Introductions

Hydroblade

6 hours ago, planetmidi said:

Hi, I have been following Yuzu since after Sochi when I scoured the internet for any information on this beautiful skater. I have watched figure skating over the course of many years, but when I saw the YouTube of Yuzu skating at Worlds in Nice, I was hopelessly hooked and no one else could understand why I suddenly loved to watch men’s figures skating.  I used to think men’s figure skating was boring and pretty stiff looking as they prepared for a long time before a jump.  But this young, angelic looking boy was jumping out of nowhere and creating a beautiful flow from one element to the next.  I joined a skating forum and lurked for the most part.  I’m not very good technically so I have always been a little intimidated about all the different apps.  Then I did something I have never done before. I went to see Yuzu at Worlds in Boston. It was a mixture of emotions because he was injured, but seeing him skate live was incredible. It didn’t matter that my friends thought I was crazy and that they couldn’t understand when I tried to explain how effortless and other worldly his skating was.  I had never been to a skating competition  before but I loved his Seimei costume so much that I had to see it live.  Pyeongchang olympics were special to me because the programs were the same as those I saw in Boston, but this time he skated victory.  I watched his SP and FS live and was screaming at the tv when he won.  My family, friends and coworkers all know the name Yuzuru Hanyu or that Japanese skater that won two gold medals.  They still think I’m crazy, but I love watching him skate and respect and admire his character.  Sorry, I’ve rambled a long time........I just feel safe here sharing the joy of Yuzu.

Welcome to the planet :10742289::10742289: And thank you for sharing your story. Alot of us are in a similiar situation where this is the only place where we feel safe gushing on and on about Yuzu's skating and personality. He is truly special <3

Btw, we are watching the Nice 2012 mens FS together later today if you want to join!

Hello!

First of all my Grandmother on my mother's side was born in Osaka Japan so I have connections there.

I lived in Japan last year for a short time for a church Missionary work (I did free volunteer work in Higashikurume). I am a student studying Japanese and want to be employed in Japanese Gaming Industry in the future.

Last year I stayed at a Japanese Church in Higashikurume and the people there said Yuzuru has alot of fans who were 50~60 years old. I did not know about it until they told me. 

When I stayed in Higashikurume last winter I was mermerzied by Japanese culture and fell in love with anything Japanese pretty much.

I watched Yuri on Ice and got to know Yuzuru better through YOI fans twitter. Then I realized that foreigners can't get tickets to Japanese Nationals so I am asking Japanese fans on the International Talk if it is possible. I do want to go to Japanese Nationals or NHK Trophy in the future. 😘

Hello everyone! So, I've been lurking for a long time on this forum and finally decided to become more active and introduce myself. I'm twenty something girl from Poland, who's currently living and working in Japan. 

As far as I remember, I've been interested in figure skating since childhood and I've been watching it on not so regular basis. I vaguely remember Winter games in Nagano, which I was watching as a child (gosh I'm old), but the ones I remember clearly were from Torino onwards.  My peak of interest was in high-school (the days of Plush, Lambiel and Joubert :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:). And I remember watching Yuzuru in Sochi and being like - who's that cute boi! Since then I've been watching a little bit less figure skating, but a little bit more Yuzuru, which culminated last year.

Thanks to some awesome opportunities at my university I've been sent to Japan for one year and have been living here since last August. And coincidentally - my flatmate turned out to be as much Yuzuru fan as me! So we support each other in our madness. :9: Picture our disappointment when we didn't get the tickets for the NHk Trophy (stupid lottery), but then all the horrible stuff happened... and in the end we were low-key glad we weren't there to witness it.

Since the Olympics I feel like Yuzuru is haunting me even more (books and magazines in every bookstore, random ladies on a train talking about him), so since than  I've been pulled into Yuzuru Fever even deeper than before (how's that even possible?!) :headdesk2:

So, long story short, from this time onward I'd like to contribute more to the community and help with some translations from Japanese to English, but I don't know where to start with all of that. :13877886: Yoroshiku?

6 minutes ago, vibeke said:

Hello everyone! So, I've been lurking for a long time on this forum and finally decided to become more active and introduce myself. I'm twenty something girl from Poland, who's currently living and working in Japan. 

As far as I remember, I've been interested in figure skating since childhood and I've been watching it on not so regular basis. I vaguely remember Winter games in Nagano, which I was watching as a child (gosh I'm old), but the ones I remember clearly were from Torino onwards.  My peak of interest was in high-school (the days of Plush, Lambiel and Joubert :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:). And I remember watching Yuzuru in Sochi and being like - who's that cute boi! Since then I've been watching a little bit less figure skating, but a little bit more Yuzuru, which culminated last year.

Thanks to some awesome opportunities at my university I've been sent to Japan for one year and have been living here since last August. And coincidentally - my flatmate turned out to be as much Yuzuru fan as me! So we support each other in our madness. :9: Picture our disappointment when we didn't get the tickets for the NHk Trophy (stupid lottery), but then all the horrible stuff happened... and in the end we were low-key glad we weren't there to witness it.

Since the Olympics I feel like Yuzuru is haunting me even more (books and magazines in every bookstore, random ladies on a train talking about him), so since than  I've been pulled into Yuzuru Fever even deeper than before (how's that even possible?!) :headdesk2:

So, long story short, from this time onward I'd like to contribute more to the community and help with some translations from Japanese to English, but I don't know where to start with all of that. :13877886: Yoroshiku?

Hi! Amazing~ i think that being a Yuzu fan in Japan is both a blessing and a curse :13877886: but you seem to be strong enough to not end up selling your soul or spare organs to afford all the things :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: please share your secrets

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Hi! Amazing~ i think that being a Yuzu fan in Japan is both a blessing and a curse :13877886: but you seem to be strong enough to not end up selling your soul or spare organs to afford all the things :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: please share your secrets

Well, not so much secret but I have a theory: as a part of my thesis I'm researching shinto shrines, so I think part of my soul has already been offered to shinto gods :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: and that would also explain my whole obsession with Seimei...

Just now, vibeke said:

Well, not so much secret but I have a theory: as a part of my thesis I'm researching shinto shrines, so I think part of my soul has already been offered to shinto gods :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: and that would also explain my whole obsession with Seimei...

Ah, another victim of Seimei's shikigami...

10 hours ago, vibeke said:

Welcome and i hope you enjoy the forum and conversing with fellow Yuzu fans :10742289:

About translating some stuff from Japanese to English, I've compiling videos of Yuzu below and maybe you can take a crack at some of the videos if you're feeling up to it... hehehe

• 5 weeks later...

Hello new poster (but i lurk) and fan in general here! Just dropping by to say thanks for the updates it helped me binge watch and binge know anything there is to know about hanyu these past few weeks after his win in the olympics which i first discovered him, and im so thankful for this forum ^_^  
and because of that hanyu's life and sport is now my role model to achieve things i never  imagined i will do.. (like what im about to do right now which is entering a univ and living alone) (i mean if he can win an olympic gold with an injury then i can enter school with a perfectly healthy body)
With that im looking forward for more seasons for hanyu! kinda sad im late but now im here i can say he's such an inspiration.
His latest Hope and legacy performance in H&F (even with just clips) made me cry at the same time it gave me strenght to stop being a coward and achieve my goals. I think thats an amazing thing he can do to anybody. Im so lucky i discovered this forum!!!!! Thank You!!!!!

Wow Hi everyone, despite having been on here for months I've never properly introduced myself, or at least I don't think I have. 

My name's Clarissa and I'm from the United States. I speak English as my first language and have been trying to learn a few others but really just know bits and pieces. 

I've been properly following figure skating for 2 seasons now, and been a fan of Yuzu for as long. The first skating program I saw when I started following skating was Let's Go Crazy, quite an introduction to men's figure skating if I do say so myself. I discovered PlanetHanyu while scouring Google Images for some photos after the Olympics happened. I saw the URL and it looked fun here so I signed up. Super glad I did. 

Hello, I am quite new to this site but it is so nice being among other Yuzu fans. I have been a figure skating fan for about 2 years. I watched the Sochi short program on youtube and his skating just blew me away, it was nothing like I had ever seen before! After that I watched all his other programs and learnt everything about him.  My family and friends thinks it is a bit weird but I can't help it. His personality is amazing and he is so inspirational. He is truly an amazing human being :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

On a completely different note: even though I have been watching figure skating for TWO YEARS I still find it difficult to differentiate the different jumps and the only one I always get correct is the triple axel.... But it takes time I guess.

I have never posted anything here but it would be so much fun talking to other Yuzu fans! :8122685:

8 minutes ago, Kopiera7 said:

Hello, I am quite new to this site but it is so nice being among other Yuzu fans. I have been a figure skating fan for about 2 years. I watched the Sochi short program on youtube and his skating just blew me away, it was nothing like I had ever seen before! After that I watched all his other programs and learnt everything about him.  My family and friends thinks it is a bit weird but I can't help it. His personality is amazing and he is so inspirational. He is truly an amazing human being :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

On a completely different note: even though I have been watching figure skating for TWO YEARS I still find it difficult to differentiate the different jumps and the only one I always get correct is the triple axel.... But it takes time I guess.

I have never posted anything here but it would be so much fun talking to other Yuzu fans! :8122685:

Welcome!

Also, your avatar is so pretty:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Hope you post often!

13 minutes ago, Kopiera7 said:

recognising jumps isn't so hard once you just watch more figure skating and try to identify jumps. :) I learnt to identify jumps through watching last year's JGP events - juniors are slow enough to give loads of time to see the entry and the footwork. 

welcome to the Planet, enjoy it - and post often! 

Well, just discovering this topic while I'm here for some times. I got the URL for this forum from a comment under a YouTube video, a Yuzu video, of course. Did some skating as a child, liked it but did not love, then did again as a student then stopped. I'm still at the beginner level, lol. Watching skating for decades, discovered Yuzu at Sotchi, then stopped watching because my father died when the new season started, came back to skating last year. Happy to find a forum where everyone can understand me. Dreaming of seeing skating live. Maybe one day...

1 hour ago, Kadova said:

Well, just discovering this topic while I'm here for some times. I got the URL for this forum from a comment under a YouTube video, a Yuzu video, of course. Did some skating as a child, liked it but did not love, then did again as a student then stopped. I'm still at the beginner level, lol. Watching skating for decades, discovered Yuzu at Sotchi, then stopped watching because my father died when the new season started, came back to skating last year. Happy to find a forum where everyone can understand me. Dreaming of seeing skating live. Maybe one day...

Welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: