Introductions

Hydroblade

Hello!

I've been a lurker on here for a while and only really posted to get questions about tickets. I recently went to ACI (I also went last year) but this year I could only attend the Friday event, but even in that one day I spoke with a few fans and it was so nice. Finally I had people who spoke my "language" but I was too much of an introvert and self-conscious to really get to know them beyond swapping opinions on programs we saw. I left to go home with my friend (who I had dragged along) and that was that. I hope this platform can help me get as involved as you all are because it looks like such a great community. 

All the best everyone!

13 hours ago, LourdesMoon said:

Hello!

I've been a lurker on here for a while and only really posted to get questions about tickets. I recently went to ACI (I also went last year) but this year I could only attend the Friday event, but even in that one day I spoke with a few fans and it was so nice. Finally I had people who spoke my "language" but I was too much of an introvert and self-conscious to really get to know them beyond swapping opinions on programs we saw. I left to go home with my friend (who I had dragged along) and that was that. I hope this platform can help me get as involved as you all are because it looks like such a great community. 

All the best everyone!

Aww I hope you'll feel more comfortable to participate in the planet shenanigans from now on! (And shh we're all secretly introverted.)

17 minutes ago, robin said:

Aww I hope you'll feel more comfortable to participate in the planet shenanigans from now on! (And shh we're all secretly introverted.)

Not too secretly, in most cases! This is an introvert club... 

Oh my goodness I didn't even realize this was a thread and I've been on here for almost a month lmao :embSwan:

ANYWAYS!! I'm not exactly a new Yuzu fan but have only been truly following him since a little after GPF in 2016. I found out about him during Sochi whenever I watched his SP by chance and was completely entranced by it. My mom was cleaning and had the TV on the Olympics during the men's SP and it was Yuzu's turn. I've always thought figure skating was super cool but only really sorta payed attention to the ladies and pairs. But then Yuzu came along and skated like that and I felt my third eye open, I swear. I have never been more thankful for a coincidence like that in my life. But trying to find a video of that performance was literally impossible at the time and I was suffering a lot! But I sorta fell out of the hype until Yuri on Ice!! (which I do not like for many reasons) became a thing and I was like "hey wait didn't I really like that one Japanese skater that won the Olympics??" Then I watched his Sochi performance again, wept, and the rest is history. I haven't had the chance to go to a competition but I'm hoping that he continues next year and goes to ACI since that's not horribly out of the way for me (only about a 5 hour drive). Or at least does some ice shows in America ;;;;

I just recently turned 20 and I'm from the US so I can only speak English (I have very basic German skills at least?). But I'm really glad I stopped lurking and took part in the craziness of Planet Hanyu! It's fun to learn new things as a sort of newer skating fan (a lot of the technical stuff can be confusing ;;;) and all of you are super sweet

You can call me Dani or Marth, I don't mind either, but just know that Yuzu makes me very gay

Looking forward to the season and what Yuzu's got in store for us!! :war:

On 10/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, MarthEmblem said:

Looking forward to the season and what Yuzu's got in store for us!! 

You say that now but wait until your hair starts falling out. And turning white. Mhm. 

:D

Welcome and to @LourdesMoon and @Figure_Frenzy and I hope you have a blast with us. Along with the hair loss. 

I'm late yes, but it's the thought that counts. Sort of, kind of. Maybe. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

You say that now but wait until your hair starts falling out. And turning white. Mhm. 

:D

If I managed to survive last season and his ankle injury, I think I can handle this season until he pulls out the 4A, then I'm dead

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I am a new member to Planet Hanyu. Wooo!!

I've known about Yuzu since Sochi 2014 and was completely mesmerized by his performance but I never followed through with that adoration for some odd reason. I rediscovered him about a week ago and I must say, he has back counter triple-axeled right into my heart and I have been watching him daily ever since. I have seen other skaters but never got into figure skating. But when I saw his performance, I knew that this was what ice skating should look like. He was majestic, charismatic and yet so delicate and soft. I was completely mind-blown. And then he just had to come along with his cute little self and pooh at the Kiss and Cry. I fell for him. Not only was he an amazing athlete, he was humble and kind. I am a sucker for people whose eyes turn into crescent moons when they smile. Too adorable! I'm sad that I didn't follow my heart when I first became mesmerized by his skating but I'm trying to catch up on the years I've missed!

I majored in Japanese during college but it's been rusty after graduating. Luckily, ever since my recent move to Japan for work as an ALT, my Japanese is slowly coming back to me. Anyways, I was looking for online international support being that I don't have anyone else I can blabber nonstop about Yuzu to so I am super lucky to have found Planet Hanyu. Thank you so much for existing! I am truly thankful to find kindred souls! :D

I am super excited to attend future ice shows and be able to follow Yuzu in his journey to perfecting his performances! 

• 2 weeks later...

New member here ! Hi everyone :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'm from Belgium and I recently moved to Toronto (which I took as a sign to embrace my newly found interest in FS). I discovered Yuzu at Sochi but I have never been actively following FS, aside from the occasional European or WC (given the non-existent coverage of FS in my country, even then I had to watch on French channels :14066882:). Fast forward 4 years and a bit before Peyongchang I'm having a case of "hey, what happened to that young Japanese skater? He was so great at Sochi!" followed by a self-imposed 1-week crash course on the rollercoaster that was Yuzu life and career. Then Yuzu's performance at the OWG blew my mind (again) so I gave in. Now I am trapped as a fan (and loving it :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:)

I have been lurking around for a while to learn more about the various aspects of the sport, but I'll try to overcome my natural shyness to be more active from now on. Hopefully I am not too late for a real life experience (maybe ACI next year?) :10636614:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm from Denmark and just created an account today after having lurked for a bit over a month.

I vaguely knew about Yuzuru for a few years but I never managed to dive deeper into figure skating or him as an individual until recently due to health issues taking up all my energy. I really regret not being able to do it sooner so I could have followed along in real time. It wasn't until this october that I finally fell into a rabbit hole and basically binged all information and also learned about the sport.

My first real time event was Helsinki and what a wonderful experience to finally have! I was really looking forward to being able to experience his following events but then the injury happened and I'm wishing all the best for him and his recovery. I'm so happy to have so much information to take in and lurking here was so helpful for me as a complete newbie. :201111231756430f6:

2 hours ago, Forfjor said:

Hello! I'm from Denmark and just created an account today after having lurked for a bit over a month.

I vaguely knew about Yuzuru for a few years but I never managed to dive deeper into figure skating or him as an individual until recently due to health issues taking up all my energy. I really regret not being able to do it sooner so I could have followed along in real time. It wasn't until this october that I finally fell into a rabbit hole and basically binged all information and also learned about the sport.

My first real time event was Helsinki and what a wonderful experience to finally have! I was really looking forward to being able to experience his following events but then the injury happened and I'm wishing all the best for him and his recovery. I'm so happy to have so much information to take in and lurking here was so helpful for me as a complete newbie. :201111231756430f6:

Welcome to your new home, make yourself comfortable, don’t be afraid to ask any questions! The more of us, the better! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am really new to any kind of fan forum, so I have no idea how any of this works. I first saw Yuzuru at the 2018 Olympics, and he reminded me why I loved figure skating. I can’t do it myself, that toe pick is my arch nemesis every time I have gone in the past, and it is a long drive to the closest ice rink. I hadn’t seen any skating in years, and watching the Olympics and the way Yuzuru just took everyone’s breath away, followed by the avalanche of Winnie the Poohs falling from the sky, I loved every second of it.

I don’t know that I will be able to see a skating competition or even any of the ice shows that Yuzu skates in this year, but I am hoping that by next year I will have the time, and the money, to be able to go, and I have a question that I am hoping somebody here will know the answer to. Where is a good arena to go see him skate that is affordable to get to? Looking forward to any answer, thanks.

Okay, a little bit about me; I love animals, Disney, some sci-fi, music and reading. I don’t speak any other languages besides English but I would love to learn. I have two horses, they are my other love, and I spend quite a bit of time with them. I hope to make some new friends who can understand my rediscovered love for figure skating, and who don’t mind explaining things to me, I’m a few years out of date (14) and don’t quite understand the new skating rules. Looking forward to... well, everything. Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:03 AM, DreamSerene said:

Hi, I am really new to any kind of fan forum, so I have no idea how any of this works. I first saw Yuzuru at the 2018 Olympics, and he reminded me why I loved figure skating. I can’t do it myself, that toe pick is my arch nemesis every time I have gone in the past, and it is a long drive to the closest ice rink. I hadn’t seen any skating in years, and watching the Olympics and the way Yuzuru just took everyone’s breath away, followed by the avalanche of Winnie the Poohs falling from the sky, I loved every second of it.

I don’t know that I will be able to see a skating competition or even any of the ice shows that Yuzu skates in this year, but I am hoping that by next year I will have the time, and the money, to be able to go, and I have a question that I am hoping somebody here will know the answer to. Where is a good arena to go see him skate that is affordable to get to? Looking forward to any answer, thanks.

Okay, a little bit about me; I love animals, Disney, some sci-fi, music and reading. I don’t speak any other languages besides English but I would love to learn. I have two horses, they are my other love, and I spend quite a bit of time with them. I hope to make some new friends who can understand my rediscovered love for figure skating, and who don’t mind explaining things to me, I’m a few years out of date (14) and don’t quite understand the new skating rules. Looking forward to... well, everything. Wishing you all a safe and Happy New Year.

Welcome! :10742289:

Depending on where you live and what kind of competitions he goes to, prices vary. For example challenger series are the cheapest (he usually does Autumn Classic in Canada and all event tickets are usually around 80CAD) since they aren't as important as Grand Prix series or other ISU championships. GP tickets vary from country to country also, as well as from arena to arena, but good tickets (cmiiw) are usually from 200-300CAD. Worlds tickets are obviously the most expensive and vary from place to place, but decent all event tickets usually range from around 500-600CAD to 900-1000. So without counting accomodation and transportation, challengers are the better option, and from experience feel much more intimate and special since they are held in smaller venues.