple of months now, probably going to continue lurking.

I remember watching Plu, Lambiel, Alyona S. when I was a little girl. Stumbled across Shibsibs on yt after PC and they reintroduced me to FS.

Then I watched PC Seimei and Helsinki H&L and my life was never the same. Yuzuru Hanyu a.k.a. our Overlord  bewitched me, my body and soul and it's good to know that I'm not the only one :knc_yuzu2:

Can't thank you enough for creating this place! :softYuzu:

I've been having a blast watching europeans, 4cc and PC streaming party while reading your comments, felt like I wasn't watching alone. :grouphug:

it's the best place on the internet to start a fanyu journey and catch up with all the Yuzu content

and can I just say that all the yuzumoticons are giving me life, I mean... they are  :1497158260_5GOE:

It's nice that you decided to delurk, welcome to the Planet and enjoy your stay there! Hope to see your comments in the competitions threads, too :)  

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's nice that you decided to delurk, welcome to the Planet and enjoy your stay there! Hope to see your comments in the competitions threads, too :)  

Thank you for the warm welcome :10742289: I'm gonna try and join you commenting, hope my hands won't be shakeing too much and I can scream and type simultaneously  :)  Worlds will be wild:003: