Introductions

Hydroblade

So time to introduce myself :yay:

I'm a Yuzu fan from Poland. I started to like him after Sochi but didn't follow him closely. Then 2014/15 season started and although it was really hard season for Yuzu, it was also my first season as his fan. He impressed me so much with his fighting spirit. Since then I support him.

I also started skating myself last year nad he's my biggest inspiration. Od course it's hard because I'm not a child anymore (my 20. birthday soon) but he showed me how to never give up and go ahead. I really love this sport and enjoy every practice.

I haven't got a chance to see Yuzu live yet but I hope to go to Milan next year. I'm already excited!

Thats all for now. Sorry for my bad english...

Hello, everyone!

I am a very new fan of figure skating - I was lucky enough to chance upon the broadcast of the final group of Men's FS at Worlds 2017 and fell in love with the sport at first sight. Yuzuru Hanyu had a large part in that, because watching him skate was mesmerizing, even though I didn't know anything about him at the time - not his world ranking, not his previous achievements, not even how incredible the program I was watching really was. Even without any background knowledge of the sport, Yuzu's performance - all of the top men's performances, to be honest - were utterly breathtaking.

Now, a month and a half later, I've binged hundreds of different programs across different decades and disciplines. I've rewatched a few elements over and over to teach myself how to discern triples from quads, lutzes from flips, counters from rockers, et cetera et cetera. I'm still very much an amateur, but the more programs I watch and the more I learn about this sport, the more Yuzuru Hanyu takes my breath away when I go back to rewatch his programs. It's obvious that he's something special, but as I'm getting to know figure skating better, I'm also starting to realize just HOW incredibly special his skating really is. I have no idea how I got this lucky, but I have a feeling that one of the first free programs I ever watched is one of the very best free programs ever skated.

So, here I am, I guess. I'm completely obsessed with figure skating now. Yuzuru Hanyu has me up at 3 AM on a weekday rewatching Worlds 2012's R&J, NHK 2015's Seimei, or Sochi's Parisienne Walkways for the twentieth time each. I've started sifting through twitter and tumblr for every bit of news about him I can find, because I can't help but be fascinated by the man behind these magical programs that don't even seem humanly possible to complete with such grace and ease. I've become a complete fan girl and I have no idea how or when it happened.

Someone, help. I've fallen hard and I don't think I can get back out.

TheQuiller said:
Hello, everyone!

I am a very new fan of figure skating - I was lucky enough to chance upon the broadcast of the final group of Men's FS at Worlds 2017 and fell in love with the sport at first sight. Yuzuru Hanyu had a large part in that, because watching him skate was mesmerizing, even though I didn't know anything about him at the time - not his world ranking, not his previous achievements, not even how incredible the program I was watching really was. Even without any background knowledge of the sport, Yuzu's performance - all of the top men's performances, to be honest - were utterly breathtaking.

Now, a month and a half later, I've binged hundreds of different programs across different decades and disciplines. I've rewatched a few elements over and over to teach myself how to discern triples from quads, lutzes from flips, counters from rockers, et cetera et cetera. I'm still very much an amateur, but the more programs I watch and the more I learn about this sport, the more Yuzuru Hanyu takes my breath away when I go back to rewatch his programs. It's obvious that he's something special, but as I'm getting to know figure skating better, I'm also starting to realize just HOW incredibly special his skating really is. I have no idea how I got this lucky, but I have a feeling that one of the first free programs I ever watched is one of the very best free programs ever skated.

So, here I am, I guess. I'm completely obsessed with figure skating now. Yuzuru Hanyu has me up at 3 AM on a weekday rewatching his breath-taking Worlds 2012's R&J, NHK 2015's Seimei, or Sochi's Parisienne Walkways for the twentieth time each. I've started sifting through twitter and tumblr for every bit of news about him I can find, because I can't help but be fascinated by the man behind these magical programs that take my breath away. I've become a complete fan girl and I have no idea how or when it happened.

You can't escape the gravity of Planet Hanyu. I tried really hard to do it and look at me now :P

TheQuiller said:
Hello, everyone!

I am a very new fan of figure skating - I was lucky enough to chance upon the broadcast of the final group of Men's FS at Worlds 2017 and fell in love with the sport at first sight. Yuzuru Hanyu had a large part in that, because watching him skate was mesmerizing, even though I didn't know anything about him at the time - not his world ranking, not his previous achievements, not even how incredible the program I was watching really was. Even without any background knowledge of the sport, Yuzu's performance - all of the top men's performances, to be honest - were utterly breathtaking.

So, here I am, I guess. I'm completely obsessed with figure skating now. Yuzuru Hanyu has me up at 3 AM on a weekday rewatching Worlds 2012's R&J, NHK 2015's Seimei, or Sochi's Parisienne Walkways for the twentieth time each. I've started sifting through twitter and tumblr for every bit of news about him I can find, because I can't help but be fascinated by the man behind these magical programs that don't even seem humanly possible to complete with such grace and ease. I've become a complete fan girl and I have no idea how or when it happened.

Wow, are you me? This is exactly how I felt when I watched Yuzu for the first time. The funny thing is, I had already been a big "fan" of figure skating for a while. I went to Worlds, Skate America...before I discovered Yuzu. And then I realized I never even skimmed the surface of it when I found Yuzu. The "falling hard and can't get back out" feeling is very, very real.

Hello everyone!  I enjoy watching figure skating but I wasn't really into this sport until I saw Yuzuru in Sochi.  After that, I've been lurking around in GS a lot to find out what's going on with Yuzuru.  I'm so glad I've found Planet Hanyu and I'm hoping I can have some fun in here together with all of you.  Cheers!

Guest turquoiseblue
56 minutes ago, AngelsWing said:

Hello everyone!  I enjoy watching figure skating but I wasn't really into this sport until I saw Yuzuru in Sochi.  After that, I've been lurking around in GS a lot to find out what's going on with Yuzuru.  I'm so glad I've found Planet Hanyu and I'm hoping I can have some fun in here together with all of you.  Cheers!

Hi and welcome, AngelsWing :pbow: I hope you have lots of fun here on Planet Hanyu!  

Hello! Maybe not so recent of a fan but not as seasoned as well, but I've been following the sport since last year's NHK Trophy. Always admired those figure skaters whenever I went to skate with my friends, but only got into the sport recently. Heard yuzu's name being thrown around on tumblr so I went to Youtube to search up some of his programs (i think i saw the 2015 gpf sp), and being a dancer myself, his artistry really appealed to me despite me knowing close to nothing about the technical side of the sport! It's really hard to have both the technique and the artistry so I really admired him and now I'm here - avid fan of figure skating and all it's principals (but let's be real, men's singles really takes the cake)

I was previously on GS until I got banned for arguing with 4eversalty about Duhamel and Radford. Lol Same username. I am also on FSU.

Max is not my real name and is a sort of...homage to Trankov. 

I slightly knew of Yuzu back in 2011-2012 but didn't follow that closely until 2012-2013 season. 

On 13.05.2017 at 02:39, TheQuiller said:

So... I'm basically in the same boat haha.

Only I have always loved figure skating, since I was little but then university happened and I missed years 2013-2016 completely because there was so much going on in life. But then this year I just happened to have a really long weekend and found out it was time for Worlds. So I did some research to catch up on what had been going on in the sport and decided to neglect all assignments and just enjoy the broadcasted events. And then Yuzuru happened. 

I've been out of my mind ever since :bliss-smiley:

On the one hand, I'm kinda mad at myself for not having discovered Yuzu earlier. But then... who knows how it would have affected my grades :juggling:  

12 hours ago, MaxSWAGG said:

I was previously on GS until I got banned for arguing with 4eversalty about Duhamel and Radford. Lol Same username. I am also on FSU.

Max is not my real name and is a sort of...homage to Trankov. 

I slightly knew of Yuzu back in 2011-2012 but didn't follow that closely until 2012-2013 season. 

I remember you, good to see you here! :wave: And lol, for some reason I always thought you were an Aaron fan and hence your username.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone!

I have been following the sport quite a few years, but Yuzu is the first and only (so far!) skater to have me travel thousands of miles away from home to watch live. Being one of the crowd who witnessed that spectacular performance at Helsinki was a true privilege to me, and one of the best memories in my life, for sure.

Thank you for those who created this wonderful space and make sure this is up and running smoothly, and those who are making this space hot and cool with a lot of materials, discussions, fanarts and so on (i have lurked around for some time and enjoyed them pretty much).  Looking forward to interacting more with you.:smiley-love017:

BTW: Is there any appropriate place to try out various functions this type of community services offer? I'm not a tech-savvy person at all, and almost overwhelmed by so many functions this forum seemingly offers. Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, kaumudi said:

Hello, everyone!

I have been following the sport quite a few years, but Yuzu is the first and only (so far!) skater to have me travel thousands of miles away from home to watch live. Being one of the crowd who witnessed that spectacular performance at Helsinki was a true privilege to me, and one of the best memories in my life, for sure.

Thank you for those who created this wonderful space and make sure this is up and running smoothly, and those who are making this space hot and cool with a lot of materials, discussions, fanarts and so on (i have lurked around for some time and enjoyed them pretty much).  Looking forward to interacting more with you.:smiley-love017:

BTW: Is there any appropriate place to try out various functions this type of community services offer? I'm not a tech-savvy person at all, and almost overwhelmed by so many functions this forum seemingly offers. Any suggestions?

Hello :D you could try things out in the suggestions and feedback forum where you might also find answers to some questions you might have :)